Malzahn wants to be loved/paid

AU-24

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/arkansas-interest-real-as-auburns-gus-malzahn-wants-to-be-loved-and-paid/

REPORT: Gus Malzahn wants to be at a place he's 'loved'

Malzahn is said to be frustrated by the up-and-down reception he has received at Auburn, according to sources cited by CBSSports.com.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who doesn't want to be where they're loved? That $7.1 million/yr will come with a 24 month leash. Arky folks will go crazy if he's not 10-2 or 9-3 by year three. That's a ton of money and pressure to go to a school with ZERO relevance in the SEC since 1992.

Someone needs to let Gus know that Love is earned in college football.......its not unconditional like that of the Love parents have for a Child. 

Ws = Love in Big Time College Football

Go to Arky... lose 3 straight years to your two biggest rivals, look completely incompetent offensively in a handful of big games and fail to make in game adjustments...then see how much Arky fans love ya after paying you that kind of cash.

If Gus truly wants to "win" over the fanbase, my advice would be the following in a press release: 

I had the opportunity to go to another school in the conference for more money. However, my desire to win championships, love for our program and Auburn University has led me to stay. I am devoted to this University and football team. War Eagle!

I believe that would help smooth this over. Just my 2 cents....

12 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

https://auburn.247sports.com/Gallery/Second-take-More-photos-from-the-SEC-Championship-game-111638785

REPORT: Gus Malzahn wants to be at a place he's 'loved'

Malzahn is said to be frustrated by the up-and-down reception he has received at Auburn, according to sources cited by CBSSports.com.

Soooo....is he going?

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I dunno. The title is still misleading. 

Seriously.

Starting a new thread with this title makes it sound like there's been movement.

3 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

If Gus truly wants to "win" over the fanbase, my advice would be the following in a press release: 

I had the opportunity to go to another school in the conference for more money. However, my desire to win championships, love for our program and Auburn University has led me to stay. I am devoted to this University and football team. War Eagle!

I believe that would help smooth this over. Just my 2 cents....

That would be nice first step.

wde

Gus has had 5 years to earn the love that he so desires when most coaches only get 3 years.  I reluctantly boarded the Gus Bus again with an eye in the rear view mirror thinking the old Gus might resurface next season, but he didn't wait that long to revert.   I still hope he will stay so that we can maintain stability, but if he's that unhappy then I hope he doesn't let the door hit him in the rear.  If I'm in charge, I tell him he's he's earned his pay this season, extend his contract by 1 year with a token pay increase, and tell if he's still unhappy that I'll make arrangements for his replacement.   IMO Gus lost a lot of bargaining power with yesterday's loss.  

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

Gus has had 5 years to earn the love that he so desires when most coaches only get 3 years.  I reluctantly boarded the Gus Bus again with an eye in the rear view mirror thinking the old Gus might resurface next season, but he didn't wait that long to revert.   I still hope he will stay so that we can maintain stability, but if he's that unhappy then I hope he doesn't let the door hit him in the rear.  If I'm in charge, I tell him he's he's earned his pay this season, extend his contract by 1 year with a token pay increase, and tell if he's still unhappy that I'll make arrangements for his replacement.   IMO Gus lost a lot of bargaining power with yesterday's loss.  

I agree that this is the way it should be (but AU will have to play the game).  Thank goodness we have a coach who is not concerned about money and only wants to be loved. Send him some flowers.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

I agree that this is the way it should be (but AU will have to play the game).  Thank goodness we have a coach who is not concerned about money and only wants to be loved. Send him some flowers.

wde

You do realize some on here will not get your sarcasm? Lol

Just now, OnthePlains said:

You do realize some on here will not get your sarcasm? Lol

I know.  

wde

here’s the deal... if gus truly is “frustrated” by the “up and down” reception he’s gets at auburn, then he needs to give something more than the “up’s and down’s”...

he’s been:

11-1 (up)

8-4 (down)

6-6 (way down)

8-4 (down)

10-3 (up)

so it looks to me that the “up and down” reception he get’s falls soley at his feet! put out a winner every year, we’ll love you forever... give us the “up’s and down’s”, you’ll get an up and down reception.

it’s simple really...

2 minutes ago, leeman101 said:

Loved or worshiped like saban is at bama. He is probably thinking at Ark. they will worship him.

Except bama fans trash saban anytime he loses a game. Malzahn will not have saban's talent at arkansas and he will lose a lot of games. 

Just now, Altima said:

here’s the deal... if gus truly is “frustrated” by the “up and down” reception he’s gets at auburn, then he needs to give something more than the “up’s and down’s”...

he’s been:

11-1 (up)

8-4 (down)

6-6 (way down)

8-4 (down)

10-3 (up)

so it looks to me that the “up and down” reception he get’s falls soley at his feet! put out a winner every year, we’ll love you forever... give us the “up’s and down’s”, you’ll get an up and down reception.

it’s simple really...

This.  It ain't rocket science.

wde

Archived