Null



Sign in to follow this  
LKEEL75

Update on 4 2018 Signees Not Yet Enrolled (Oladele update 7/9/18)

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Will be on campus August 1st. 

just who are you masked man? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Just now, ellitor said:

 

Sucks. But it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wasn't saying nor implying that. My point is there's no point putting the kids out there even in garbage time who are vastly undersized for their position (30 + lbs). That's a recipe for unnecessary injuries happening.

1.It’s not going to be that much of a discrepancy. 2. The opponent will already be tired at that point. 

Hell, our redshirt candidates are still practicing against our ones and twos, the same two deep that just dominated the game into garbage time. 

Also, it’s not a bad thing to go up against a little stronger players because experience against those stronger players can be the biggest motivator in the locker room/ weight room. 

Playing the kids is a low risk move, E. Even if they did get injured, (which is a possibility in practice as well,) it’s not like getting injured during a redshirt year is the absolute worst time to get hurt.

 

Edited by aujeff11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

1.It’s not going to be that much of a discrepancy. 2. The opponent will already be tired at that point. 

Hell, our redshirt candidates are still practicing against our ones and twos, the same two deep that just dominated the game into garbage time. 

Also, it’s not a bad thing to go up against a little stronger players because experience against those stronger players can be the biggest motivator in the locker room. 

Playing the kids is a low risk move, E. Even if they did get injured, (which is a possibility in practice as well,) it’s not like getting injured during a redshirt year is the absolute worst time to get hurt.

 

Let's just wait and see. Not worth an argument right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Sucks. But it happens.

Yeah but unfortunately we don't get his spot back with the new rules.

Edited by ellitor
corrected info.
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Let's just wait and see. Not worth an argument right now.

 I do agree with the safety aspect until my cognitive dissonance turns my face blue after I realize in the same garbage time game our starting OL outweighed their starting DL on average by over fifty pounds. But yes, I agree. OL’s and DL’s are the two positions that need a physical learning curve.

I’m very intrigued by the rule. Coaches could really get sophisticated with their roster management. Wait until the injuries to open a can of worms? Dedicate the four games to tbe cupcakes? Or use them up front? A lot of choices.

Edited by aujeff11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@aujeff11 There was no need for a another reply to me. I'm done with the conversation til the season plays out. The argument is not worth the blood pressure spike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

The argument is not worth the blood pressure spike.

I agreed with you? If you’re having blood pressure spikes, you need meds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 6:36 PM, corchjay said:

Oladele is the only one concerning for me.  When you’re dealing with the clearing house you never know how long it’s gonns take.  They get in no hurry to make a decision or keep the parties(player and university) up to date on the progress/process.

Nailed it 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

JUCO, i assume

My thoughts too.

Otherwise, he's somehow blaming Auburn??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the five defensive linemen Auburn signed in its recruiting Class of 2018 will not be reporting to campus this fall.

Kayode Oladele, a four-star strongside defensive end out of Champagnat Catholic-Hialeah in Miami, told Benjamin Wolk and 247Sports on Monday that he does not plan to enroll at the university.

He is "still exploring options for this fall and will make a decision in the next few weeks," per Wolk, who is formerly of SEC Country. Oladele had been awaiting word from the NCAA Clearinghouse about his eligibility after passing the one extra class he needed to take over the summer, per Keith Niebhur of 247Sports, but his decision to not attend Auburn was ultimately the Tigers' call.

 

Oladele, who hails from Nigeria, did not complete his senior season due to a visa issue.

 

The 6-foot-4, 235-pound prospect was one of four 2018 commits that had yet reported to the Tigers. Four-star wide receiver Anthony Schwartz is still running on the summer track & field circuit, and three-star punter Arryn Siposs is coming to the Plains from Australia. Head coach Gus Malzahn did not give specific reasons for the absence of Oladele or four-star Birmingham defensive tackle Coynis Miller.

 

Oladele would be the fourth Auburn signee since 2015 to not enroll, joining defensive lineman Daquan Newkirk (who later signed in 2018 after a year at JUCO), running back Alaric Williams and safety Carlito Gonzalez, none of whom qualified academically.

Even without Oladele, Auburn will still have four newcomers on the defensive line this season in Newkirk, Richard Jibunor, Caleb Johnson and Miller, if and when he does enroll.

"A guy that really stood out to us," Malzahn said of Oladele when he signed in February. "He came to our camp and ran a 4.7. Plays a lot of different positions for his high school. Really feel like he’s going to give us a lot of flexibility to move him around. He’s a very good athlete for his high school. He also played some wide receiver and tight end and made some great catches. We’re very excited about him."

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

but his decision to not attend Auburn was ultimately the Tigers' call.

Interesting. Could he have attended Auburn as a regular student, or could he not attend Auburn at all?

Edited by aujeff11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

One of the five defensive linemen Auburn signed in its recruiting Class of 2018 will not be reporting to campus this fall.

Kayode Oladele, a four-star strongside defensive end out of Champagnat Catholic-Hialeah in Miami, told Benjamin Wolk and 247Sports on Monday that he does not plan to enroll at the university.

He is "still exploring options for this fall and will make a decision in the next few weeks," per Wolk, who is formerly of SEC Country. Oladele had been awaiting word from the NCAA Clearinghouse about his eligibility after passing the one extra class he needed to take over the summer, per Keith Niebhur of 247Sports, but his decision to not attend Auburn was ultimately the Tigers' call.

 

Oladele, who hails from Nigeria, did not complete his senior season due to a visa issue.

 

The 6-foot-4, 235-pound prospect was one of four 2018 commits that had yet reported to the Tigers. Four-star wide receiver Anthony Schwartz is still running on the summer track & field circuit, and three-star punter Arryn Siposs is coming to the Plains from Australia. Head coach Gus Malzahn did not give specific reasons for the absence of Oladele or four-star Birmingham defensive tackle Coynis Miller.

 

Oladele would be the fourth Auburn signee since 2015 to not enroll, joining defensive lineman Daquan Newkirk (who later signed in 2018 after a year at JUCO), running back Alaric Williams and safety Carlito Gonzalez, none of whom qualified academically.

Even without Oladele, Auburn will still have four newcomers on the defensive line this season in Newkirk, Richard Jibunor, Caleb Johnson and Miller, if and when he does enroll.

"A guy that really stood out to us," Malzahn said of Oladele when he signed in February. "He came to our camp and ran a 4.7. Plays a lot of different positions for his high school. Really feel like he’s going to give us a lot of flexibility to move him around. He’s a very good athlete for his high school. He also played some wide receiver and tight end and made some great catches. We’re very excited about him."

But what's the issue? Is it his grades? What about his spot? Do we lose that spot because he changed his mind? Was Auburn just not wanting to bother with the Clearinghouse anymore? 

Sorry so many questions, but this just doesn't make any sense

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

But what's the issue? Is it his grades? What about his spot? Do we lose that spot because he changed his mind? Was Auburn just not wanting to bother with the Clearinghouse anymore? 

Sorry so many questions, but this just doesn't make any sense

 

Absolutely no idea. And knowing how things are so tight lipped with Gus I doubt we will ever get the real story and why it went down this way.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Interesting. Could he have attended Auburn as a regular student, or could he not attend Auburn at all?

Not a clue. Just posting the article and what I guess is the latest bit of information that is out right now on the subject.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we need to get Miller on campus. What is the word?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pedaler said:

JUCO, i assume

Not necessarily. There are other schools he may be able to get in to. Auburn has pretty high standards well to other D1 schools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

he's somehow blaming Auburn??

Wouldn’t necessarily be him blaming Auburn. I haven’t heard anything like that for what it’s worth.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Interesting. Could he have attended Auburn as a regular student, or could he not attend Auburn at all?

Great question. The article makes it sound like an AU football team decision. I think it's actually a university decision that he wasn't going to make enrollment standards so Gus let him go.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

What about his spot? Do we lose that spot because he changed his mind?

Yes. It's not a he changed his mind thing. I covered the spot issue in the Update thread in the main recruiting forum which I will now move the article & discussion too..

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not necessarily. There are other schools he may be able to get in to. Auburn has pretty high standards well to other D1 schools.

Ah... Ole Miss then

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

we need to get Miller on campus. What is the word?

Covered in the update thread in the main recruiting forum.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pedaler said:

Ah... Ole Miss then

FSU too.

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this