NBA Thread

aujeff11

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I see the Lakers are now trying to unload even more players to create enough space to sign another major player.  I think they are creating even more of a mess for themselves.  You need more than three players to win it all.  The Warriors could not do it with 5 this year.  The Lakers are trying to buy second round picks which is also confusing because you will just have these three players plus rookies as your team?

I mean the players they are trying to unload would not be in the rotation and anything of significance anyways this season. And even if they do not get a guy like say Jimmy Butler or any other max guy they want as much cap space possible to be able to build the rest of the roster. Either they get 1 more max guy or they could get as up to maybe 3 solid guys.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean the players they are trying to unload would not be in the rotation and anything of significance anyways this season. And even if they do not get a guy like say Jimmy Butler or any other max guy they want as much cap space possible to be able to build the rest of the roster. Either they get 1 more max guy or they could get as up to maybe 3 solid guys.

I would go with 3 solid guys.  The Warriors proved this season you can't be too topheavy.  You need some depth to spell an aging Lebron so he isn't run into the ground.  And all of this is assuming AD does not opt into his $4 million option.  He could very well opt into that.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

There is just a huge difference in even being a third option over a second option. Kyrie still got his (and even averaged a career high in points in 2017. More ppg than he did by himself in CLE or in boston.) and even Wade as he was getting older and declining was still able to average over 20 ppg most years with Bron. But the third option is just too many less touches to make a huge dent in the points per game department. Bosh was one of the best options you can ask for as a third wheel. Much Better than Kevin Love because he was a beast on defense and was a rim protector. Even in game 7 in 2013 when the Heat beat the spurs to go back to back he may of scored 0 points but he was still able to play incredible defense and get some crucial boards. To me on a championship caliber team those guys are perfectly situated in their roles as the third wheel. 

BUT YES DUDE!!!!!! I cannot wait to see AD on the big stage. Dude has the third highest PER in history and has had some absolute monster seasons and postseasons. He is so freakishly talented that a lot of people still do not know how good this guy is and even can be. He has not come close to reaching his ceiling. I can legit see him as being a 1 on a championship contender. He is that damn talented and good. His upside is staggering!!! Like you said there is no telling how great he can be!!! His skill set is perfect for the modern NBA. A big who can dribble AND shoot?! PERFECT. Plus he is a elite defender and rim protector. ONCE AGAIN TIGER IS EN FUEGO AND HAS HIS FINGER ON THE PULSE!!!!! Score another W in the win column for EL TIGRE!!!!!!! hahahaa WOOO!!! LETS GOOO!!!!

Man..Great points bro. Third option is just too few touches. And yeah I agree Bosh could do more than Love, particularly defensively. You've pretty much quelled my concerns to be honest man lol. It's going to be fun watching the Lakers in the next few years. You know I've been a Laker hater for a looong while now and honestly I don't feel Laker fans deserve Lebron after so much slander over the last decade or so because they felt like recognizing how good Lebron is somehow diminishes Kobe...ok not gonna start a Lebron/Kobe thing in here though so I'm gonna stop LOL

How long until Kidd replaces Vogel??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Man..Great points bro. Third option is just too few touches. And yeah I agree Bosh could do more than Love, particularly defensively. You've pretty much quelled my concerns to be honest man lol. It's going to be fun watching the Lakers in the next few years. You know I've been a Laker hater for a looong while now and honestly I don't feel Laker fans deserve Lebron after so much slander over the last decade or so because they felt like recognizing how good Lebron is somehow diminishes Kobe...ok not gonna start a Lebron/Kobe thing in here though so I'm gonna stop LOL

How long until Kidd replaces Vogel??

And then how long until Hollins replaces Jason Kidd!?!?! hahaha it is a never ending cycle!!! The Head Coach and Assistant coach both have guys behind them who could take their jobs!!!! GOT TO BE CAREFUL!!!!!!! The boogie man is around every corner! lol

• Haha 1

• Love 1

• Love 1

Gonna be a helluva off-season, guys. 

Wouldn't Rozier want to come back with Kyrie out of the picture? I assumed he was talking about Kyrie when he went on First Take and said he won't be back if some things don't change.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Wouldn't Rozier want to come back with Kyrie out of the picture? I assumed he was talking about Kyrie when he went on First Take and said he won't be back if some things don't change.

I think it’s locker room in general. Jackie M was saying there was a lot of resentment because Stevens kind of forced action toward Hayward in an attempt to get him back to his previous level. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

BAAAAANGO!!!!! Scary Terry will be back now. Now lets see how he plays with a full season as the starting point guard. He has run his mouth so long about how good he would be as the long term starter. WELL LETS SEE IT TERRY!!!!!!! lol. He owned Eric Bledsoe in last years playoffs though! haha

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Oh well. Start over and build around Tatum and Brown. Make sure the first rounders are pieces that work with the talent those two have. 

I think it is time to finally empty the war chests and use those assets of draft picks and future draft picks and GO GET A STAR!!!!!! But Celtics will be ok. They got a elite coach and young talent with just enough proven vets sprinkled in!!! Y'all will be just fine and win at least a playoff round next year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

HECK YES BRODIE!!!!!!!! My favorite time of the sports year is NBA free agency!!! IT IS SO EXCITING!!!! And it has already begun!!!! The NBA does FA right fam! Love it.

• Love 1

@Tiger I have put it off LONG enough. TIME FOR MUHHHHHHH to eat some crow!!! Something I should be used to by now with how I am always wrong!!!!! lmao. BUT YOU ABSOLUTELY NAILED IT ON FRED VANVLEET!!!!!!!!!! You said he was the biggest reason Gregg Marshall was viewed as a elite coach a few years ago at Wichita State and why he was so coveted by every major job that came open. You basically said NAHHHHHHHHHHHH MAN he ain't as good as people are making him out to be!!!!!!! A lot of that had to do with Fred Vanvleet (and Ron Baker and Cleanthony Early). And the way Gregg Marshall teams have been since VanVleet graduated is proof that he was overrated and not this amazing great head coach. They have been good but not anywhere near as good when VanVleet was there! Basically people thought he was the next Brad Stevens. NO SIR!!! HE IS NOT!!!! And you saw that. AND MAN Look at Vanvleet now!!! He was one of the KEY role players during the NBA Finals!! WOOOOOO!!!!!! STRIKE UP THE BAND!!!! ANOTHER W for MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TIGER!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!

• Haha 1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Love the idea of incorporating the WNBA as well.  They didn't exist during the first film. Crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Love the idea of incorporating the WNBA as well.  They didn't exist during the first film. Crazy. 

LOL DANG!!! Great point! Never even thought of it like that!!! Heck yah!!!  I bet Candace Parker and Sue Bird will at least make a cameo.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LOL DANG!!! Great point! Never even thought of it like that!!! Heck yah!!!  I bet Candace Parker and Sue Bird will at least make a cameo.

Oh yea Candace better dunk on something!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Oh yea Candace better dunk on something!

Preferably on Billy Murrays head!!!!! lol

Edited by GwillMac6