2018 UMASS GT OT Jack Driscoll commits to AU!!! (4/25/18)

ellitor

23 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

That doesn't add up - if his grad goal (as published) is truly an MBA, US News & World Report ranks Auburn's MBA program @ #73 nationally. UMass (a fairly unimpressive academic university) has a part time, on-line MBA ranked #204 nationally and it's full time grad biz school is not even ranked by US News.

I agree, doesn’t make sense. Bottom line is, we got him!!

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn look at you pulling out old Barney trying to add inches and weight

One of my favorite episodes. That was so funny!

• Like 1

I mean, glad to have him, but the fact that he was a 2*, as Morris and Pappoe potentially look elsewhere, plus the fact that we're ranked 32 on 247 makes me really, really concerned.

Edited by AUwent

31 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I mean, glad to have him, but the fact that he was a 2*, as Morris and Pappoe potentially look elsewhere, plus the fact that we're ranked 32 on 247 makes me really, really concerned.

Little early for doom and gloom!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, toddc said:

Not for Auburn fans.  It's a 24/7 thing, especially after round 1 of the draft seeing 4 turds go in the 1st round.

1 hour ago, tinman said:

Not for Auburn fans.  It's a 24/7 thing, especially after round 1 of the draft seeing 4 turds go in the 1st round.

Can you imagine the doom and gloom on here if you reverse that?  Us with 4 first rounders but losing to them during the regular season. The lynch mob for Gus would be out with pitch forks.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Can you imagine the doom and gloom on here if you reverse that?  Us with 4 first rounders but losing to them during the regular season. The lynch mob for Gus would be out with pitch forks.

Exactly! To all the Gus haters; they have four guys go in the first round, (thanks to the REC)  and we still beat them soundly!

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Exactly! To all the Gus haters; they have four guys go in the first round, (thanks to the REC)  and we still beat them soundly!

The REC made them first rounders? 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

The REC allowed them to recruit first rounders. Hats off to saban for not turning chicken salad into chicken ish. 

Edit: Sorry... the REC comment is just how I was interpreting his comment. I try not to get into the LBS when it comes to recruiting. We just need to keep working hard.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

I believe we have a really good chance to have 2-4 first rounders next year.  Can't wait to see...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

With help from Emmert.

8 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

On 4/25/2018 at 5:32 PM, mcgufcm said:

Very excited to have more experience and more depth at Tackle. Hopefully he pushes Tega, Ashley, and Troxell. May the best two win. 

FWIW my guess he can play anywhere needed on the OL except maybe LT well.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:05 PM, AUwent said:

Ummm. That was his high school ranking. He has far exceeded that by now. Also he counts to the last class, not the current class that was ranked 32nd when you posted.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2018 at 10:37 PM, toddc said:

It's how Went lives.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Jack, welcome to the Auburn Family. WAR EAGLE!

THANK YOU!

• Haha 1

@ellitor, I think you're right about his ability to Swiss Army knife. Still, I expect him to primarily rep at Tackle. It's not clear to me whether he can/will play at LT, but it does give us the option of having Ashley or Troxell take more reps on the left side. Regardless, we had depth issues at Tackle, and he makes the depth less of a concern. Now, it's just about identifying two front-line players.

In my view, there are always two issues:  (1) finding starters that can make an impact and (2) identifying depth to develop behind those starters. At minimum, Driscoll takes pressure off issue (2). With Tega, Ashley, Troxell, Driscoll, Horton, Harrell, Hamm, and Kim, we have as much depth as we have had in a while. TBD if we have impact starters.

• Like 3

Very glad we picked up a lineman! I really like his little bits of film. Could use his arms a little better as he lets guys into his chest a little too much but I think the coaching here at Auburn will elevate him even further! Could be a great stopgap solution for this season and next! 

War Eagle! Good get staff!

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Been a pretty solid week

Last week getting Driscoll and Kobe Hudson wasn't bad either.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Last week getting Driscoll and Kobe Hudson wasn't bad either.

Maybe should have said 7 day instead of a week. I was thinking about all of them. That's why I posted in Driscoll's thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Maybe should have said 7 day instead of a week. I was thinking about all of them. That's why I posted in Driscoll's thread. 

No worries. I was just being a light hearted smart ass.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

No worries. I was just being a light hearted smart ass.

But for real. I have not been paying attention to recruiting all year. I just "checked in" today, and there are like 5 commits from high profile recruits and/or transfers. All you recruiting heads must be really optimistic right now.

Just now, Barnacle said:

But for real. I have not been paying attention to recruiting all year. I just "checked in" today, and there are like 5 commits from high profile recruits and/or transfers. All you recruiting heads must be really optimistic right now.

giphy.gif

• Like 1