Stidham interview at Manning Camp

toddc

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/06/stidham_manning_camp_qa.html#incart_river_mobile_index

This is a good interview about summer workouts and some of the new guys on offense, mentioned Worm in here and his speed! Couldn’t get text on here so maybe someone can add that.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Pocket presence and more freedom at the LOS? Harold Joiner? YAAAAASSSSS

Harold Joiner could be an X factor if utilized correctly in this offense.

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

Harold Joiner could be an X factor if utilized correctly in this offense.

Agreed, and I believe the Joiner/Worm combination opens up all kind of possibilities. 

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agreed, and I believe the Joiner/Worm combination opens up all kind of possibilities. 

I keep forgetting about worm. There hasn’t been a whole lot of pub about him. I honestly think we have so much untapped talent in this squad. If we can trust them things can happen. Mistakes will be had in the process.

I like what he said about the mindset of the team. As long as everyone is on the same page about doing whatever necessary and to the best of their ability to help the team we should be pretty good. I already knew that Stid has been working on areas that he's lacking in but it's nice to see him say it. These freshmen are so pivotal to this season. Seen great comments about guys like Tutt, Sherwood, and Smoke being fast learners. We will need everyone on their A-game and I hope we see it come to fruition game one.

Young phenoms under good upper-classmen leadership.  Excited to see it coming together.

Good stuff.  War Eagle.

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

I must have missed the nicknames. Which player is Worm?

Sean Shivers

4 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I do look forward to Shivers in action early.  Get him the &^%$% ball!  Nod to Keyshawn. 

He's gotten a lot of rookie pub and by all accounts has a fantastic attitude so a lot of us are excited to see him.  I mentioned before, his pics look like Barry Sanders.

I think last year, the team somewhat realized if we just play with consistency we have the potential to be in the playoffs. They seen how close we were to the ship with a very inconstant year. If we just stay consistent. I really liked hearing Stidham talk about this season. I think the team “believes” this year. Game 1 will say a lot. 

4 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I think last year, the team somewhat realized if we just play with consistency we have the potential to be in the playoffs. They seen how close we were to the ship with a very inconstant year. If we just stay consistent. I really liked hearing Stidham talk about this season. I think the team “believes” this year. Game 1 will say a lot. 

(good) Consistency in coaching is always the end all be all. I believe the players can be consistent but not always up to them of course.

11 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Game 1 will say a lot. 

I think so too.  It usually takes CGM 3-4 games to get his head out of his rear end.  If we’re clicking on game 1, this could be a very good year. ?

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

(good) Consistency in coaching is always the end all be all. I believe the players can be consistent but not always up to them of course.

Part of consistency can be related to motivation and while outside influences can help with motivation , motivation has to start with one’s self. The bowl game seemed to be a game where players and coaches did not seem to be properly motivated which resulted in a very inconsistent performance.

12 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I think so too.  It usually takes CGM 3-4 games to get his head out of his rear end.  If we’re clicking on game 1, this could be a very good year. ?

And his QB is returning, which will help. 

14 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

True but its worth  noting that we usually dont have a returning QB.   There "should" be a lot less  feeling it out on offense

Sorry just saw the post above me.     

11 hours ago, auskip07 said:

True but its worth  noting that we usually dont have a returning QB.   There "should" be a lot less  feeling it out on offense

Sorry just saw the post above me.     

True at the QB position, I'm hoping the oline steps up big and strong in pre-season camp and earn's CGM's trust.

On 6/24/2018 at 1:04 AM, WFE12 said:

Coaching towards an outcome of consistency is the key. This is something Belichick and Saban has been able to figure out.

Talent matters. Physical conditioning is a big part. But the mental/psychological aspect is probably bigger.

Go back and look at Saban's history at Bama:

2007; 6 losses; 3, 7, 7, 3, 5, 7, and 7 points
2008; 2 losses; 11, and 14 points
2009; 0 losses
2010; 3 losses; 14, 3, and 1 point
2011; 1 loss; 3 points
2012; 1 loss; 5 points
2013; 2 losses; 6, and 14 points
2014; 2 losses; 6, and 7 points
2015; 1 loss; 6 points
2016; 1 loss; 3 points
2017; 1 loss; 12 points

Only 5 two score losses in 11 seasons. They rarely lose, are in every game, and are almost never "blown out".

They are almost always ready, and almost always competitive.

In those 11 seasons they have had 6 season openers against ranked opponents. All wins.

The 2017 Iron Bowl 12-point loss was Saban's 4th worse loss at Bama.

Archived