2019 4* ATH KJ Wallace

ellitor

AU leads

ATLANTA — Auburn University loves to recruit the state of Georgia. One of their four commitments (Jalil Irvin) for 2018 is from Georgia. The Tigers signed four from the Peach State in 2017, six in 2016, nine in 2015 — you get the picture. Auburn loves the talent in Georgia and they already are courting top sophomore K.J. Wallace.

Auburn along with Central Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt have offered the 5-foot-10, 182 pound athlete out of Atlanta (Ga.) Lovett with Alabama, Georgia and Miami showing interest.

Wallace has visited the Plains more than any other college campus and Gus Malzahn, his staff and the community have made him feel right at home.

IN HIS OWN WORDS...

TIGERS LEAD: "Auburn is a school that is really high in my mind," said Wallace. "I have been there five or six times, so I am familiar with things and I just like it over there. The people seem so genuine and that really stands out. I have been there for a football game, a couple of basketball games, camp and I have really been there a lot and seen it all. I like the coaches, the students and I just get a great vibe over there."

HOPEFUL FOR NEW OFFERS: "I really would love to get offers from Virginia and Stanford. Academics will be a big part of my decision on a college and those two offer great educations. I know they both could set me up for life after football, so I have interest in both of those schools."

NO LETTING UP: "It means a lot to be getting these type of offers early. It feels good, but it also means I have been put on a stage, so I have to keep pushing, keep working and nobody that has offers can get complacent. For me, I just want to keep my foot on the gas and keep moving forward and getting better."

RIVALS REACTION: Wallace is a strong student-athlete at one of the top private schools in the state of Georgia. He is not only looking for a great football program to be a part of, but what a school can do for him after football. It is still early, but Auburn has made him feel right at home so far. Their interest in him along with what it has to offer has his attention. No commitment is expected in the near future.

Profile says 165, but write-up says 182, and hope it's the later number if we are recruiting as a running back.

25 minutes ago, toddc said:

Profile says 165, but write-up says 182, and hope it's the later number if we are recruiting as a running back.

Article is probably right. Basic profile info does not get updated much.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

Article is probably right. Basic profile info does not get updated much.

Thanks Ellitor!

Remember, the Kid has a couple more years to grow before he gets to college. I totally agree with Bird. Kid has really good cover skills for his age. Lovett, for those who are not aware is one of the most prestigious private HS's in GA. Lot's of rich kids at this school. His mentioning of wanting offers from Stanford and UVA are not a good sign for us.

Archived