Hurts frustrated with QB situation

djg0017

It may not be one of his better moments....I wish I hadn't said all kinds of stuff I said when I was 19-20.

However, for my part, he seems like a good kid overall and his demeanor on the field reminds me a bit of our own Nick Marshall.  No matter what the situation, good or bad, he has the same calm and in-control look on his face and more often than not, he's produced.  ..... granted, usually with 2-3 bammer o-linemen getting away with holding... but I digress.

Anyway, that's why I say I like the kid.  I can forgive him maybe not handling a question the best way or maybe venting in a way he shouldn't.  For a bammer, he's okay.

I think he’s just upset about the way the coaches have handled the media. Nick Saban telling the media he isn’t sure Hurts will be on the team week 1 if he doesn’t win the job? I think that’s what Jalen was saying nobody talked to him about. If Jalen is immature for what he said then Saban handled the topic equally poorly.

1 minute ago, djg0017 said:

I think he’s just upset about the way the coaches have handled the media. Nick Saban telling the media he’s it sure Hurts will be on the team week 1 if he doesn’t win the job? I think that’s what Jalen was saying nobody talked to him about. If Jalen is immature for what he said then Saban handled the topic equally poorly.

+1

Maybe this isn't Hurts' proudest moment but saban's a grown-ass man and always plays stupid games and throws tantrums with the media.

Also, Hurts' dad probably ain't helping things speaking to the public.  I'd say, based on his comments, he's been more diva than his son.

if lane was still the oc at bama does hurts become a better qb than he is now? is he not like on his third oc since lane was fired?

14 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

+1

Maybe this isn't Hurts' proudest moment but saban's a grown-ass man and always plays stupid games and throws tantrums with the media.

Also, Hurts' dad probably ain't helping things speaking to the public.  I'd say, based on his comments, he's been more diva than his son.

Very true - both Saban and Mr. Hurts could've handled this better.  I think Saban was playing games with the media in his response to JH this season.  

At the end of the day, both QBs will get PT and both will do well with a season RB, TE, and some very good WR targets.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if lane was still the oc at bama does hurts become a better qb than he is now? is he not like on his third oc since lane was fired?

Kiffin is a dang good OC & QB coach, he'd have been able to improve Hurt's passing, but I don't know if any OC will be able to get him to throw the dang ball over tucking it & running so much.  

Nick doing whatever he can to keep both guys engaged and on the team.  

I'm thinking Tua has not played enough to fully convince Nick that he can run the team full time.  if you think back, a misplay by UGa was about the only reason Tua was even in the game at the end.   He was one play from being back on the bench after a three and out and then an Int.    If UGA holds onto the ball for a while, makes a first down or something the I'm betting Hurts is back on the field for the rest of the game.  Tua can thank is lucky stars that the dawgs threw a quick INT that put him back on the field before Hurts could even get his helmet on.

JMO but this is JJ II and much too early to tell if Tua is really the guy to run the team.....and if Hurts bails.....what then?  

14 hours ago, WFE12 said:

IMG_1310.JPG

Top right has to be the real life inspiration for Beavis from Beavis and Butthead

52 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Top right has to be the real life inspiration for Beavis from Beavis and Butthead

He's not the inspiration.... He IS Beavis!!! OMG!!!!

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

Nick doing whatever he can to keep both guys engaged and on the team.  

I'm thinking Tua has not played enough to fully convince Nick that he can run the team full time.  if you think back, a misplay by UGa was about the only reason Tua was even in the game at the end.   He was one play from being back on the bench after a three and out and then an Int.    If UGA holds onto the ball for a while, makes a first down or something the I'm betting Hurts is back on the field for the rest of the game.  Tua can thank is lucky stars that the dawgs threw a quick INT that put him back on the field before Hurts could even get his helmet on.

JMO but this is JJ II and much too early to tell if Tua is really the guy to run the team.....and if Hurts bails.....what then?  

I agree - Tua got lucky and he'll have some hickup's this season that will force Saban to play Hurts,  because Hurts is steady and rarely turns the ball over.  Tua has more upside, but less experience and game time decision making at this point.  But with that that weak ass schedule uat won't even get challenged until November, so that's plenty of time for Tua to get his legs under him.

On a side note:  The uat offense picked up their game in the 2nd half of the NC game vs UGA......but that uat defense made some huge adjustments as well and helped secure that trophy too.

15 minutes ago, keesler said:

but that uat defense made some huge adjustments as well and helped secure that trophy too.

you might also say that UGA tried to sit on the lead...….and of course we've seen how that can work out.     That INT by Fromm off the lineman's helmet is the only reason Tua was on the field when the game ended....JMO   

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, keesler said:

He's a 19 yr old kid and as a starter with a 26-2 record on one of the consistently best teams in college football.  His comments in the article show some immaturity IMO.  You got an issue with the way your coaches communicate?  Take it with your coach - not the media.  

The nickatator is not very accessible to his players.....

How in the heck does a 5 Star linebacker from Las Vegas ask Washington’s coach to release him from his NLI so that he can be closer to home just to commit to Bama? Somebody besides Peterson  should get roasted for this. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

How in the heck does a 5 Star linebacker from Las Vegas ask Washington’s coach to release him from his NLI so that he can be closer to home just to commit to Bama? Somebody besides Peterson  should get roasted for this. 

???

Ridiculous. Bama sucks

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I was just about to post the same thing. I don’t know if it’s possible, but Peterson should have released him with the condition that he goes to a school within a five hour radius of his home. Kid just straight up lied and used his family to play on people’s emotions, he should fit in well at bama.

11 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

I was just about to post the same thing. I don’t know if it’s possible, but Peterson should have released him with the condition that he goes to a school within a five hour radius of his home. Kid just straight up lied and used his family to play on people’s emotions, he should fit in well at bama.

With all the crap that's been thrown around about the rights of student athletes, conferences have lightened up on the rules in an effort to be less restrictive.  We've seen that in our own conference, the SEC changed its own transfer rules this year.  HC's no longer have the ability to place restrictions, limitations and conditions on their athletes.  If it becomes a free market, then so be it I guess. :dunno:

On 8/8/2018 at 7:07 PM, aujeff11 said:

His family will be re-settled in a much better situation. Just wait and see. And check out his new wheels....

On 8/4/2018 at 1:47 PM, djg0017 said:

Tampa?  ESPN can't even get the simplest of things correct.  :dead:

16 minutes ago, keesler said:

Tampa?  ESPN can't even get the simplest of things correct.  :dead:

Lol didn’t even catch that. They were um..close I guess? ?

Archived