are fans fair in their remarks

aubiefifty

21 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Hearing former players say they were not developed during their time at Auburn is disheartening.

Link?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m trying to figure out why Auburn fans having high expectations is such a bad thing? As DAG said there are schools all over the country with high expectations but when we have them and get upset at an underperforming coach then all of a sudden its armageddon around here.  The man has lost four or more games every single season except his first and it took a couple of miraculous plays to prevent it then too.  Gus must be one hell of a nice guy because I have never seen folks defend such an underperformer like some of you do. 

8 minutes ago, AURex said:

Gus: "We just need to execute"

He said the same last year. Remember November when it actually happened?

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Welcome to college football. Fans expectations our high all over the country. Doesnt make his job anymore tougher than coach O in Cajun land or Jimbo at college station.

I was speaking to Arkansas. Their expectations are not what ours are. IIWII.

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Btw my Oregon friend how about that game yesterday with the ducks..did everything they could to lose it to stanford 

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I was speaking to Arkansas. Their expectations are not what ours are. IIWII.

No, it has to be relative to your team’s ability. But they do not expect to lose to Mississippi State, ole miss and the aggies. They do expect to compete with LSU and Auburn. I know this. I’ve lived amongst those people for several years. Likewise , we expect to compete with the big dogs and win at that level when the talent is here. I expect us to oppose our will against teams far less talented than us. 

28 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So one guy?

Yeah one guy has spoken out about it on record after being drafted. But yeah I'm certain it was ONLY Ricardo... LoL and that wasn't even Kodi. Kodi can recruit with the best of them, but isn't any better a coach than CDC. But seriously, if one player goes on record saying this, you better believe other felt it. However most players don't burn bridges like that. Most players won't throw their former coaching staff under the bus like that. 

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

Btw my Oregon friend how about that game yesterday with the ducks..did everything they could to lose it to stanford 

Yeah they did... But with their head guy being a former OL coach at Bama, it's not terribly surprising. He was only hired because the players wanted him, so they opted to stay with him... The fans certainly didn't want him. Please But there are real problems in Eugene. I would be willing to bet that both the administration in Eugene AND Willy Taggert wish he had stayed in Eugene. Oregon was going to be patient with Taggert... He will get no such luxury in Tallahassee. 

54 minutes ago, DAG said:

Welcome to college football. Fans expectations our high all over the country. Doesnt make his job anymore tougher than coach O in Cajun land or Jimbo at college station.

Cajun land alot like turdscaloosa..........bricks through windows and such.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Imagine what this offense could do if we actually ran sophisticated non high school routes.

What are these routes we’re not running? What kind of routes are we running when it’s straight drop back compared to RPO? Seems to me JS does better when it’s straight pass than RPO

Imagine if each WR had an option of what route to run, vs being subjected to specific routes that the defense knows what's coming simply by how they are lined up. 

I’m no expert but I thought in RPO the receivers chose a  route according to what kind of coverage the defense was showing. 

I don’t know what the problem is but I don’t think it’s because Gus doesn’t have many plays in his playbook. Could be a number of things. Personally, I wonder if offensive coaches do a poor job of self scouting themselves tipping the play off. And not because of the formation they’re in. 

I’d love to see JS in the Air Raid. Think he’d do much better but you can’t just scrap your offensive system in the middle of the season?? 

5 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Cajun land alot like turdscaloosa..........bricks through windows and such.

Imagine the reaction if LSU has less total yards than Arkansas 

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Imagine the reaction if LSU has less total yards than Arkansas 

I live in LA, and while LSU fans have talked about/are concerned about their lack of offensive production early in the season, they are just happy they are winning. At least according to the folks I talk to and hear on the radio. Now, tomorrow may be a different story after their brush with LA Tech yesterday.

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

I live in LA, and while LSU fans have talked about/are concerned about their lack of offensive production early in the season, they are just happy they are winning. At least according to the folks I talk to and hear on the radio. Now, tomorrow may be a different story after their brush with LA Tech yesterday.

Visit tRANT

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Could be since they have a 2nd year HC and the expectations for Coach O are.....what?....not sure really?  So wins are wins.

Gus has been here 20 years it seems and after a hot start it's been.....what?.....not sure really?  So wins need to get prettier and more plentiful.

Moorehead is an offensive "genius?" I've seen him be called a budding star, but offensive genius is not something I've ever heard said about him. 

Actually heard this more than once from talking heads on sports radio. Maybe not a genius but they all love the guy and offense is His forte.  Regardless,  still only 200 yards. 

@DAG To be clear, I’m not happy with our production either.

Oh no doubt ! I am just saying the common fan is much different than the fan who frequents on football forums haha. 

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Could be since they have a 2nd year HC and the expectations for Coach O are.....what?....not sure really?  So wins are wins.

Gus has been here 20 years it seems and after a hot start it's been.....what?.....not sure really?  So expectations are getting skewed.

...to not rip his shirt off Hogan style on the sideline during the game?

Just now, DAG said:

Oh no doubt ! I am just saying the common fan is much different than the fan who frequents on football forums haha. 

TROOF!!!!!

...to not rip his shirt off Hogan style on the sideline during the game?

Okay, THAT would be awesome!

2 hours ago, DAG said:

What makes Gus job any tougher than say Coach O or even Coach Morris at the moment? Serious question. I feel way worse for Coach Morris than any other coach in the SEC west because he is getting reamed but he not only has talent deficiency but also a broken mentality among his team. Also have actual players and fans verbally going after each other.

Oh and he also has to face all of the SEC West with less talent than all of those teams. Btw, he also has family that still in high school and still living in Texas . His son still plays high school ball down there, which he does his best to go down and see every weekend. So again, I have to ask why does Gus have it so much harder than this guy? 

Gus has to deal with:

-playing Bama every year

-playing Georgia every year

- pro bammer media that always considers him as a second rate coach 

-pro bammer media that considers his program a second rate program

-an in state rival fan base that has the same two perceptions as the media above

- our two key recruiting states house our two rivals that happen to have the two best recruiters in the country 

- a now impatient fan base that is sick of hearing trash talk from its rivals 

-And, oh yeah, we’re in the SEC West

So yeah, Gus has one of the hardest jobs in the country.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

a now impatient fan base that is sick of hearing trash talk from its rivals 

I think this is the real issue we're facing.

Just now, AUFriction said:

Gus has to deal with:

-playing Bama every year

-playing Georgia every year

- pro bammer media that always considers him as a second rate coach 

-pro bammer media that considers his program a second rate program

-an in state rival fan base that has the same two perceptions as the media above

- our two key recruiting states house our two rivals that happen to have the two best recruiters in the country 

- a now impatient fan base that is sick of hearing trash talk from its rivals 

-And, oh yeah, we’re in the SEC West

So yeah, Gus has one of the hardest jobs in the country.

I didn’t say he didn’t have one of the hardest jobs in the country . Next please. 

I just think fans get so caught up in the moment. Not just in the wins and loss perspective but their present reality. If you talk to the average Arkansas fan, they would laugh at the idea that Gus has the toughest job in the country . Half of them thinks he underperforms relative to the talent and resources he has. Something that most of their coaches can’t afford. How do you think they feel that some of their top talent goes to bigger schools. Ever heard of KJ hill? He is one of the best receivers on tOSU and he is right from Arkansas. Ever heard of Altee Tenpenny? He was a highly regarded RB right from Arkansas and he opted to test the waters at Bama, instead of staying in Arkansas. Ever heard of Michael Dyer? Khiel  Frazier? Gerry Bohanen? He absolutely wanted to come here last year. He even tweeted Auburn is his dream school and we didn’t even offer him. He was the highest rated player in Arkansas last year.

So yes it sucks going head to head against the likes of UGA and Bama but let’s not act like we are getting chopped liver in return.

Same thing about the media. Is the media at Alabama so much more aggressive than the media in Texas? Does Jimbo have no pressure to deliver? Do we forget that the Aggies are still competing with UT in regards to relevancy even though they don’t play each other?  I find things like this to be super subjective. Oh and btw he gets paid handsomely for how tough it is to figure out how to overcome such toughness. 

Archived