SEC Tournament

AUDub

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

A&M gave that to them.  4 turnovers in a row at one point and then letting the guy that torched you all day drive uncontested?!

And Bama let them back into it.It was only the right thing to do:laugh:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

A&M gave that to them.  4 turnovers in a row at one point and then letting the guy that torched you all day drive uncontested?!

Could say that about bama too......with the lead and let Starks take it down and get a lightly contested shot when he had been hitting everything the second half.   It was goona be the last team with time to get a shot off the way Starks and Sexton were playing.  Sexton probably off to the NBA...hoping Starks considers that too. :)

36 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Could say that about bama too......with the lead and let Starks take it down and get a lightly contested shot when he had been hitting everything the second half.   It was goona be the last team with time to get a shot off the way Starks and Sexton were playing.  Sexton probably off to the NBA...hoping Starks considers that too. :)

Yeah you're right, also had a fairly large lead at one point.

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm pulling hard for Mark Fox to save his job this week

Don't know if that is sarcasm but he seems like a good guy and not a bad coach...might have recruiting issues though. 

But it would be nice to get Mizz out of the tournament before the new Porter figures out where the basket is.  

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Don't know if that is sarcasm but he seems like a good guy and not a bad coach...might have recruiting issues though. 

But it would be nice to get Mizz out of the tournament before the new Porter figures out where the basket is.  

def not sarcasm from the talks me and tiger have had. Mark Fox at georgia scares no one. Hope he keeps his job so they do not go out and hire a better coach.

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

As @GwillMac6 mentioned, it is not sarcasm. I'm pulling for Fox in every game that he's not facing Auburn in the same way that I was pulling hard for Mike Shula his last season at Bama.

I was about to post that I hope we get these refs tomorrow, then that terrible intentional foul call. That's a GOOD foul and not intentional beyond the fact he was going for the ball. If you watch in slow-mo, yeah, it looks like he grabs his arm and pulls him, but I want my guy to foul like that every time in that situation. No way for a 3 point play and clear attempt at the basketball.

56 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm pulling hard for Mark Fox to save his job this week

Yep..maybe it will keep Mizzou from having home court advantage for rest of tournament.

Well Mizzou is gone......Maten is quite a player....

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

He made to the 3 point line before anyone tried to get in front of him. Just stupid...

Maybe I’d be a bad collegiate basketball coach, but there’s no way I let him get the ball without beating a double team. I take the defender off the ball, man up on everyone, and put my best two defenders to bracket Sexton. Then I tell everyone to help on the drive and force them to kick out and hit a jump shot, which they aren’t great at doing. Plus, Key could run the baseline so an on-ball defender can easily moved around and avoided. 

HAHA!  SEC puts the tourney in STL to make Mizzou happy and Mizzou proceeds to crap the bed.  This is why you keep it in a more centrally located place!

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

SEC puts the tourney in STL to make Mizzou happy

How so? Why did they put it there? 

YESSSSSSSSSSSS @Tiger we are getting close to mark fox keeping his job I believe!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! As long as he is there bruce pearl will dominate him now that he has the players he wants for the style of play he likes to play!!!!

I wanted bammer to lose and not get selected for the NCAA tournament. I know there are reasons that AU is better off playing UAT than A&M, but whatever.                         

26 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

How so? Why did they put it there? 

Mizzou was pretty vocal about wanting a bball tourney there at some point since the Big 12 often played in Kansas City.  Since this is an off year for Nashville, rumor was SEC gave the tourney to STL as a nod to Mizzou.

Current rotation has it in Nashville for three years then one year somewhere else because Nashville hosts an NCAA weekend in those off years.

Gotta think, from a strategic standpoint, playing Bama is an advantage for us versus playing aTm. We seemed to figure out a solid, consistent way to defend Bama in our last game, and we don’t have many answers for the size and rebounding ability of aTm. I think we can go to our zone and force Bama to settle for jumpers and use it to help us get out in transition with our deflections and disruption. Hopefully, we get off to a good Starr shooting the ball and put the pressure on Bama to score with us. 

35 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Gotta think, from a strategic standpoint, playing Bama is an advantage for us versus playing aTm. We seemed to figure out a solid, consistent way to defend Bama in our last game, and we don’t have many answers for the size and rebounding ability of aTm. I think we can go to our zone and force Bama to settle for jumpers and use it to help us get out in transition with our deflections and disruption. Hopefully, we get off to a good Starr shooting the ball and put the pressure on Bama to score with us. 

we control petty and we win. Sexton will always get his but as long as we contain petty they do not have enough consistent scoring.

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

we control petty and we win. Sexton will always get his but as long as we contain petty they do not have enough consistent scoring.

Agreed. Don't let their supporting role players beat us and I like our chances. I know Petty has been super underwhelming outside of Tuscaloosa so hopefully we force bad Petty to show up tomorrow.

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Can't let Dante Hall get going down low either...that will lead to having Petty and co. open on the perimeter as we have to sink down to help defend inside. This game will be one of our most difficult and most telling of our season.  We haven't played a complete game since the game vs LSU at Auburn Arena.  Gotta get into rythmn early. Bama is playing for it's NCAA tournament life and would love to use us to get there.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Need to control their entire supporting cast. Make Sexton finish contested shots without fouling or force him to kick out, clean up the backside rebounds, and don’t let them get outbin transition. They’re the 11th worst 3-point shooting team in the country away from home, and they attempt 2 more per game away from home than inside Coleman. I think we should really focus on protecting the paint and forcing them to beat us jump shooting all day. Easier said than done to be sure, but I think that should be the focus. 

40 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Can't let Dante Hall get going down low either...that will lead to having Petty and co. open on the perimeter as we have to sink down to help defend inside. This game will be one of our most difficult and most telling of our season.  We haven't played a complete game since the game vs LSU at Auburn Arena.  Gotta get into rythmn early. Bama is playing for it's NCAA tournament life and would love to use us to get there.

Harper seems to have the quicks and tenacity to stick with Sexton.....and make it harder for him to get free.  Sexton will get his points but would be nice to cut down on his shooting percentage.  Agree, can't let Petty be the one to win the game for them.. 

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

What the heck Andy Kennedy? He's doing an incredible job analyzing.

reminds me of seth greenberg. Both unbelievably un likeable jerks when they were head coaches and WHINED ALL the dang time. but as analysts?! LOVE THEM! Very insightful and entertaining. 

Archived