Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

**** me running, Arkansas CAN put out a decent beer. A customer dropped these off for me and they’re straight 🔥. @ old heads take notice: there’s no adjuncts in these badass barrel aged stouts. 😉

MNCrzR3.jpg
wEKGIJq.jpg

Am I an old head? I'm definitely an old head.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 8:18 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Happy New Year y’all! 

Drinks?

Sorry. Just seeing this. NYE was honestly a bust for me. Nothing heavy, just an accumulation of annoyances that weren't entirely or even mostly due to my immediate family. Which is a shame, because I did manage to drink some good beers with the bro in law. Goose Island Juliet was probably the highlight...

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sorry. Just seeing this. NYE was honestly a bust for me. Nothing heavy, just an accumulation of annoyances that weren't entirely or even mostly due to my immediate family. Which is a shame, because I did manage to drink some good beers with the bro in law. Goose Island Juliet was probably the highlight...

Ours was equally as tame. Not complaining about the take-it-easy-evening. At all.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 7:18 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Happy New Year y’all! 

Drinks?

Also just seeing. Ours was lame, consistent with our social life in general. Cooked shrimp and grits recipe out of Chris Hastings Hot&Hot cookbook, drank some delicious champagne, and watched a movie. Also had a pour of George T Stagg to ring in the New Year (that is one potent but delicious whiskey)

• Love 2

14 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Monster Beverage is buying Oskar Blues (and others under that umbrella). 

https://www.reuters.com/business/monster-beverage-enter-alcohol-market-with-330-mln-canarchy-buy-2022-01-13/

It seems like craft is either going hyperlocal or nationwide. I know that might not be accurate and that Canarchy was already nationwide, but still, it feels that way. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It seems like craft is either going hyperlocal or nationwide. I know that might not be accurate and that Canarchy was already nationwide, but still, it feels that way. 

I totally agree.

It’s amazing how many beers I used to seek out from national craft breweries that I now don’t even notice on the shelf. I guess I’m helping to fuel that hyperlocal engine. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I totally agree.

It’s amazing how many beers I used to seek out from national craft breweries that I now don’t even notice on the shelf. I guess I’m helping to fuel that hyperlocal engine. 

As well you should. Love it. 

• Love 1

21 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I totally agree.

Yeah, my vision has tunneled toward local/smaller brewery the better. There may be some consistency issues at times, but at least they still have only a couple of brewers who care about the art of making beer. 

• Love 1

22 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Oskar Blues technically sold out a while ago. But then re-selling out to a brand like Monster Energy just feels gross. As far as I know Dale has been pretty hands off for a while, I wonder if this is what he envisioned when he was making beer in his trailer off Wire Rd years ago. 

Depending how Monster handles this acquisition (the article states this is their first foray into alcohol), this could be a death knell for these breweries…like Constellation buying Ballast Point. Or Green Flash selling out, which also basically killed off Alpine. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 8:21 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

More Outer Range 🔥 

0VAwVz5.jpg

Love the can art.

There's a West Coast IPA out there right now called HBCU, don't recall the brewers who collaborated on it, that's really good IMO. Indeed a West Coast but it's got Motueka hops giving it this slight tropical/stone fruit tang on the finish. Sort of a best of both worlds deal for me.

And the local brewery has a 10.3% dark lager on right now that is freaking phenomenal. Sadly they don't can it, but I might have to grab a crowler next weekend. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I always knew this was the calmest, most level headed room on the whole damn board.

I'm damned sure going to be getting a lot calmer and more level headed as soon as I can get my hand on that garage fridge door in about 90 minutes. 

Thinking I'll hop on a BCBS tonight. 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm damned sure going to be getting a lot calmer and more level headed as soon as I can get my hand on that garage fridge door in about 90 minutes. 

Thinking I'll hop on a BCBS tonight. 

Dude. Me too. I got a KBS waiting  for me in the fridge. 

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Dude. Me too. I got a KBS waiting  for me in the fridge. 

So I gotta be honest, it's just kinda okay for us this year, but HMFFriday and cheers nonetheless!

PXL_20220121_233216279.MP.jpg

• Love 1