2019 Baseball Schedule Announced

Zeek

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/09/auburn_announces_2019_baseball.html

Auburn announces 2019 baseball schedule
Updated 12:05 PM; Posted 12:05 PM
By Tom Green tgreen@al.com
Auburn released its 2019 baseball schedule on Thursday.

The Tigers, who were one win away from a College World Series berth last season, open their 2019 campaign at home against Georgia Southern on Feb. 15 to kick off a three-game series. Auburn will play 16 of its first 20 games of the season at Plainsman Park.

Fifteen of Auburn's 30 opponents this season won at least 30 games in 2018, while eight of the programs on the Tigers' 2019 schedule made a postseason appearance last season, including four teams that played in a Super Regional and two College World Series participants.

Auburn's SEC slate, which begins March 15 at home against Tennessee, also includes home series against Arkansas, Ole Miss, Alabama and Georgia. The Tigers will travel to Mississippi State, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt and LSU. The series against LSU will be the final weekend of the regular season.

Auburn's non-conference schedule features several in-state matchups, including a two-game home series against Alabama A&M, a midweek road game at South Alabama, a midweek game against UAB at Regions Field, the Capital City Classic in Montgomery against Alabama and a midweek road trip to Jacksonville State.

Auburn's full 2019 schedule is below:

Date Opponent Site
FEB. 15 GEORGIA SOUTHERN AUBURN
FEB. 16 GEORGIA SOUTHERN AUBURN
FEB. 17 GEORGIA SOUTHERN AUBURN
FEB. 19 ALABAMA A&M AUBURN
FEB. 20 ALABAMA A&M AUBURN
Feb. 22 at UCF Orlando, FL
Feb. 23 at UCF Orlando, FL
Feb. 24 at UCF Orlando, FL
MAR. 1 CINCINNATI AUBURN
MAR. 2 CINAINNATI AUBURN
MAR. 3 CINCINNATI AUBURN
MAR. 5 UT MARTIN AUBURN
MAR. 6 UT MARTIN AUBURN
MAR. 8 UTSA AUBURN
MAR. 9 UTSA AUBURN
MAR. 10 UTSA AUBURN
Mar. 12 at South Alabama Mobile, AL
MAR. 15 TENNESSEE AUBURN
MAR. 16 TENNESSEE AUBURN
MAR. 17 TENNESSEE AUBURN
Mar. 19 at UAB (Regions Field) Birmingham, AL
Mar. 22 at Mississippi State Starkville, MS
Mar. 23 at Mississippi State Starkville, MS
Mar. 24 at Mississippi State Starkville, MS
Mar. 26 vs. Alabama (Riverwalk Stadium) Montgomery, AL
Mar. 29 at South Carolina Columbia, S.C.
Mar. 30 at South Carolina Columbia, S.C.
Mar. 31 at South Carolina Columbia, S.C.
APR. 2 GEORGIA TECH AUBURN
APR. 5 ARKANSAS AUBURN
APR. 6 ARKANSAS AUBURN
APR. 7 ARKANSAS AUBURN
APR. 9 JACKSONVILLE STATE AUBURN
Apr. 12 at Texas A&M College Station, TX
Apr. 13 at Texas A&M College Station, TX
Apr. 14 at Texas A&M College Station, TX
Apr. 16 at Georgia Tech Atlanta, GA
APR. 19 OLE MISS AUBURN
APR. 20 OLE MISS AUBURN
APR. 21 OLE MISS AUBURN
Apr. 23 at Jacksonville State Jacksonville, AL
Apr. 26 at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN
Apr. 27 at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN
Apr. 28 at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN
APR. 30 ALABAMA STATE AUBURN
MAY 3 ALABAMA AUBURN
MAY 4 ALABAMA AUBURN
MAY 5 ALABAMA AUBURN
MAY 7 UAB AUBURN
MAY 10 GEORGIA AUBURN
MAY 11 GEORGIA AUBURN
MAY 12 GEORGIA AUBURN
MAY 14 NORTH ALABAMA AUBURN
May 16 at LSU Baton Rouge, LA
May 17 at LSU Baton Rouge, LA
May 18 at LSU Baton Rouge, LA
May 21-26 SEC Tournament Hoover, AL
May 31-June 3 NCAA Regional TBA
June 7-10 NCAA Super Regional TBA
June 15-26 College World Series Omaha, NE

War Eagle

Non conference games are not very interesting...

who do you think will be in our starting rotation?

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

who do you think will be in our starting rotation?

Burns is a given at 1 I'd say. 2 is probably Davis Daniel if Butch wants to start DD, and 3 could be either Wade/Owen/Greenhill, though I believe it's more likely to be Wade. This could vary depending on Butch's plans with Greenhill and Daniel.

The lineup is more of a question I'd say with Holland the only virtual lock on the field and lineup, as Auburn is replacing their starting CF, 3B, 2B, 1B and C. Apparently a close source tells me they are still planning to have Williams catch. Williams and Julien are basically guaranteed spots in the lineup but their positions are in doubt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 6:40 AM, AU64 said:

That's the truth...although when your conference is as good as the SEC I guess it's not a huge deal

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

UCF will not be easy especially on the road

True...just thinking it would be fun to play a couple Big Ten teams ….have recognizable names and most would provide a good introduction to the season.   JMO

6 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Interesting to note Jeremy Johnson will be making a return trip to Auburn after transferring to Cincinnati. Is he eligible to play this season? Wouldn't like him giving us a lot of grief...

Yes, as he will be eligible immediately under a grad transfer, as he is graduating Auburn this winter. Interestingly other Auburn alums of note visiting Auburn are Hunter Morris as a coach with UT-Martin and Trevor Hillhouse as a pitcher for South Alabama. Kyler Deese apparently has a role with South Alabama baseball, but it is unknown if he is a coach or not.

On 9/7/2018 at 7:40 AM, AU64 said:

Not any "sexy" names or big early season tourneys but it is definitely an upgrade.  Georgia Southern (SoCon), Texas San Antonio(CUSA) and Central Florida (AAC) all play in serious baseball conferences and will be much stiffer competition than what we've seen in the first four weeks of previous seasons.  There's a real good chance we won't start 2019 by going 15-0.  Glad to see Jax State back on the schedule...I guess UNA replaces Troy which I suppose is useful at that point in the season.  If anybody is looking for a road trip the new stadium in Starkville will be pretty spectacular (as are the ones in Columbia and Baton Rouge).

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Not any "sexy" names or big early season tourneys but it is definitely an upgrade.  Georgia Southern (SoCon), Texas San Antonio(CUSA) and Central Florida (AAC) all play in serious baseball conferences and will be much stiffer competition than what we've seen in the first four weeks of previous seasons.  There's a real good chance we won't start 2019 by going 15-0.  Glad to see Jax State back on the schedule...I guess UNA replaces Troy which I suppose is useful at that point in the season.  If anybody is looking for a road trip the new stadium in Starkville will be pretty spectacular (as are the ones in Columbia and Baton Rouge).

Lots of no-name schools play good baseball but it's nice to see some OOC games against other power 5 conferences just to see what they look like.  As for the schedule.....USCe is the only game in reasonable driving distance for me and will probably get with one of my USCe buddies and run down for one of the games.  A nice big park down there and good fan support  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 11:29 PM, warbiscuit said:

Burns is a given at 1 I'd say. 2 is probably Davis Daniel if Butch wants to start DD, and 3 could be either Wade/Owen/Greenhill, though I believe it's more likely to be Wade. This could vary depending on Butch's plans with Greenhill and Daniel.

The lineup is more of a question I'd say with Holland the only virtual lock on the field and lineup, as Auburn is replacing their starting CF, 3B, 2B, 1B and C. Apparently a close source tells me they are still planning to have Williams catch. Williams and Julien are basically guaranteed spots in the lineup but their positions are in doubt.

I think you’re right on the rotation. I think we’d like to have Wade in that third spot to get him some experience. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see Kyle Gray or Ryan Watson start there. 

Also agree about position players. Holland at SS is about the only Lock. I know we’re going to work Davis and Williams at 1B, Williams will get a look at catcher, and Julien is going to get looks at 2B and 3B. Interested to see where the JUCO guys fit in. Rankin Woley has played IF and could catch. Matt Scheffler is a solid defensive catcher. Everett Lau is kind of a utility guy who could play a bunch of positions. I think how those three guys factor in will tell us a lot about where everything shakes out defensively. I wouldn’t be surprised to see something like this:

C - Scheffler

1B - Williams

2B - Bliss

3B - Julien

SS - Holland

LF - Davis

CF - Ward

RF - Lau

DH - Woley

Thats just a guess on my part right now though. 

On 10/2/2018 at 8:22 AM, boomstick said:

I think you’re right on the rotation. I think we’d like to have Wade in that third spot to get him some experience. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see Kyle Gray or Ryan Watson start there. 

Also agree about position players. Holland at SS is about the only Lock. I know we’re going to work Davis and Williams at 1B, Williams will get a look at catcher, and Julien is going to get looks at 2B and 3B. Interested to see where the JUCO guys fit in. Rankin Woley has played IF and could catch. Matt Scheffler is a solid defensive catcher. Everett Lau is kind of a utility guy who could play a bunch of positions. I think how those three guys factor in will tell us a lot about where everything shakes out defensively. I wouldn’t be surprised to see something like this:

C - Scheffler

1B - Williams

2B - Bliss

3B - Julien

SS - Holland

LF - Davis

CF - Ward

RF - Lau

DH - Woley

Thats just a guess on my part right now though. 

No Woley in the infield. I would think he may get the nod over Bliss. Move Woley to 3B and Julien to 2B. Either that or Julien stays at DH

• 2 months later...

Would be nice to lineup Aday with a home baseball game.  I don’t think that’s happened in a couple years now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 11:41 AM, tigerbrotha12 said:

No Woley in the infield. I would think he may get the nod over Bliss. Move Woley to 3B and Julien to 2B. Either that or Julien stays at DH

Just read this after seeing the scrimmages back in November and man was I wrong. Bliss needs to play everywhere.... 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:24 PM, jared52 said:

That road SEC slate. Yikes. 

Have you seen Bama's SEC schedule?  My goodness it's brutal.  10 teams in the SEC made the big tournament last year.  Bama drew every single one of them for their 10 conference series.

@ Ole Miss
Arkansas
@ Florida
South Carolina
@ Miss State
Vanderbilt
LSU
@ AU
A&M
@ UGA

58 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Have you seen Bama's SEC schedule?  My goodness it's brutal.  10 teams in the SEC made the big tournament last year.  Bama drew every single one of them for their 10 conference series. 

@ Ole Miss
Arkansas
@ Florida
South Carolina
@ Miss State
Vanderbilt
LSU
@ AU
A&M
@ UGA

It's just the SEC's way of making up for the cakewalk their football schedule is. :D

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 12:43 PM, Tigerbelle said:

Just a couple of weeks away.....:wedance:

For y'all maybe.  I get to call a Division II game this weekend!  Baseball is back baby!

Got reservations at an abnb near Orlando for the three game series  with  UCF.....just hoping for some good weather to go along with it...

Been fortunate to get down to Florida for AU early season games in Port Charlotte and then Pensacola...nice break from our winter weather.    Can't wait....

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Got reservations at an abnb near Orlando for the three game series  with  UCF.....just hoping for some good weather to go along with it...

Been fortunate to get down to Florida for AU early season games in Port Charlotte and then Pensacola...nice break from our winter weather.    Can't wait....

may see you there since I live in Winter Park, Fl about 10 mile from UCF campus

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

may see you there since I live in Winter Park, Fl about 10 mile from UCF campus

Hope so...wife found an arbn in Altamonte Springs I think it is.  I will make all three games...two might be her limit :)

Archived