2018 4* ATH/QB Gerry Bohanon

ellitor

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Getting a lot of Crystal balls to MOO U. Announcing in a few days. We probaly are not recruiting him that hard anymore or if at all anymore I just hate he is going to play for dan mullen. He is the perfect QB for Hunchbacks system. He will do well there.

I nominate you for AUF Minister of Nicknames for SEC Coaches. :thumbsup:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Another Arkansas QB who plays horrible competition . Do not trust. If he wants to play QB, let it be for another SEC school.

Yeah but Mullen has proven to have an eye & ability to develop dual QBs so I don't thinks it's worth writing him off. I Just don't think he would have been a good fit at AU since he is not already a good passer.

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You do know some other SEC schools would refer to Auburn as MOO U because of their Auburn is a cow college joke.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

You do know some other SEC schools would refer to Auburn as MOO U because of their Auburn is a cow college joke.

Notice I said "coaches". I was referring to his nickname for Mullen, "Hunchback". He's also dubbed McElwain "Swamp Donkey", which I'm fond of, and even though it's more common than I thought, he was the first person I heard refer to Smart as "Bowl Cut". He's got a knack for it.

Definitely aware of Auburn's proud agricultural and veterinary pedigree and how rival fans try to spin it. That said, MSU fans actually ring cowbells. Some might call us Moo U, but they *are* Moo U. Not that I say it as an insult. MSU fans might be the nicest and most laid back in the SEC. 

(Side rant not directed at E: It's a shame that so many Auburn fans let the haters get to them. I actually started a big argument on here by affectionately referring to Auburn-related passion as "Barning". Some folks got mighty whiny about that. Auburn fans need to be proud and own it. Otherwise, you're just confirming the enemy's perceptions of you. Damn right we live in trailers. It's a perfectly logical and awesome housing solution for college students. Beats the hell out of walking up 3 flights, having to fight for parking and sharing walls with party hardy freshmen. /rant)

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah but Mullen has proven to have an eye & ability to develop dual QBs so I don't thinks it's worth writing him off. I Just don't think he would have been a good fit at AU since he is not already a good passer.

Maybe . To me this guy screams Chris Relf.

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm very okay with seeking more out polished passers. 

Doesn't look good with this guy. I think he is committing May 19th  and based upon how our coaches have been recruiting him, it won't be us. I think Mississippi State will probably get him. Hard to blame him - Dak Prescott turned out pretty well under Mullen. 

Just now, thaitopher said:

Doesn't look good with this guy. I think he is committing May 19th  and based upon how our coaches have been recruiting him, it won't be us. I think Mississippi State will probably get him. Hard to blame him - Dak Prescott turned out pretty well under Mullen. 

Let's hope his is to Dak Prescott as every QB that comes to Auburn with delusions of grandeur is to Cam Newton.

42 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Notice I said "coaches". I was referring to his nickname for Mullen, "Hunchback". He's also dubbed McElwain "Swamp Donkey", which I'm fond of, and even though it's more common than I thought, he was the first person I heard refer to Smart as "Bowl Cut". He's got a knack for it.

I thought his nickname was for Miss St not Mullen. Oh well.

6 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

1. We aren't recruiting him as a QB. We are recruiting him as an ATH. 2. I don't think we are recruiting him hard at all so there's no real loss.

Just now, ellitor said:

1. We aren't recruiting him as a QB. We are recruiting him as an ATH. 2. I don't think we are recruiting him hard at all so there's no real loss.

Unless we miss on Fields (which we probably will) and are still desperate for another quarterback before the end of the recruiting cycle.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

hahahahaahahah thanks loof!!!! I wish I had more original ones for saban but I do not so far. Just ones everyone else uses.

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

Maybe . To me this guy screams Chris Relf.

Mullen got 9 wins out of Chris Relf which is a huge accomplishment in itself. That is when I first started noticing Mullens ability to win with less. Relf is a big boy.Bohanon is more athletic than him and a faster and better runner. THey are probaly the same level of a passer at this point I will def admit. Gerry certainly has more upside than him. But I get the comp and it makes sense. Both are/were extremely raw qb projects.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahahaahahah thanks loof!!!! I wish I had more original ones for saban but I do not so far. Just ones everyone else uses.

There are so many it's almost impossible to be original.

17 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Unless we miss on Fields (which we probably will) and are still desperate for another quarterback before the end of the recruiting cycle.

Ummm. You do realize we got on and landed Malik Willis very late in the cycle in 2017 right? May is not a time to panic for the 2nd QB in the class. With Stidham & or White here the next 2 years, Malik Willis on roster showing progress, a raw kid with a lot of potential in Gatewood committed in this class, plus looking very good with Nix in 2019: if we miss on Fields it would not be the end of the world.  The staff would be afforded the opportunity to take a step back much like they did with Malik & let kids have their SR years, evaluate them, and pick out someone who shows a lot of promise passing and running the ball.

There is always the chance Mullen won't be there by the time this guy develops. I don't know any inside info, but sooner or later they are going to get tired of being the bridesmaid to ole miss. Mullen's only good for competing for a title every 4 to 6 years (maybe), if ole miss doesn't collapse he could be in for a hot seat. JMHO :dunno:

1 minute ago, Timeslider 6 said:

There is always the chance Mullen won't be there by the time this guy develops. I don't know any inside info, but sooner or later they are going to get tired of being the bridesmaid to ole miss. Mullen's only good for competing for a title every 4 to 6 years (maybe), if ole miss doesn't collapse he could be in for a hot seat. JMHO :dunno:

I believe Mullen has been actively looking for other HC positions over the last couple of years. His name kept resurfacing as a potential candidate for a lot of different positions. The problem - to date no programs have been able to match the $4.8 million salary he is currently getting at MSU.  

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Mullen got 9 wins out of Chris Relf which is a huge accomplishment in itself. That is when I first started noticing Mullens ability to win with less. Relf is a big boy.Bohanon is more athletic than him and a faster and better runner. THey are probaly the same level of a passer at this point I will def admit. Gerry certainly has more upside than him. But I get the comp and it makes sense. Both are/were extremely raw qb projects.

True . I still would rather not chance it though . Seems like we finally got a good QB evaluator ourselves , especially with the addition with Willis at the very end 

15 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

13 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I believe Mullen has been actively looking for other HC positions over the last couple of years. His name kept resurfacing as a potential candidate for a lot of different positions. The problem - to date no programs have been able to match the $4.8 million salary he is currently getting at MSU.  

Yeah, Mullen might leave for greener pastures, but I don't think his seat will be warm anytime soon. MSU's last SEC title was in 1941. I think they'd be delighted to compete for one every 4 to 6 years. 

7 hours ago, thaitopher said:

my birthday.........................hint hint:rimshot:

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

@GwillMac6, for some reason when I see Dan Mullen I think of this guy. 

maxresdefault.jpg

dan-mullen-shruggie.jpg

49 minutes ago, gr82be said:

@GwillMac6, for some reason when I see Dan Mullen I think of this guy. 

maxresdefault.jpg

dan-mullen-shruggie.jpg

GOLD JERRY!!!! THAT IS GOLD!!!!

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sounds like Miss St may not be ready to take him.Does 

Mississippi State isn't exactly a recruiting behemoth. It seems to me that they should take any 4* that wants to commit. What - did they decide to go after Fields too?? (sarcasm).

Archived