SEC Baseball Tournament

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I was thinking the same thing until about an hour ago.  Arkansas is emptying the bullpen trying to win this game.

Maybe we can use their depth against both of them in that case. This may go to extra innings...hope these players tire themselves out!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miss St comes back to beat Arkansas 4-3 to win game 8. Arkansas now plays AU about 30 minutes after the next game ends which is Mizzou vs. South Carolina. Miss St plays Florida tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Brent Rooker is a pretty good baseball player.

That's like saying Scarlett Johansson is somewhat attractive.

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's like saying Scarlett Johansson is somewhat attractive.

Leads the conference in 8 offensive categories.  He will be a very rich baseball player in three weeks.

Arkansas is starting Dominic Taccolini (4-1, 5.01 ERA). He didn't pitch in the series at Auburn. Kinda surprised they're going with him over Knight. Maybe they're just hoping to get by with their bullpen (who had some success against us) and save Knight for tomorrow.

43 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Arkansas is starting Dominic Taccolini (4-1, 5.01 ERA). He didn't pitch in the series at Auburn. Kinda surprised they're going with him over Knight. Maybe they're just hoping to get by with their bullpen (who had some success against us) and save Knight for tomorrow.

Knight pitched Sunday and has been dealing with some arm soreness. I'd like to not even pitch him this week but we may have to if we win today.

7 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Who are we starting?

Line up posted. Davis gets the start. Why is Estes starting instead of Jarvis? Did Jarvis tweek the back again?

34 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Knight pitched Sunday and has been dealing with some arm soreness. I'd like to not even pitch him this week but we may have to if we win today.

Hello gohogs14  :wavey:

46 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Van Horn is probably like Butch in not liking to pitch a start sooner than every 6 days.

25 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Line up posted. Davis gets the start. Why is Estes starting instead of Jarvis? Did Jarvis tweek the back again?

Yes. Tweeked it again on Tuesday night.

Can we haz an 8 run rule after 7 innings in the SEC Baseball Tourney? Cocky beating Mizzou 10-1 in the 6th.

ETA: Damn! They made it a 10 run rule.

I just noticed something interesting. If we win today we could be in an advantageous position again tomorrow. The UF-Miss St. Looser will have to play 2 games tomorrow. Of course that may be offset by the likelihood we would probably start Johnny Wholestaff tomorrow.

Carolina beats Mizzou 10-1 to keep Regional hopes alive. They play the loser of LSU-UK tomorrow afternoon. Win that one & their regional chances get very interesting. Mizzou is eliminated from the SEC Tourney & likely NCAA Regionals too.

some interesting games the last few days...once the pitching staffs were down to 2nd and 3rd level the batters have had a field day....though looks like LSU has cooled off the Arkansas bats today.

LSU leading 4-1 in the 6th now.

I'm guessing the NCAA brackets will be out later tonight though I don't see it on my TV guide...

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

some interesting games the last few days...once the pitching staffs were down to 2nd and 3rd level the batters have had a field day....though looks like LSU has cooled off the Arkansas bats today.

LSU leading 4-1 in the 6th now.

Actually for the most part the 2nd & third levels of staffs pitched the 1st 2 days per Ben McDonald, Gabe Gross, & the other baseball analysts. The ones & twos have gone this weekend since Friday. Some of them have just been beaten up. See Brady Singer yesterday for Florida.

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm guessing the NCAA brackets will be out later tonight though I don't see it on my TV guide...

Nope. Tomorrow at 11 AM CT on ESPN2. Regional selections have been on the Monday after conference tourneys for a good while now. The only thing that's announced tonight is the 16 regional host teams.

Of in state interest South Alabama beats Ga. Southern in the Sun Belt Championship to punch their regional ticket. You could see a 2-3 AU-USA Regional match up somewhere.

Archived