Heath Evans for HC

tigerman1186

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I try to come to terms to needing Gus fired and y’all throw up the name Heath Evans as the replacement. We might as well keep Gus if we are going to do that. 

At least Gus just picked up a 4* DT yesterday. He also has Joey Gatewood in stow. If we lose JG because we decided to hire an Auburn man with no credible experience, I will be very butthurt. Losing JG will make me butthurt either way but damn, at least find a decent replacement for Gus.

I think it's more of a change in appearance and leadership. We all like what Heath has to say. He's firey and the complete opposite of Gus. Highly doubt Heath would blame a loss on a failure to convert third downs. With that being said, I highly doubt Auburn will hire a coach with ZERO experience. That's a recipe for disaster that may have worked out in the past, but likely not a high level power 5 school. 

Would be the most unlikely of hires in college football history, and I love it.   If he truly let his coaches coach, it quite possibly would be the greatest magic trick ever played 

I would love to have Heath Evans as a Head Coach. The man loves Auburn and it's players more than I can say about our current head coach and most of the ones on the PTB..

7 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

I'll support that hire!

Actually, it could be a good hire on an interim basis, until the AD situation is resolved.

How about firing Gus now, bring Evans in on an interim basis with the promise of giving him the chance to be permanent coach depending on how the team performs under him the rest of the season. 

These are normally terribad ideas but, I really like how he lays out he'd run the football program. Give him the reins. We could dump CGM now, CCL can run his offense, CKS can continue to run the defense. I could really get behind this idea.

5 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Don't know about you guys but I'd love to see Saban have to meet Heath Evans midfield. 

What a visual, al.com would have to have a special camera to make it seem Saban was anywhere near the same size.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What a visual, al.com would have to have a special camera to make it seem Saban was anywhere near the same size.

Oh I've been playing this visual in my head since reading Heath's plea. 

16 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

Also, have you noticed his 'guns' when he's on the NFL network...people make a big todo because Nick Saban yells and gets in the faces of his coaches and players...how would you like to see Heath get in a few of their faces!!!! I've never seen Gus get in anyone face..

I have always wondered how Gus handles missed assignments privately...because Leadership 101 specifically states, "People don't do what you EXPECT.  They do what you INSPECT."  I've never liked Saban's manner...but there HAS to be a happy medium in there somewhere.  I wish I could believe that he does handle them privately, but lack of passion translates everywhere.  "Good enough" just to win seems to be "good enough" ... except when we lose.  Then what?  To inspire you have to own your failings, leave yourself out of the successes (i.e. credit your team), and be willing to throw out what doesn't work no matter what.  What we are seeing is the multifaceted lack of leadership, trickling.

15 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I agree 110%. Just analyze what Gus said at the half compared to what Saban would have said. Gus doesn't have the winner mindset & it shows with our performance. 

When I read the comment about "nine points ahead...you're fine", I was taken back to FIFTH grade, when I knew NOTHING about baseball.  Band hadn't started yet, so we all took PE (yeah, I know).  So I somehow got to 2nd base, and one of the coaches said, "You don't have to run."  (Thinking, first base is empty, I guess, ready for that single.)  So I stayed put, because again, I knew nothing.  Only the next batter hit a double and when he or she came barreling toward me, hot-glued to second, I got out.  And all I could think was, "They told me I didn't have to run."

Be careful, be very careful what you tell impressionable kids (of all ages).  I got an N in softball skills that nine weeks, but again, I know enough now to let me know that there was definitely error in my coaching.

On the flip side...I sure did love playing the clarinet at Auburn High School...:Sing: :wareagle:

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I try to come to terms to needing Gus fired and y’all throw up the name Heath Evans as the replacement. We might as well keep Gus if we are going to do that. 

At least Gus just picked up a 4* DT yesterday. He also has Joey Gatewood in stow. If we lose JG because we decided to hire an Auburn man with no credible experience, I will be very butthurt. Losing JG will make me butthurt either way but damn, at least find a decent replacement for Gus.

Personally, I'm not swearing that Heath Evans would be a good coach. But I do think his credentials  are better than some may believe. Do you honestly think gus is head and shoulders better? Make no mistake, I want the best coach for Auburn available... no matter who that may be.

17 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

In all seriousness, would this be a possibility? 

It is if enough of the fanbase demands it be a possibility! We all see somthing must be done. Heck, why are we scared to hire a coach with 0 HC experience? At least he would be a bridge for when a better coach is availble. If he, as he said in his tweet, would take far less money than the current pay rate...why not? This option and making Kevin Steele the interim are my 2 favorite for an immediate solution; that keeps most of the current staff intact.

1 hour ago, tigereye78 said:

Do you honestly think gus is head and shoulders better? Make no mistake, I want the best coach for Auburn available... no matter who that may be.

No I don’t. But it’s a huge gamble hiring somebody with no extensive experience to be HC. I personally think that would be negative reflection of our program as well. I’d rather go get Travaris Robinson than Heath Evans if we are wanting to go the Auburn man route. T-rob has already developed recruiting in-roads throughout the SEC and he can coach a good D. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

No I don’t. But it’s a huge gamble hiring somebody with no extensive experience to be HC. I personally think that would be negative reflection of our program as well. I’d rather go get Travaris Robinson than Heath Evans if we are wanting to go the Auburn man route. T-rob has already developed recruiting in-roads throughout the SEC and he can coach a good D. 

You mean he same TRob who bolted when his daddy Muschamp called? Seems like a me 1'st person and we need someone who cares a little more about Auburn than that. Heath Evans wins that battle all day, every day. IMO

Just now, tigereye78 said:

You mean he same TRob who bolted when his daddy Muschamp called

Are you for sure Auburn wanted him as DC when he left to USCjr? That’s what he is there. Cant blame him if he wanted to be DC.

Woah Woah so much Muschamp hate I’m sensing from your vibes.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

T-Rob wouldn't leave his position unless he were made permanent HC.  Evans would merely be interim.

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

T-Rob wouldn't leave his position unless he were made permanent HC.  Evans would merely be interim.

Regardless, if we can’t hire T-Rob for that role, I’d rather we go elsewhere from our speed-dial network.

Archived