What players are out of bowl game?

AidiAU

6 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

CD isn’t playing. Is going Pro. Most AU thing ever to say he’s ill when he just wants to sit.

Do you have a link to confirm this? Personal knowledge? Wild azz guess? Which is it?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Didn’t carlton get in trouble in the SECG? Might not play bc of that?

He didn't get in trouble. He got a blow to the head and was pulled because of the concussion protocol.

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

From all reports, he practiced Tuesday. So he didn’t miss all week. 

Well then, if he practiced Tuesday, clearly both he and the coaches expected him to play. Down the toilet hole with the "he's sitting on purpose" BS.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Because that is an exaggeration.

How is it really that far removed if your stance is just that a bowl game is meaningless?  After your out of the chance for the SECCG or possibly backing in to the CFP, the rest is all just playing for rankings - which still applies to bowl games.

2 minutes ago, GoAU said:

How is it really that far removed if your stance is just that a bowl game is meaningless?  After your out of the chance for the SECCG or possibly backing in to the CFP, the rest is all just playing for rankings - which still applies to bowl games.

Because the bowl game is post season and unless you are in the playoffs what is the incentive for a for sure 1st rounder to play? There is plenty incentive to finish the season as your body of work is not done, but the last game of the season, most of these guys positions and draft stock is certified. Again, this is not a gross amount of players. This is a very small percentage of elite players doing this. It is all business. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

He didn't get in trouble. He got a blow to the head and was pulled because of the concussion protocol.

10-4

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Because the bowl game is post season and unless you are in the playoffs what is the incentive for a for sure 1st rounder to play? There is plenty incentive to finish the season as your body of work is not done, but the last game of the season, most of these guys positions and draft stock is certified. Again, this is not a gross amount of players. This is a very small percentage of elite players doing this. It is all business. 

I understand what you are saying, but IMO if the TEAM is playing a game, than the season isn't over.  If the bowl games are meaningless,  let's just cancel all of them except for the playoffs 

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Because the bowl game is post season and unless you are in the playoffs what is the incentive for a for sure 1st rounder to play?

The incentive would be knowing that you are a person of integrity instead of a "me first" low life that left his team mates hung out to dry when they were counting on him to help them win a game that was very important to them.

On 11/20/2017 at 5:08 PM, slot canyon said:

I feel certain Coach Dean would have some candidates in mind but not a lot of time to get someone to relocate.  Don't know if he would be on the list or even interested, but I would love to see Jimmy Kolaitis in Auburn.  I know he was mentioned as a candidate for HC by some.  He is involved with hitting, recruiting and outfielders as assistant at Oregon.  He was on staff at Univ. South Alabama not many years ago.  Wonder how the AD "turmoil" might impact this process.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Do you have a link to confirm this? Personal knowledge? Wild azz guess? Which is it?

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/12/auburn_all-american_cornerback.html#incart_river_index

Hello NFL.  Wish him well.

11 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Has anyone thought he just might be sick?:dunno: I've spent the last few days with my dad in the hospital and I promise that there are people out there who are getting sick.  :puke::dead: :abmbu:

Doubtful. It’s your prerogative to believe such so I’ll let it be. I wish I could pump the sunshine like you as you’ve shown a great bit of consistency in believing the press releases.

9 hours ago, GoAU said:

I understand what you are saying, but IMO if the TEAM is playing a game, than the season isn't over.  If the bowl games are meaningless,  let's just cancel all of them except for the playoffs 

Honestly I would totally be fine with that. Expand the playoffs and get rid of these bowl games.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

The incentive would be knowing that you are a person of integrity instead of a "me first" low life that left his team mates hung out to dry when they were counting on him to help them win a game that was very important to them.

Mikey, This would be a great discussion. Let’s have it on a more suitable thread . I want to get your opinion about the other side of things.

2 hours ago, saminbama said:

"Quoting from the link: " "Carlton Davis will not play in our bowl," Malzahn said Sunday. "He had an illness earlier in the week that has not gotten better. (Davis) went home (Saturday), just felt like he'd be better off there with the illness he has."

So, he's sick with the flu. My daughter who works as a nurse in Auburn has also been sick since last week and as yet is not getting better. There's a lot of it going around. It's good to know that Davis is not the type that would leave his team mates hung out to dry.

If anybody is of the opinion that both Davis and Coach Malzahn are lying about this, the burden of proof is on you.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Anyway it’s on ESPN now. Look like it’s official. Lock this thread Mods! Am I doing it right ? 

Why lock the thread? There may be others that get injured in practice or get sick.

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Doubtful. It’s your prerogative to believe such so I’ll let it be. I wish I could pump the sunshine like you as you’ve shown a great bit of consistency in believing the press releases.

I think I probably live as a happier person, because I tend to believe the best in people.  If I find out otherwise, then I am disappointed, but at least I haven't spent all of my time being disappointed in advance. :Sing: Just my personality.  Right now, I have some perspective. My father is critically ill, and this story is just small potatoes in my life right now.  I'd appreciate prayers for Daddy.  He is a fine Auburn man. Graduated in 1951. Not sure he'll be with us much longer. 

20 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I think I probably live as a happier person, because I tend to believe the best in people.  If I find out otherwise, then I am disappointed, but at least I haven't spent all of my time being disappointed in advance. :Sing: Just my personality.  Right now, I have some perspective. My father is critically ill, and this story is just small potatoes in my life right now.  I'd appreciate prayers for Daddy.  He is a fine Auburn man. Graduated in 1951. Not sure he'll be with us much longer. 

Prayers sent to you and your family 3rd!

45 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Prayers for you and the family. 

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Let’s get him a win tomorrow! 

Prayers for your family. 

3 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Prayers for you and your family!

4 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Dear 3rd...you've got it!  I'm so sorry.  We are never ready to anticipate life without a parent...anyone, I know...but parents are definitely a unique kind of prep.  One thing I will NEVER regret is starting a little journal for my dad in the peak of his cancer.  I suspected 1996 would be our last Christmas, so I started December 1 and gave it to him on the 25th.  One memory...serious to silly...per day.  Really, more of a "I remember when...and thank you for...."  I wanted nothing left unsaid.  When I go home to Auburn, I pick that journal up and read it...just mesmerized by how much his investment has become who I am.  He will ALWAYS, always be a part of you...but now, you concentrate on celebrating every moment together this side of Heaven.  I am praying for you.  Joshua 1:9, my verse for the year, claiming it for you right now.  And, as always, Isaiah 26:3!  

Thanks, friends. My dad is fighting septicemia (blood poisoning) and is in ICU. He's alert and talking and will be watching the game tomorrow, I am sure. But it is highly concerning for a man of 86. Appreciate the words of comfort. Okay, done hijacking this thread. Sounds like everyone is playing, except Carlton Davis. I wish him well. And let's give Daddy a big win!!!

Archived