NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

13 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Ticked they lost their next head coach yesterday …

:)  I know that's a joke...but they been playing pretty well for their current HC and no indication that the players would be happy to see CBT as their new coach.   Seems that everyone should be happy with their current coaching situation. 

Meanwhile...OSU has a couple guys on base in bottom of the and no outs.....trying to expand their lead....

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And then a triple to the right center field wall clears the bases...score is now 9-2 and still no outs in the 7th.   As noted by commentators....the bottom of the batting order is having a field day against MSU pitching.... 

Everyone should be figuring out how to save their pitching for tomorrow....this one looks done....

OSU pouring it on now....coach's son flares one to short center and brings in another run....dawgs down 11-2 and guess the current  pitcher is gonna take one for the team….no point in using up any more pitchers.......well, maybe a couple guys who have a half dozen inning this year or something like that.

Remember that Oklahoma scored 20 runs on MSU in the regionals and the dawgs came back to beat them twice.....CWS is not over for MSU yet...JMO

28 minutes ago, AU64 said:

:)  I know that's a joke...but they been playing pretty well for their current HC and no indication that the players would be happy to see CBT as their new coach.   Seems that everyone should be happy with their current coaching situation. 

Meanwhile...OSU has a couple guys on base in bottom of the and no outs.....trying to expand their lead....

msu fans/AD are not that thrilled with GH as their long term answer. They were seeing if there was a way to get Butch if possible.

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

msu fans/AD are not that thrilled with GH as their long term answer. They were seeing if there was a way to get Butch if possible.

I can see that of the fans....but most of the MSU players barely even know  Butch and should be happy with what their coach has done.   Pulling the rug out from under Henderson....and the players ….at least before the CWS is over would probably cause some issues.....:dunno:  JMO but hiring anyone but GH right now is gonna be a hard sell for an incoming coach. .

Final....OSU won 12-2 and pounded the MSU pitchers for 15 hits....and most were not the cheap variety.  

UF and Arkie up next......and I'm thinking Arky in this one...

Anyone want to share any contrary opinions.....:-\

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I can see that of the fans....but most of the MSU players barely even know  Butch and should be happy with what their coach has done.   Pulling the rug out from under Henderson....and the players ….at least before the CWS is over would probably cause some issues.....:dunno:  JMO but hiring anyone but GH right now is gonna be a hard sell for an incoming coach. .

All I can tell you is what I've heard and Gary is just not a very good recruiter. Cohen is concerned about that if Gary says his got someone lined up that can recruit then it may could work out. Even Cohen the AD has said very little while at the series. State is looking long term and I know it will be a tough choice if they don't go with Gary. I actually hope they hire him.

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

All I can tell you is what I've heard and Gary is just not a very good recruiter. Cohen is concerned about that if Gary says his got someone lined up that can recruit then it may could work out. Even Cohen the AD has said very little while at the series. State is looking long term and I know it will be a tough choice if they don't go with Gary. I actually hope they hire him.

Someone posted on here that Henderson was responsible for recruiting at UK which had pretty good roster in the past few years.  Also interesting is that GH came to MSU because of Cohen who he coached under at Kentucky.  Considering they had worked together previously, this has to be a gut wrenching decision for Cohen.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Someone posted on here that Henderson was responsible for recruiting at UK which had pretty good roster in the past few years.  Also interesting is that GH came to MSU because of Cohen who he coached under at Kentucky.  Considering they had worked together previously, this has to be a gut wrenching decision for Cohen.

No Brad Bohannon was his recruiting coor. and a very good recruiter. He's now HC at turd land after leaving Auburn for the job. Gary somewhat low key and does not translate well for recruiting.

Like I said I hope he gets the job let see what works out. Hope an SEC team wins it all.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No Brad Bohannon was his recruiting coor. and a very good recruiter. He's now HC at turd land after leaving Auburn for the job. Gary somewhat low key and does not translate well for recruiting.

Like I said I hope he gets the job let see what works out. Hope an SEC team wins it all.

OK...one of the "know it alls" on here brought to my attention in the past few weeks that Henderson was responsible for bringing in the drafted players from UK....I have no idea...

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OK...one of the "know it alls" on here brought to my attention in the past few weeks that Henderson was responsible for bringing in the drafted players from UK....I have no idea...

Well listen to only me I am the Wizard of All Things:poke:

43 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well listen to only me I am the Wizard of All Things:poke:

Don't know why I ever doubted you....,

Meanwhile....UF already having some problems with Arky.....and UF defense?  what's going on with their infield?    12 errors in the playoffs plus a bunch of "mental errors or miss-plays that have hurt their pitchers. 

Campbell is doing well so far in his redemption game. I can't believe I'm pulling for the hawgs but I like Campbell's toughness tonight so that makes it easier.

go hawgs    :moon:

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Campbell is doing well so far in his redemption game. I can't believe I'm pulling for the hawgs but I like Campbell's toughness tonight so that makes it easier.

go hawgs    :moon:

:) It's pretty easy not to pull for the gators......so.....that only leaves us with one option.....go piggies….

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Don't know why I ever doubted you....,

Meanwhile....UF already having some problems with Arky.....and UF defense?  what's going on with their infield?    12 errors in the playoffs plus a bunch of "mental errors or miss-plays that have hurt their pitchers. 

Why, oh lord, couldn't they have done that playing us

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

:) It's pretty easy not to pull for the gators......so.....that only leaves us with one option.....go piggies….

Especially since fat Bret is gone and forgotten

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Especially since fat Bret is gone and forgotten

I always kinda liked ole BB....did not see him as much of a threat to AU and if could put aside you feelings about him, he was pretty good in an interview. 

And meanwhile, Campbell has the gator's number tonight...bunch of Ks already.....wondering how long he can keep it up.  Thing about most SEC pitchers is they can be cruising along, looking great and in a blink, they can't find the plate or throw a couple balls right in the batter's wheelhouse.  But fun while it lasts 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I always kinda liked ole BB....did not see him as much of a threat to AU and if could put aside you feelings about him, he was pretty good in an interview. 

BB was very good in interviews just down right ugly

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

BB was very good in interviews just down right ugly

Yep...makes one wonder where he found his pretty wife?   Gotta have some respect for a guy who can convince a woman like that to marry him. 

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well arky is a low rent SEC team. I just can't get too much into it......but it's fun watching Campbell tonight. He's been fantastic so far.

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep...makes one wonder where he found his pretty wife?   Gotta have some respect for a guy who can convince a woman like that to marry him. 

IIRC....he found her in Vegas......and she married him because he is rich. No secret there.

Well, piggies are opening up on UF and Singer.....expect he will be gone pretty soon now....

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/bret-bielema-reveals-full-story-met-wife/

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/richest-coaches/bret-bielema-net-worth/

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Thanks..but back in the day when he met and married he was pretty much a nobody...….a college professor...:)

Archived