Wiley and Purifoy

around4ever

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Should’ve had them made for the hearing today. Probably too late now. 

Yea... would have been awesome to have the student section full of them at the last home game.  Of course, Purifoy probably wouldn't have been happy to be left out.

Dear Jesus, even though there is no chance we win this appeal, I just ask that you give us a small itty bitty chance that the big bad NCAA has mercy on us. 

Amen. 

Austin’s gear is packed and he’s prepared to go to Mizzou if he receives good news from his hearing this evening. The team leaves tonight. Sounds like they’re hoping for an answer before they leave. 

18 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Austin’s gear is packed and he’s prepared to go to Mizzou if he receives good news from his hearing this evening. The team leaves tonight. Sounds like they’re hoping for an answer before they leave. 

It got pushed back to tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Not according to what I was told. 

You’re right, my apologies. Appreciate the info!

18 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Does anyone know how often the NCAA has actually granted an appeal of this type? Or is this the longest of long shots?

I think it’s a longshot. But if you got a shot, you shoot. 

Just now, boomstick said:

I think it’s a longshot. But if you got a shot, you shoot. 

shooters shoot!

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

Wiley Watch...anybody any info?

Nothing lately. Heard Wiley was saying he felt good about the hearing and was preparing to go to Mizzou tomorrow if he got cleared. That was this afternoon. Haven’t heard anything since. 

5 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Nothing lately. Heard Wiley was saying he felt good about the hearing and was preparing to go to Mizzou tomorrow if he got cleared. That was this afternoon. Haven’t heard anything since. 

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Was told that there is another meeting scheduled for this afternoon. My guess is a decision will be made then.

Awesome, thanks! I'll be checking back in this afternoon. Fingers and toes crossed...

30 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Awesome, thanks! I'll be checking back in this afternoon. Fingers and toes crossed...

shooot I'm crossing my eyes too considering how much of a boost we would get if this falls in our favor

36 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

I'm probably less hopeful now than I was yesterday, but if they're still meeting, nothing has been set in stone yet.

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

What does all this mean for Purifoy?

IMO it means his situation is worse than Wiley's since Auburn hasn't even requested certification from the NCAA. Sounds like Auburn is still investigating his violations.

Archived