2018 4* CB Christian Tutt Commits to AU!!!

War to the Eagle

Update 11/14/17 Commits to AU

"It's about what school fits me," Tutt told SEC Country. "The situation they're in right now with guys trying to go to the league with some guys that don't fully play corner and can fit in at safety, it's a need right now. Without any corners in this class right now, they need me to come in as a mid-year and get into the system, get in the weight room, get bigger."

11/07/17: So I see this guy's coming to visit this weekend.  He's got great size, and we can never have enough good cornerbacks.  He's currently CB'd primarily to Nebraska of all places.  He's from Georgia, though, and if distance plays any factor in his decision, we should be an appealing option.

4_7852302.jpg
Christian Tutt
Thomson, GA (Thomson)
5'11 | 193

• OV to Auburn 11/11/17 (UGA game)
  • Recruiter: Travis Williams (P), Greg Brown 
  • Offers: Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, Cal, Clemson, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, LSU, Maryland, Miami (Fl), Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, NC State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Penn State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Tulane, UCLA, USC, Vanderbilt and Virginia Tech, among others.

247Sports: 4*
Rivals: 4*

Tutt is the ultimate competitor and never backs down from a challenge. He is very physical and strong. Tutt shows great anticipation and quick hips. He also aggressive and has great playmaking skills. Tutt needs to continue to refine his technique, but he is physically ready to play at the collegiate level and will make an early impact.

https://247sports.com/Player/Christian-Tutt-75390

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

He will be our next commit on Tuesday

His Twitter says he is a 5 star? Which site?

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Mathews tweeted he will be committing Tuesday. This might be the first we beat out Ohio State to a recruit. Maybe we give their RB commit another call. 

11 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Mathews tweeted he will be committing Tuesday. This might be the first we beat out Ohio State to a recruit. Maybe we give their RB commit another call. 

Sounds great my man.  I guess it’s bout that time to start paying attention to recruiting again.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

He will be our next commit on Tuesday

Between tOSU and AU?....Yeah we got em.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Sounds great my man.  I guess it’s bout that time to start paying attention to recruiting again.

Well, you haven't missed much. ?

• Sad 1

After his official visit, 4-star CB Christian Tutt to make Tuesday decision between Auburn, Ohio State

AUBURN, Ala. — Christian Tutt is ready to make his college decision.

After his official visit to Auburn, the 4-star cornerback from Thomson, Ga., confirmed what he already believed coming into the weekend — that he wanted to commit Tuesday at his U.S. Army All-American Game jersey ceremony.

It’s officially down to Ohio State and Auburn. Tutt admitted Nebraska’s coaching uncertainty and program instability steered him away from the Cornhuskers.

“This weekend was great. I’m wrapping up my recruitment. I’ll be committing Tuesday. It’s going to be at Ohio State or here,” Tutt said. “This weekend meant a lot to me. It meant a lot to me and my family.”

Tutt’s official visit to Auburn gave him a first-hand look at the Tigers against the No. 1 team in the country. He officially visited Ohio State on Sept. 17.

Based on timing, it might seem like the Tigers are a lock to land Tutt. But he already knew coming into the weekend he wanted to commit on Tuesday. He thought it was possible he’d have to push back that decision, but after this weekend, Tutt is sure he’s ready to commit on Tuesday to either the Tigers or the Buckeyes.

This weekend certainly made an impression.

“It did [change things for me],” Tutt said. “This weekend meant a lot. They showed me everything I needed to see. I seen a lot. I seen the way they played. I seen the way they finished. Everything. Down to preparation and schemes and how they run the defense. Coach [Kevin] Steele, he does a great job. That’s why I want to be a part of it.”

Auburn has a need at cornerback.

Carlton Davis is likely to leave for the NFL after this season, and so far, the Tigers don’t have any cornerbacks committed in this class. That was a big part of the conversation this weekend with Steele and secondary coach Greg Brown.

They made it known where Tutt would fit in, and he liked what he heard.

“Their schemes, I know exactly what defense they’re running and exactly where they want me to be in the defense. I know exactly what I need to do to come in and be successful, and that’s what I’m going to do.”

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Well, you haven't missed much. ?

Surely UGA game will stop the Gus is bout to be fired rumors. Think that’s the main reason why we have been sluggish.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Surely UGA game will stop the Gus is bout to be fired rumors. Think that’s the main reason why we have been sluggish.

Totally agree. Georgia has been pushing those rumors for a couple years now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

From what has been said, we are finished at RB, just taking two right?. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Timeslider 6 said:

From what has been said, we are finished at RB, just taking two right?. :dunno:

Yes. It was nothing more than wishful hoping. Both our RB commits are studs though. 

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Totally agree. Georgia has been pushing those rumors for a couple years now.

But...they were so classy in their responses when beat them... :insert eye roll:  

I certainly didn’t forget the negative recruiting they’ve been doing. 

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Have not seen his twitter yet but I am guessing that is just him talking personally about his ability and it being 5 star. But I have no clue. He is in the 225 range on the composite and the 247 rankings.

• Like 1

I'm sure worm is a fine young man and a talented H.S RB, however, he will need a lot more to compete at the level we play at on the plains. I'm not questioning his ability, just maybe what he can do (with his size) against the best defenses in the nation. But i'm sure he will do well, i know he is a favorite of the board. JMHO 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Timeslider 6 said:

I'm sure worm is a fine young man and a talented H.S RB, however, he will need a lot more to compete at the level we play at on the plains. I'm not questioning his ability, just maybe what he can do (with his size) against the best defenses in the nation. But i'm sure he will do well, i know he is a favorite of the board. JMHO 

Coaches in the area say he's the best football player in South Florida regardless of position. Currently 5'7" and 185. Does Sproles come to mind?  Not far off from Emmitt Smith either. I think you should take a closer look.

• Like 4

I wonder if he's any relation to the Tutt brothers that were at AU long ago. One of them quit football but was a very good baseball player for us. I think the other stuck with football. They were from Georgia.

10 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

mc.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

@bigbird you’re a secondary guy, is it strictly safeties or also CB’s? Wanted to get your opinion on Tutt.

I've worked primarily with safeties for the most part, but the last couple years I've been over the entire secondary with an assistant to help with corners.

I haven't had time to watch his film, but I will and get back to you.