2018 4* OG/C Jalil Irvin commits to AU!!!

ellitor

Updated 3/08/17 ...

4_4458426.jpg
Jalil Irvin, OG
Stone Mountain, GA (Stephenson)
Ht 6-4 | Wt 280

247Sports: 4*
Rivals: 4*
Scout: 3*

• Offers: Auburn, Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami (FL), Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, NC State, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Oregon, Pitt, Tennessee, Tulane, UCF, UCLA, Virginia and Virginia Tech, among others
  • Recruiters: Herb Hand, Larry Porter
  • Class of 2018

Edited by ellitor

From AU Rivals after 3/4/17 Jr Day

Four-star OL 'really close' to decision

AUBURN | A decision from Jalil Irvin could be coming soon.

The four-star offensive lineman from Stephenson in Stone Mountain, Ga., visited Auburn Saturday for a Junior Day.

“I’m ready to get this over with. I’m really close,” Irvin said.

In fact, Irvin nearly gave Auburn’s coaches a commitment during his visit.

“I was about 99.9 percent close but that one point got them,” he said. “I’m gonna be coming back, though, real soon. I’m about to get this over with so it’s going to be real fun.”

Miobda5gnlursisjk3kj
Irvin could be close to committing to Auburn.
Jeffrey Lee/AuburnSports.com

Irvin, 6-foot-3 and 295 pounds, lists Auburn as his leader. He has more than 20 offers including Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, Virginia Tech, Arkansas, Missouri, Ole Miss and North Carolina.

Irvin said it’s Auburn’s family atmosphere that stands out from the other schools.

“I walked in for spring practice and Antwuan (Jackson) from Cedar Grove walked up to me, K.J. (Britt) walked up to me, T-Will walked up to me. It's just a family vibe,” Irvin said. “Everybody knows each other. I like that. It's like a different feeling from here to other colleges for me.”

Irvin said he and his mom spent most of the day with Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand.

“I feel like we got even closer with him hanging out with my mom the whole time, not just talking about football but life in general. I had fun with it. It was real cool,” Irvin said.

“He loves to cook. He told us a story today about how he loves to cook and bring everybody over to his house to meet his kids, meet the family. His daughter goes here too so it's like a real family vibe. It's more than football for him. It was just a great thing.”

As for Irvin’s mom, it sounds like Hand won her over too.

“I think she’s AU,” Irvin said.

Irvin is ranked the nation’s No. 7 offensive guard by Rivals. Auburn is recruiting him to play guard or center.

“(Hand) said he sees my body type as a guard or center, but with my athleticism I could probably play tackle too. He’s going to bring me in as probably a guard or center,” Irvin said.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, vhsandaufan said:

If you see his commitment video he shows his phone with Malzahn's name and what appears to be Malzahn's phone number too, hmmm

Only if Malzahn has a Georgia cell phone number.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Herb Hand undoubtedly our best recruiter on the offensive side of the ball. 

over horton? Not saying I disagree with you but man its close between those two.

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY GREAT PICKUP! Always need to load up on the lines!

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

over horton? Not saying I disagree with you but man its close between those two.

Good point. They are close. 

• Like 1

Just now, milehighfan said:

Speaking of OL's I read an article years ago on Bud Grant and he always felt OL was the hardest position to play, physically in the NFL.

Totally agree

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic

Great Pickup! This man's a playa'. Welcome to the family Jalil! And War Eagle!!

Stud.  Just looking at his film he keeps going to the whistle.   I love that.  Also,. In that analysis E posted,. He shows some good technique to this untrained eye.