2021 5* UNC Transfer C Walker Kessler (4/12/21: Commits To AU!)

AuburnArch13

On 3/23/2021 at 9:41 AM, tigerbrotha12 said:

Kessler to AU picking up steam from an insider on the Bunker...

@tigerbrotha12Which one? JHead, Jolivesr, & Jslowery all say Zags lead.

On 3/23/2021 at 11:41 AM, blakem said:

I didn’t really mean kesslers decision as much as I meant Auburns decisions to heavily pursue him

@blakemWe are heavily pursuing him regardless.

22 hours ago, auburnphan said:

very low chance of happening, let's focus on the guard from Missouri!!!!!!!!!!

@auburnphan Staff liked the kid from American who just transferred to Seton Hall better & may like Carr from Minnesota better.

2 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Pretty sure all NCAA basketball players get a mulligan on the "sit a year" rule this season bc of Covid.

@tigeraddikt The immediate play for transfers rule has not been voted on yet but will be soon & is expected to pass.

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In the spirit of pushing out whoever is holding up a scholly, I probably wouldn’t expect Stretch and Walker to be on the same team next season, if you get my drift lol 

If we needed room Moore or Jaylin Williams would the most likely to move. Nothing is happening with Stretch until Cooper decides his future. In other words if Stretch moves on we supposedly have 0 chance to get Sharife back. They are supposedly that tight.

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

This was Jamie early yesterday, so things may have changed

Who is Jamie & what's his bunker handle?

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

If we needed room Moore or Jaylin Williams would the most likely to move. Nothing is happening with Stretch until Cooper decides his future. In other words if Stretch moves on we supposedly have 0 chance to get Sharife back. They are supposedly that tight.

that sucks, but it makes sense. It'd probably have to be Moore. 

That IS the business of recruiting random guys to entice a superstar. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 5:56 PM, ellitor said:

@tigerbrotha12Which one? JHead, Jolivesr, & Jslowery all say Zags lead.

1 of the 3 posters confirmed with me personally(one of them is my family) that Scoot likely reclassified and commits, we land Tyty and get Kessler. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, smithsaufan1345162789 said:

1 of the 3 posters confirmed with me personally(one of them is my family) that Scoot likely reclassified and commits, we land Tyty and get Kessler. 

Yup! Jolivesr strongly implied for a while The staff knows we’re  getting Scoot and yesterday on the bunker he strongly implied Scoot will reclassify. Said it won’t happen before Cooper goes into the draft though. Also strongly hinted that we’re in a great spot for TyTy. Didn’t say we are going to get Kessler but did say we have made up a lot of ground.

• Like 3

Getting TyTy and Scoot would have us more than set for next season. Hell it would almost create a log jam of great talent at the 1 and 2 positions. But we can worry about that once they are all signed! 

Would Scoot project as more of a 2 or a 1 in college? I think he can do both but what would be his ideal position?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Getting TyTy and Scoot would have us more than set for next season. Hell it would almost create a log jam of great talent at the 1 and 2 positions. But we can worry about that once they are all signed! 

Would Scoot project as more of a 2 or a 1 in college? I think he can do both but what would be his ideal position?

The 1, to me. I think he’d end up playing the 2 with Cooper, who’s a transcendent passer and would’ve had the system advantage. I still figure he’ll play the two even with that not being the case with any of the other 1s, just bc he’s significantly taller than them

If we did get Scoot and Ty Ty, and already committed Zep, and bringing in Alexander, we might have the deepest backcourt since we had Harper, McCormick, Brown, and Doughty. 

Who would be the best shooting guard out of that new backcourt?

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

@gravejd AU is recruiting & sees Scoot as a point all the way. The other Guards: Alexander, TyTy, & Zep seem to be more like Combo Guards. All can handle the ball but it looks like Trey & TyTy would play more 2 while Zep likely more at the 1 with Scoot.

48 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Who would be the best shooting guard out of that new backcourt?

@steeleagle In terms of pure shooting ability or playing the 2 position overall?

41 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Late to the party. Who are the two prospects being discussed other than the NC transfer?

@TAYLORKEETON We have threads on all the top tier targets. Feel free to check them out.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@steeleagle In terms of pure shooting ability or playing the 2 position overall?

Pure shooting from the guards. I remember w Harper and Brown, we had 2 guards that both could shoot 3's and score well from the outside. 

I am wondering from this potential bunch I mentioned, who would be our best outside shooters as guards, allowing the middle to open up even more...

13 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Pure shooting from the guards. I remember w Harper and Brown, we had 2 guards that both could shoot 3's and score well from the outside. 

I am wondering from this potential bunch I mentioned, who would be our best outside shooters as guards, allowing the middle to open up even more...

I think Alexander in the film I have seen he has great form and can shoot deep effortlessly. Now that is based on highlight film so take my opinion with a grain of salt. The others are all above average. Scoot has talent to go 1st round NBA maybe even in top 5 but time will tell.

Pearl has his work cut our for him melding all this talent into a cohesive team. Talent alone won't win against top teams without talent playing within a team concept.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

@steeleagle Not sure. They all seem to be great creators & scorers but don't know that any of them are deep ball marksmen. Zep shot a really good 40% from downtown as a freshman but dropped to a solid 34% in his 3rd year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup! Jolivesr strongly implied for a while The staff knows we’re  getting Scoot and yesterday on the bunker he strongly implied Scoot will reclassify. Said it won’t happen before Cooper goes into the draft though. Also strongly hinted that we’re in a great spot for TyTy. Didn’t say we are going to get Kessler but did say we have made up a lot of ground.

I was told Kessler too. But I believe that Gurley is more likely though but that is my opinion. I wish we could get both. Stretch isn't panning out. 

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@steeleagle Not sure. They all seem to be great creators & scorers but don't know that any of them are deep ball marksmen. Zep shot a really good 40% from downtown as a freshman but dropped to a solid 34% in his 3rd year.

The reason I asked was I remember when your PG/SG can nail a consistent amount of 3's that really opens up the middle to do other things. Harper really helped do that. 

As Sharife showed, as he was more of a penetrator, that they could sluff off more and force him to shoot the outside shot bc his avg was not very good or consistent.