NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

8 hours ago, around4ever said:

I'm not sure why the UNC coach is using so many pitchers at this point.  The game is out of reach and he will need pitchers tomorrow and going forward if they can win. 

I don't think any of them are throwing enough for tomorrow to be a problem for them.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't think any of them are throwing enough for tomorrow to be a problem for them.

Probably true.  Nobody threw many pitches. 

Weather delay......looks like it may take a while to get this played.

Arkansas brought their big bats today....couple dingers and they are up 4-0 in the top of the 4th over Texas Tech....and trying to play the game around some not so good weather....late start by a couple hours.... 

Meanwhile, how did TT get the Holt kid from Georgia.?  ...freshman hitting over .350 and a ton of stolen bases.  ..guess it can happen. 

6 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Arkansas is strong.  They may be hard to beat. 

Solid all the way around.....TT giving them a battle but the piggies seem to have a little too much of everything....but a good quality game today.

OSU up 2-0 over the heels at the bottom of the 2nd. NC needs to get some runs soon or they might be heading home in the morning.  I really want the heels to win being from NC. I am still upset with us not beating the reptiles, but have to pull for our SEC teams. OSU just missed tagging out the runner on 1st base. I hate to see a runner get tagged out.

Finally they made a brief reference to it...magazine cover and two short quotes where he declared his innocence.  But...only a couple people know the truth I guess.

UNC gradually caught up with OSU and has passed them at 4-3 and Heimlich is gone after a little over 3 innings.    Not been a great series for him despite his record prior to CWS.    

UNC has left a handful on base tonight.....a couple timely hits and they could have taken a big lead....but still anyone's game in the 6th.

Well...OSU worked over the UNC relievers the last couple innings and took the game by 11-6 final.....amazing how the wheels came off so suddenly when the game looked to be in hand by the 'heels....but OSU has some serious bats and speed and keeps the pressure on at all times. 

9 hours ago, around4ever said:

Popped up a bunt to the catcher. Why do you bunt in that situation?  

The only reason I can think of is you think you have enough runs and want to kill your own rally.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The only reason I can think of is you think you have enough runs and want to kill your own rally.

He was bunting for a base hit and trying not to ground into a DP.  ....infield was back...if he could gotten it down he could have walked to first.

Were there not two outs already?  I was also wondering why you would let a pitcher off the hook who couldn’t throw the ball in the right zip code. 

8 minutes ago, waaegl said:

Were there not two outs already?  I was also wondering why you would let a pitcher off the hook who couldn’t throw the ball in the right zip code. 

Could  have been but with bases loaded and infield back.....for the guy at bat it still might have been his best chance for a base hit and to score another run.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Could  have been but with bases loaded and infield back.....for the guy at bat it still might have been his best chance for a base hit and to score another run.

There were two outs. It would have taken a perfect bunt to score one run, otherwise there's an inning-ending force out at any base. Besides the pitcher having control problems, the hitter had a .267 batting average. That's way above the percentage of perfect bunts and a hit through the infield gets two runs.  Coach having something good waiting back at the hotel room and wanting to put an end to things makes as much sense as anything else. :)

Well , weather permitting, in about an hour we will find out who the other team is in the final Four of CWS.....Arky and Miss State already there along with Oregon State so it will be Tex Tech or UF.....

Pitching staffs starting to get thin I think....and both teams with some power...should be fun to watch...

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well , weather permitting, in about an hour we will find out who the other team is in the final Four of CWS.....Arky and Miss State already there along with Oregon State so it will be Tex Tech or UF.....

Pitching staffs starting to get thin I think....and both teams with some power...should be fun to watch...

I will be able to watch this one.....looking forward to it!

GO RED RAIDERS!!!!!

Archived