Chad Kelly Banned from Combine

oposssum

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

This is stupid. 

I'm with Barney on this one.  I mean, the kid is a flaming idiot, but banning him for something he said 3 years ago seems to be major overkill.  I mean, the kid from Oklahoma shouldn't be allowed in the parking lot, but Kelly is getting the shaft, big time.

58 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm with Barney on this one.  I mean, the kid is a flaming idiot, but banning him for something he said 3 years ago seems to be major overkill.  I mean, the kid from Oklahoma shouldn't be allowed in the parking lot, but Kelly is getting the shaft, big time.

Exactly. 

16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lol and they quoted Mia Khalifa in there too 

Why do I have a feeling that if Kelly makes an NFL team, she'll end up dating him?

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Why do I have a feeling that if Kelly makes an NFL team, she'll end up dating him?

That might be one of the only things worse than dating a Kardashian

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

That might be one of the only things worse than dating a Kardashian

I don't know... everything questionable that she's done is basically public record.  You have no clue where those Kardashian's have been...

Anyway, Kelly does have that Charile Sheen vibe, so it fits.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't know... everything questionable that she's done is basically public record.  You have no clue where those Kardashian's have been...

Anyway, Kelly does have that Charile Sheen vibe, so it fits.

IDK there's plenty of public record on Kardashians too :laugh:

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Plastic surgery... random law suits... sham marriages... the usual stuff.

Quintessential American Family.

screw kelly. wanted to spay an ak47 in a packed bar and then attacking the popo and some of you want to give him a pass? not me.........

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

wanted to spay an ak47 in a packed bar

How many people have made off-hand comments about shooting someone or blowing something up? He was pissed and said something stupid.  There is zero indication that he would have done anything. When we start punishing people for words with no action, this country is in HUGE trouble.

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

then attacking the popo

I bet if we tried, we could fill an entire page on this sight with references to football players resisting arrest.

The point is, it was 3 years ago. If he had a continued history of serious issues, it would be one thing, but he hasn't been busted for violence since. It's pretty hypocritical of the NFL considering some of the gems they have playing for them currently. 

maybe so but he sure was trying to hurt folks that night. now if it shows where he went to therapy etc to make amends that might change my mind but it would be hard. i have been toasted and pissed but i never threatened anyone nor hurt anyone. i got an idea....how about we let the popo he attacked make that decision? too many people go way over the line and expect no blow back from it. tell me something to change my mind. did he rehabilitate? did he do any charity work and that sort of thing?

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

maybe so but he sure was trying to hurt folks that night. now if it shows where he went to therapy etc to make amends that might change my mind but it would be hard. i have been toasted and pissed but i never threatened anyone nor hurt anyone. i got an idea....how about we let the popo he attacked make that decision? too many people go way over the line and expect no blow back from it. tell me something to change my mind. did he rehabilitate? did he do any charity work and that sort of thing?

BUFFALO, N.Y. – University of Mississippi quarterback recruit Chad Kelly has accepted a prosecution deal that, with conditions to a plea to a disorderly conduct charge, could let him join the Rebels’ football squad.

Kelly was arrested for his role in a December nightclub fight a week after he pledged to the school.  In exchange for his admission of guilt in the case, Kelly must apologize to police and perform 50 hours of community service.  Some of that time can be done in Oxford . But, if Kelly doesn’t finish that part of his punishment by March 9, he will go to  jail for 15 days. Head football coach Hugh Freeze has yet to say if the heralded signal caller,  who led his team to this year’s national junior college championship, will be allowed to put on an Ole Miss uniform.

http://newsms.fm/qb-chad-kelly-takes-plea-deal-competing-leader-rebels-huddles-not-done-deal/

Do you have to use the term popo? 

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

So you have a problem with the NFL taking a stand against incoming employees having a record of violent crime?  Or just this particular crime or criminal?

I have no problem with the rule, in fact they should apply it to all current employees as well.

popo is not a slight. it is aubie shorthand. got fam that served in law enforcement.......man you guys look for slights when none are there

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

So you have a problem with the NFL taking a stand against incoming employees having a record of violent crime?  Or just this particular crime or criminal?

I have no problem with the rule, in fact they should apply it to all current employees as well.

Did you miss the part where I said Mixon shouldn't even be allowed in the parking lot? No I don't have a problem with the rule, I have a problem with it being applied to a bar fight that took place 3 years ago. A bar fight is the loosest interpretation of "violent crime" there is and Kelly has avoided such confrontations since. 

I don't think the NFL should touch players who have committed serious crimes, like Mixon, but it seems like overkill to dig back into a kids history to find a drunken brawl and call it "violent crime". Now had the supposed AK-47 made an actual appearance, even just sitting in his car, I'd change my tune immediately.

I'm a totally non-violent person.  I find things like bar fights to be repugnant. At the same time, I can't stand rules that overreach because the people who wrote them or enforce them are too lazy to come up with the logical line to draw.

I'm totally on board with your suggestion about making the rule retroactive. I don't think anyone who has committed a real violent crime should be getting paid huge money to hit people.

Archived