Trump Orders Declassification of Documents

Proud Tiger

Trump has ordered the declassification of a number of classified documents. I think this is a good move since it allows the public to see more of the truth about some things.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/17/trump-orders-feds-to-declassify-key-fisa-documents-text-messages-in-fbi-russia-probe.html

27 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Trump has ordered the declassification of a number of classified documents. I think this is a good move since it allows the public to see more of the truth about some things.

They should just go ahead properly redact and declassify all of the related documents.  Otherwise, this will be seen, and justly so, considering the Nunes circus, as an attempt to illuminate only material that serves the administration's narrative.

31 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/17/trump-orders-feds-to-declassify-key-fisa-documents-text-messages-in-fbi-russia-probe.html

Not with the redactions. Without those, there’s not point other than to fire up the stupid. 

34 minutes ago, HVAU said:

They should just go ahead properly redact and declassify all of the related documents.  Otherwise, this will be seen, and justly so, considering the Nunes circus, as an attempt to illuminate only material that serves the administration's narrative.

I agree and I thought this is what's being done. In any event  I would hope anyone who wants as truth as possible think this is a good thing.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

I agree and I thought this is what's being done. In any event  I would hope anyone who wants as truth as possible think this is a good thing.

As long as it's not politically cherry picked I agree.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

People want truth, but they want the whole truth.  Unnecessary redactions can rightfully lead to public questioning and skepticism.

Just now, HVAU said:

As long as it's not politically cherry picked I agree.

Again I would agree but I'm not sure how it can be cherry picked. maybe I'm missing something but the release of any of these documents should be helpful in finding truth.  Withholding info from the FISA Court in obtaining a warrant is a crime.The Strozk-page e-mails have already exposed the corruption at high levels of the FBI

The order says all texts between Comey, McCabe, Strozk, Page, etc., not have redactions.

But predictably, Dems are being critical of Trump's order saying it could endanger national security. This is such a laughable, hypocritical joke coming from them. I thought they embraced transparency and the truth. Pure and simply they don't want you and me to know the truth.

32 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The order says all texts between Comey, McCabe, Strozk, Page, etc., not have redactions.

But predictably, Dems are being critical of Trump's order saying it could endanger national security. This is such a laughable, hypocritical joke coming from them. I thought they embraced transparency and the truth. Pure and simply they don't want you and me to know the truth.

It's the FISA stuff I'm referring to, and yes it will endanger our natsec interests. Intelligence gathering is a fragile thing. 

Archived