Softball vs. lsu(sun) - Game Thread

Need to get the bats going next inning. LSU has some offense. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin does a good job in the 4th and hold lsu where they ware.  We need to get some runs here.   Gipson, Podany and McCrackin due up for Auburn

Draper drops a bunt down, 1st baseman fields and throws to 1st covered by the 2nd baseman to get the final out.   After 4, Auburn still trailing 5-0

Swindle comes up big in the 5th, ground ball to Fagan, Strikeout looking and a chopper back to Swindle and Ashlee sits lsu down in order.   Time for Auburn to break out the bats and get back in this thing.   Top of the order coming up for Auburn:   Wallace, Cooper and Fagan.  Let's go Auburn

Veach grounds 1st pitch to 2nd and they go to 2nd to get Fagan and end the inning.  After 5 complete, Auburn trailing 5-0

Going to the bottom 6th, Auburn now trailing 8-0.    Shea, Gipson and Podany due up for Auburn.  Auburn has to score at least 1 run here or the game is over.   Let's go Auburn.  Find a way to get back in this thing.

Two straight innings that AU drops a bunt with 2 outs and ends the inning thrown out at 1st. Not sure I'm following that logic. 

Gotta have some runs right here!!

Podany strikes out swinging and its a final.  Auburn falls 8-0.   Game 2 today will be at 4.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

Podany strikes out swinging and its a final.  Auburn falls 8-0.   Game 2 today will be at 4.

What time is game 1?

Wow.  Did not expect to get run ruled.  Need to hold them in the first and jump on them early in game 2

Kudos to Podany for 2 clean hits.  I think we only had 3 in the game.  Otherwise, gotta flush that game out of the system.  Martin just didn't seem to have her best stuff today.  Twice we've been shut out in a month now

this is going to be a theme all year. we are going to have to win with pitching and our defense. Seen to many games of AU not hitting quality pitching this year for it to be a fluke. What was a fluke for the first game of the day was our pitching and defense breaking down. THAT WILL NOT happen that much for us this year. in fact its the first game I can recall this seas it has happened to us.

Don't have the bats so far this year.  Seems as though enough season has happened that this may be what our hitting will look like this season?

would they have changed hitting fundamentals/philosophy in offseason such that we can't find our swing?

i hope it improves but I worry it won't 

Archived