Will we be any better off with Kay Ivey?

alexava

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I didn't read the whole article Brad but last week she projected moving the election up wold cost like 15 million $?

Wouldn't know.  I don't live there anymore, so just casually follow AL politics anymore.  However, on the face, it's a good move to show that past political favors from the Bentley administration will not carry over.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/04/luther_strange_and_robert_bent.html

yes 15$million give or take a couple! Damn. I guess I agree Luther is crooked and got there on the crooked. But what are we going to get for 15 million? It will be another republican with very similar policies and he will possibly be crooked too. No good answer. 

11 minutes ago, alexava said:

yes 15$million give or take a couple! Damn. I guess I agree Luther is crooked and got there on the crooked. But what are we going to get for 15 million? It will be another republican with very similar policies and he will possibly be crooked too. No good answer. 

Do you live in Alabama?

On 4/19/2017 at 0:13 PM, alexava said:

Will Siegelman be out of jail in time to run for another term?   Think he was due to be released about now.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Will Siegelman be out of jail in time to run for another term?   Think he was due to be released about now.

He was released about two months ago he can't run but he did nothing near as bad as the luv guv or what's happening in DC. 

25 minutes ago, alexava said:

He was released about two months ago he can't run but he did nothing near as bad as the luv guv or what's happening in DC. 

Well that's your opinion of course....but lots of people including our most recent president did not see fit to spring DS early despite numerous appeals.  I'm thinking he got jailed for what they could most easily prove...and probably lots more that was less verifiable but well known to people in law enforcement ..JMO

And, as for what's happening in DC,,,looks like HC is going to get clean away with her e-mail transgressions and questionable foundation.  The usual case is that nobody's skirts are 100% clean and all of them up there are afraid to dig too deeply into misconduct and corruption because it often comes back to bite the accusers. 

But I do agree with you on Bentley....wonder what is going on in that guy's head ?.   

Siegleman sold an appointed seat. All trumps appointments have bought theirs. Bentley traded it for lust. Siegleman and Hillary are victims of political witch hunts. But yes they are all crooked. I give the former president credit. He is clear of any obvious corruption. Like him or not. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Siegleman sold an appointed seat. All trumps appointments have bought theirs. Bentley traded it for lust. Siegleman and Hillary are victims of political witch hunts. But yes they are all crooked. I give the former president credit. He is clear of any obvious corruption. Like him or not. 

I guess obvious is the key word.   https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/energy-dept-e-mails-on-solyndra-provide-new-details-on-white-house-involvement/2012/08/08/668dc042-e162-11e1-a25e-15067bb31849_story.html?utm_term=.f497e3a58779   

meanwhile....name at least one with even a remote factual line.

• 2 weeks later...

Ivey just made a terrible appointment as the new ADECA Director. Jim Byard, who she replaced, was very popular in the state and with local officials. The new director was Mayor of Enterprise, doesn't have a college degree and is know as a insecure micromanager.

3 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Ivey just made a terrible appointment as the new ADECA Director. Jim Byard, who she replaced, was very popular in the state and with local officials. The new director was Mayor of Enterprise, doesn't have a college degree and is know as a insecure micromanager.

How do you know him?

I know people who have worked with him and for him.

I have no idea or opinion on her. I just posed the question to gauge the feeling here. I appreciate any input. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I have no idea or opinion on her. I just posed the question to gauge the feeling here. I appreciate any input. 

I am mixed on her presently. Some of her actions I like, but a couple of her appointments are  not very good, in my opinion.  It is nice to have an Auburn graduate in the office again.

I am worried she has been in Montgomery for so long that she sees everything in a political manner, but time will tell. She will be 73 next year, so her age could be a factor if she decided to run for a full term as Governor.

Archived