Who is Auburn's 2nd toughest opponent?

ChaddScott

15 hours ago, DAG said:

I don't want to hear crap about the puppies either. They are overdue for this to occur

It is up to Gus to realize who our 2nd biggest rival is.  Hint to Gus...it is not Arkansas.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm scared to death of LSU. Too much voodoo in Baton Rouge, plus that new coordinator is crazy good. 

That new coordinator was fired from NCST 2 years ago, so it is not like he is some offensive genius.

Bama at home is our second toughest game this season. At LSU is the toughest game. Bama is better, but Death Valley is a whole different animal. 

I honestly think that that we will handle Clemson. It took an outstanding game from Watson to beat us last season with our quarterback circus in full swing. 

1 hour ago, LakeBum said:

That new coordinator was fired from NCST 2 years ago, so it is not like he is some offensive genius.

Brent Venables might just argue that point with you.

1 hour ago, LakeBum said:

And hung 45 on Clemson last year at powerhouse Pitt

23 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

They've lost so much on the offensive side and defensive side. Their Linebackers will be the only good thing they have going for them. 

Uh, their defensive line might be pretty good....

21 hours ago, DAG said:

I don't want to hear crap about the puppies either. They are overdue for this to occur

Holy ?but that was a good team. Man I loved watching every game, except for Tuberville's propensity to take his foot off of the gas. That beat down of UT in Knoxville was maybe the best half of football I've seen Auburn play in my lifetime....

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Holy ?but that was a good team. Man I loved watching every game, except for Tuberville's propensity to take his foot off of the gas. That beat down of UT in Knoxville was maybe the best half of football I've seen Auburn play in my lifetime....

No disrespect to the 2010 and 2013 squad , but they weren't seeing these boys 

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

Uh, their defensive line might be pretty good....

Here's a nice graphic to show you and anyone else why I said what I said. Losing as many snaps as they have makes me believe we'll man handle them. 

IMG_4188.JPG

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Here's a nice graphic to show you and anyone else why I said what I said. Losing as many snaps as they have makes me believe we'll man handle them. 

IMG_4188.JPG

Don't underestimate Dexter Lawrence, Austin Bryant, Clelin Ferrell, and Christian Wilkins. Especially Dexter and Christian...They can wreak havoc. Dexter had 20 pressures, 7 sacks, and 74 tackles as freshman.

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Don't underestimate Dexter Lawrence, Austin Bryant, Clelin Ferrell, and Christian Wilkins. Especially Dexter and Christian...They can wreak havoc. Dexter had 20 pressures, 7 sacks, and 74 tackles as freshman.

Lawrence is talented

Ferrell is too but he could be out for our game with a concussion.

Bryant and Wilkins stats the last two years speak for themselves.

Clemson doesn't scare me. I swear I don't just throw things at the wall and hope they stick. Auburn's team this year is special. Most talented, a lot of charisma, and a LOT of optimism coming from within. Alabama SHOULD be the only team that gives us trouble. 

5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Question Clemson's talent and their coaching staff at your own peril.

wde

I'm shaking in my boots. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I'm shaking in my boots. 

LOL. Do you not at least respect their talent and acknowledge that their coaching staff is better than ours?

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

LOL. Do you not at least respect their talent and acknowledge that their coaching staff is better than ours?

wde

They won't be a slouch but neither will anyone else. You've made it clear through EVERY post that you think Gus and our staff are a bunch of bafoons. So I won't go back and forth with who is "better". 

They won't be a slouch but neither will anyone else. You've made it clear through EVERY post that you think Gus and our staff are a bunch of bafoons. So I won't go back and forth with who is "better". 

Please give me an example where I have ever said Gus and  the rest of our staff were bafoons.....I will be waiting for a long time.

wde

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

Please give me an example where I have ever said Gus and  the rest of our staff were bafoons.....I will be waiting for a long time.

wde

You literally make it a priority to talk about badly about Gus every chance you can get. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

You literally make it a priority to talk about badly about Gus every chance you can get. 

Please give me an example of where I have ever posted anything about Gus that was not accurate.  FWIW, until uga 2014 I was one of Gus' biggest fan boys.

wde

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Oh and you still can't give evidence that I have ever posted that Gus and his staff were bafoons.  Still waiting on that one

wde

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

Please give me an example of where I have ever posted anything about Gus that was not accurate.  FWIW, until uga 2014 I was one of Gus' biggest fan boys.

wde

If I could find your content past yesterday I would... but I don't care that much.

If I could find your content past yesterday I would... but I don't care that much.

LMAO.  Don't through out weak arguments when your feelings get hurt if you can't back them up.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

LMAO.  Don't through out weak arguments when your feelings get hurt if you can't back them up.

wde

My feelings aren't hurt. You just always talk crap about Gus and staff and I don't care enough to go looking for it all. There's a reason most people don't even respond to you anymore. 

My feelings aren't hurt. You just always talk crap about Gus and staff and I don't care enough to go looking for it all. There's a reason most people don't even respond to you anymore. 

Again, please give me a post that I have made about Gus and the staff that is not accurate. FWIW, I think Horton and TWill are very good coaches.  I am optimistic about Lindsey.  Brown is probably a good X and O coach.  Garner is a very good recruiter when motivated.

wde

49 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Again, please give me a post that I have made about Gus and the staff that is not accurate. FWIW, I think Horton and TWill are very good coaches.  I am optimistic about Lindsey.  Brown is probably a good X and O coach.  Garner is a very good recruiter when motivated.

wde

I notice you're not disputing the fact that you have been disparaging about our coaching staff, so his point is made in spite of your repeated attempts to make him look foolish. Just stop, really. It's not difficult to see that you don't like Gus and company.

Flawed premise to this thread. Bama was our second toughest opponent last year and is this year. 2016 Clemson got a healthy Auburn and beat us on a dropped TD & moronic play calling while Bama- loser to Clemson (remember?) - got our back up then 3d string QB & 3d string rb. Bama will be 2d again, to whomever we meet in the natl title game this year. Saban's run of losing to somebody - Every. Single. Season - but still getting into the natl title game my get old even to the unprincipled sports media. Hopefully. 

Archived