Null



Sign in to follow this  
SCTiger2011

Baseball at Arkansas Game 3

Recommended Posts

I have to admit my confidence is shaken in a successful DP after all the errors lately. 

Come on Auburn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




GO GET THE HAIRCUT GUYS!!!

HIGH AND TIGHT!

GOTTA TURN THIS THING AROUND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the umpires playing such a big role today, Auburn still went hitless over the last 6 innings. And I still don't know why Mitchell was good enough to come in and get the third lefty out in the inning of a 4-4 bases loaded game, but not good enough to come in and get the first lefty out in a 4-2 game and runners at first and second.  Thought CBT botched that.  All things being equal, these games should go starters 1-6, seventh to Coker/Mitchell based on matchups in the seventh, and Greenhill 8-9th.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last years team almost won a regional, and they have a lot of those guys back. Problem is, we’re not utilizing some of them. Thompson, I believe, needs to make some changes. 

Venter obviously is not an SEC hitter yet. He’s great against inferior pitchers but has been a liability against SEC arms. Dylan Ingram was a very good player for us last year, and although I dogged him a little last week, he’s got the experience factor over Venter hitting in the SEC before. I think Ingram deserves some starts at first over Venter.

I liked Butch holding out Holland today. He’s been struggling offensively and defensively and may need a wake up call that you ain’t all that after all sweetheart. Hopefully that motivates him. 

Conor Davis not getting a daily start also puzzles me. This guy has not proven to have been a home run hitter but he’s still hit for an okay average this year and has been a pretty good defender. I think he should be a lineup staple. 

Stephen Williams looks like the only one able to consistently hit SEC pitchers, and that’s extraordinary. We were a very good SEC team with a real similar lineup last year and these guys have really dropped off. Jarvis with back issues, Holland playing awful, even Jay Estes who was a great on base guy last year has lost all sense of how to make contact with a ball save for one today. These guys are swinging and missing so often and it really makes you wonder if they can’t hit SEC pitchers at all. 

I’m really hoping this season can be turned around, but these guys have just flat out got to start executing better. 

Untimely errors leading to runs, base running mistakes, and just some flat out bad luck over the course of the season. Here’s to hoping the worst is behind us. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCTiger2011 said:

And I still don't know why Mitchell was good enough to come in and get the third lefty out in the inning of a 4-4 bases loaded game, but not good enough to come in and get the first lefty out in a 4-2 game and runners at first and second.  

I thought the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Last years team almost won a regional, and they have a lot of those guys back. Problem is, we’re not utilizing some of them. Thompson, I believe, needs to make some changes. 

Venter obviously is not an SEC hitter yet. He’s great against inferior pitchers but has been a liability against SEC arms. Dylan Ingram was a very good player for us last year, and although I dogged him a little last week, he’s got the experience factor over Venter hitting in the SEC before. I think Ingram deserves some starts at first over Venter.

I liked Butch holding out Holland today. He’s been struggling offensively and defensively and may need a wake up call that you ain’t all that after all sweetheart. Hopefully that motivates him. 

Conor Davis not getting a daily start also puzzles me. This guy has not proven to have been a home run hitter but he’s still hit for an okay average this year and has been a pretty good defender. I think he should be a lineup staple. 

Stephen Williams looks like the only one able to consistently hit SEC pitchers, and that’s extraordinary. We were a very good SEC team with a real similar lineup last year and these guys have really dropped off. Jarvis with back issues, Holland playing awful, even Jay Estes who was a great on base guy last year has lost all sense of how to make contact with a ball save for one today. These guys are swinging and missing so often and it really makes you wonder if they can’t hit SEC pitchers at all. 

I’m really hoping this season can be turned around, but these guys have just flat out got to start executing better. 

Untimely errors leading to runs, base running mistakes, and just some flat out bad luck over the course of the season. Here’s to hoping the worst is behind us. 

Wait....are you saying Jarvis has back issues again or were you talking about last season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Wait....are you saying Jarvis has back issues again or were you talking about last season?

I think the back issues from last year have taken a toll on his ability to hit. He was a decent power hitter last year but has really fallen off this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My brief critique:

Nowhere in this thread or on the TV have I heard or seen reference to the person who actually blew the Estes homer situation. Our 1st base coach has a job to do. He didn't do it.

If your 1st baseman can't pick low throws and throws in the dirt, someone else needs to be playing 1st base.

I said I'd be brief. That is all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My brief critique:

Nowhere in this thread or on the TV have I heard or seen reference to the person who actually blew the Estes homer situation. Our 1st base coach has a job to do. He didn't do it.

If your 1st baseman can't pick low throws and throws in the dirt, someone else needs to be playing 1st base.

I said I'd be brief. That is all.

Right. We shouldn't criticize the outfielder who made a savvy baseball play, or the umpires. The first baseball coach and the batter are responsible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Members Online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.