Dan Wolken comments on AU AD search.

GwillMac6

42 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Why even comment then, Wolk? ? What a goob he is

someone is a little upset that he can NEVER get good intel at AU. He is always thrashing AU any chance he gets. He HATES Bruce Pearl.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Told the hire is just days away. No clue who it is yet. 

Tommy Tuberville or bust 

Michael-Scott-Failing-to-Hold-In-Laughte

48 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

I hope they go after someone outside the program this time. Go after the best in the nation. Not the best in the AU program/history.

Who might that be ?

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Who might that be ?

Million dollar question, but i doubt they're operating current AU tickets sales or an ex-head coach with no AD experience.

Here's what is so weird.  Jacobs may go down as having three of the best big three hires in AU history (Bball, baseball, football).  Hoops team is rolling.  Baseball made a serious run last year and has the #4 recruiting class plus one of the top rotations in the country coming back.  And if, IF,  Gus can sustain 10+ win seasons, then history may look at Jacobs way differently than we do now.

With that said, I still want him gone yesterday.

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Here's what is so weird.  Jacobs may go down as having three of the best big three hires in AU history (Bball, baseball, football).  Hoops team is rolling.  Baseball made a serious run last year and has the #4 recruiting class plus one of the top rotations in the country coming back.  And if, IF,  Gus can sustain 10+ win seasons, then history may look at Jacobs way differently than we do now.

With that said, I still want him gone yesterday.

It's been up/down. David Marsh leaving AU. Baseball scandal (Golloway), Softball had a huge scandal (Corey Myers). Basketball has a current FBI scandal. And football was nearly on the brink of having to fire Malzahn.

Add in the fact that he's been unable to drum up enough support for an overhaul of Jordan-Hare, despite every other stadium in the SEC getting major upgrades, and I am definitely glad he's being shown the door.

1 hour ago, AUTigerTime said:

It's been up/down. David Marsh leaving AU. Baseball scandal (Golloway), Softball had a huge scandal (Corey Myers). Basketball has a current FBI scandal. And football was nearly on the brink of having to fire Malzahn.

Add in the fact that he's been unable to drum up enough support for an overhaul of Jordan-Hare, despite every other stadium in the SEC getting major upgrades, and I am definitely glad he's being shown the door.

Still waiting on the name of anyone who might be available, who has a better track record, has an athletic programs that makes money and has better overall facilities.  

JMO but we shoot ourselves in the knee constantly complaining about the "scandals" that he had nothing to do with....well maybe except Sunny where he seemed give into to some PTB and fired him on what appeared to be trumped up charges.  Nobody gives a crap about those scandals any more, yet AU people seem to want to keep them alive just to rag on JJ.  Not arguing that he should stay....30 years is more than long enough but the decision has been made and no need to keep beating on him. 

Hopefully if he can, he'll make some changes on the BOT's. Take off one former Auburn football and replace him with Tommy Tuberville.

51 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Hopefully if he can, he'll make some changes on the BOT's. Take off one former Auburn football and replace him with Tommy Tuberville.

Which former football player and why?

11 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

Which former football player and why?

He's not going to be satisfied until Tommy Tuberville is the President. Not of Auburn but the United States. :-\

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

He's not going to be satisfied until Tommy Tuberville is the President. Not of Auburn but the United States. :-\

Tommy will appoint Hugh Nall as Director of Homeland Security and have him build a wall of offensive lineman along the Mexican border.

17 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Tommy will appoint Hugh Nall as Director of Homeland Security and have him build a wall of offensive lineman along the Mexican border.

I bet they block incoming traffic better than a Herb Hand Wall.

Archived