are fans fair in their remarks

aubiefifty

it sure seems like we have some fans that wait to pounce on anything negative they see concerning auburn football. they use a bad game to further their hate gus agenda. or hate the offense we run. folks were basically questioning stids manhood in the pocket yesterday. they were implying stid was scared. he sure did not look scared when he ran some of those keepers knowing he was going to take a big hit and at least one of them on the shoulder he had repaired. some claim the o line lost its manhood. really? i see guys playing hard and playing mean. the problem is they all have to do it together and at the same time. it does not mean they all of a sudden are not men. anyone realize how insulting that is? and while i agree the coaches should be fair game it would be nice if most of the theories were more fact  based and not wild fantasies thrown out there just to make a coach you do not like look worse. and what about some of you folks worth as fans? what happened to loyalty? what happened to standing by your team when times are hard and maybe we struggle some. some folks on here have gotten so bad we have been copied and pasted and used to make fun auburn posters. lets try stopping the insults and if we bring up a negative about the team lets use facts and maybe a little class. i applaud those of you who at least use facts to critique the team and not turn it into a springer show of some kind. no one wants to do better than the coaching staff and the team. to imply any different makes you suspect in everything you say. right now auburn needs our support and i will do that if we lose the rest of our games. yes i hurt when we lose but a score will not change my love for auburn.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus has been in control of this offense for 9 years.

It sucks.

Something is not right. 

It is Gus's job to fix it.

Gus, I am standing by my team like @aubiefifty suggests.

Fix it.

Don't be stubborn.

Throw to a TE every series.

Change snap count. Jesus. They have been jumping it for years.

See if you can get the Oline fired up. They look asleep.

Demand excellence in every aspect of the orginazation.

Design a better offense. This one sucks and has been figured out.

Adapt.

• WarTiger changed the title to are fans fair in their remarks on the team
5 minutes ago, SKIPPER_01 said:

Gus has been in control of this offense for 9 years.

It sucks.

Something is not right. 

It is Gus's job to fix it.

Gus, I am standing by my team like @aubiefifty suggests.

Fix it.

Don't be stubborn.

Throw to a TE every series.

Change snap count. Jesus. They have been jumping it for years.

See if you can get the Oline fired up. They look asleep.

Demand excellence in every aspect of the orginazation.

Design a better offense. This one sucks and has been figured out.

Adapt.

the one word line at the bottom of your post....he can't 

I don't think fans are waiting on something negative to pounce on Gus. I think they're waiting on a reason not to. 

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I don't think fans are waiting on something negative to pounce on Gus. I think they're waiting on a reason not to. 

good point! i had not thought of that.

The offense we saw yesterday was run to try and establish some ground game. It didnt. Gus only went to the pass when he had to. Once we had a 10 point lead he knew we likely had the win. Im not saying i agree with it or anything im just saying the three drives against lsu vs yesterday are two different things. 

• WarTiger changed the title to are fans fair in their remarks

As in any situation where people have no idea what's really going on.....fans have no idea why things are done the way they are, and why decisions are made that fans don't like. The REC-enabled bammer is having a big run, and that makes AU fans even more impatient and prone to pick everything and everyone apart. Gus and the team want to win even more than we want it, and the pressures they face playing in the SEC West are daunting. Gus has the toughest job in college football right now IMHO,especially when you include Georgia in the mix. Every failure is amplified, and if a win is not flashy enough that's seen as almost as bad as a loss. Fans often do lose perspective....

15 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

As in any situation where people have no idea what's really going on.....fans have no idea why things are done the way they are, and why decisions are made that fans don't like. The REC-enabled bammer is having a big run, and that makes AU fans even more impatient and prone to pick everything and everyone apart. Gus and the team want to win even more than we want it, and the pressures they face playing in the SEC West are daunting. Gus has the toughest job in college football right now IMHO,especially when you include Georgia in the mix. Every failure is amplified, and if a win is not flashy enough that's seen as almost as bad as a loss. Fans often do lose perspective....

What makes Gus job any tougher than say Coach O or even Coach Morris at the moment? Serious question. I feel way worse for Coach Morris than any other coach in the SEC west because he is getting reamed but he not only has talent deficiency but also a broken mentality among his team. Also have actual players and fans verbally going after each other.

Oh and he also has to face all of the SEC West with less talent than all of those teams. Btw, he also has family that still in high school and still living in Texas . His son still plays high school ball down there, which he does his best to go down and see every weekend. So again, I have to ask why does Gus have it so much harder than this guy? 

25 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

The offense we saw yesterday was run to try and establish some ground game. It didnt. Gus only went to the pass when he had to. Once we had a 10 point lead he knew we likely had the win. Im not saying i agree with it or anything im just saying the three drives against lsu vs yesterday are two different things. 

I was actually wondering yesterday were they trying something different bc of thinking Arkansas was an easy out. I am not savvy enough to discern.  It was a very strange game. I noticed yesterday that miss state only had 200 yards at Kentucky and their coach is suppose to be an offensive genius. (Not suggesting ky and arky are the same).    I agree that whatever it was did not work. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

What makes Gus job any tougher than say Coach O or even Coach Morris at the moment? Serious question. I feel way worse for Coach Morris than any other coach in the SEC west because he is getting teamed but he not only has talent deficiency but also a broken mentality among his team. Also have actual players and fans verbally going after each other.

Oh and he also has to face all of the SEC West with less talent than all of those teams. Btw, he also has family that still in high school and still living in Texas . His son still plays high school ball down there, which he does his best to go down and see every weekend. So again, I have to ask why does Gus have it so much harder than this guy? 

Gus has been here long enough to have all his recruits in place to run his offense and it's a hot mess. He was the one who brought in herb hand his buddy to coach to line. So if Gus is having a hard time it is all self inflicted. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

What makes Gus job any tougher than say Coach O or even Coach Morris at the moment? Serious question. I feel way worse for Coach Morris than any other coach in the SEC west because he is getting teamed but he not only has talent deficiency but also a broken mentality among his team. Also have actual players and fans verbally going after each other.

Mainly because they don't have the same exceedingly tough in-state rivalry and next door rivalry that Gus has,which his fans expect him to crush every year. 

I was not talking about personal,family situations. 

This is the problem I have: If we go out and play well and execute at every position and get beat.. I tip my hat to our opponent. That is not what is happening with this team. Honestly I have no idea how we only have one loss. The OL has struggled out of the gate.. is that because of the scheme.. did hand run more zone blocking and now grimes is doing something different? Don’t know. What I do know that is whatever they are doing they need to either do it better or change it. For our offense as with every offense it starts up front. We can’t get into rhythms and can’t get going when the line is not blocking and although I hate the damn call on 4th and 1... we should be able to push forward and get a yard. It is pathetic that we can’t. Will they be perfect every time every play.. absolutely not.. will they miss assignments .. yes of course.. every single teams has those two things happen to them during every game.  We are consistently bad and when we get a drive going it is in spite of ourselves. The OL play was bad against Washington but good enough to win.. they have absolutely regressed.. which has led to Stidham’s problems and running back problems. Until the OL gets fixed.. stidham and the rbs will continue to struggle. That is why fans get upset.. everyone can see it but it doesn’t get fixed ..same ole same ole. 

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Mainly because they don't have the same exceedingly tough in-state rivalry and next door rivalry that Gus has,which his fans expect him to crush every year. 

Just because we play Georgia and are in the same state as Alabama doesn't mean he is under more pressure than the other coaches to win and put a quality product on the field. These young men deserve better than they are getting from our coaches on the offensive side. Saban and Smart are under the same pressure to win as Gus but they tend to put a better product on the field because of coaching and recuriting and establishing an expectation of excellence. Gus has been at Auburn long enough to establish that too.

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

LSU does. They have an expectation to win the NC every year. They definitely don’t feel like they should be losing to us and they absolutely feel like they should be on Bama’s level. Jim Harbaugh is expected to be tOSU every year. You better not lose to MSU either. That is despicable in their eyes. Lincoln Riley is expected to make the playoffs every year. That is the expectation over there. They are ready to rip his head off right now.

Expectations are high all over the country and many fans expectations are much higher than majority of our fans are asking of Gus. Most fans aren’t asking Gus to be in the playoffs every year or to win an SEC title every year . Most fans aren’t asking him to beat Bama every year or UGA every year. I think what majority of us want is consistency and when you have the talent to take it at the next level, to jump at the opportunity. So I just can’t agree that Gus has the toughest job in the country. If he goes 9-3 this year and the next he will be perfectly fine.

I think maybe it's Auburn FANS who are under more pressure.  Especially if they live in Alabama or Georgia.

I'm lucky in that I don't live in GA anymore.  I can't IMAGINE living around leghumper fans right now as an Auburn fan.

I can't imagine being my brother living in rural Alabama right now surrounded by bammers.

THAT'S the pressure going on right now...

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

what happened to standing by your team when times are hard and maybe we struggle some.

I stand by the team but not the idiocy, at times, on offense from our offensive "guru".

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I think maybe it's Auburn FANS who are under more pressure.  Especially if they live in Alabama or Georgia.

I'm lucky in that I don't live in GA anymore.  I can't IMAGINE living around leghumper fans right now as an Auburn fan.

I can't imagine being my brother living in rural Alabama right now surrounded by bammers.

But the funny things is UGA fans are also upset. My buddy who is a UGA fan absolutely thinks Justin fields should start after yesterday and if you look at Jake Fromm stats, he did pretty good in my eyes. They aren’t happy about that performance and yet they are the #2 team in the country. It’s not reality to think we are the only fan base with expectations. Each have their own.

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

What makes Gus job any tougher than say Coach O or even Coach Morris at the moment? Serious question. I feel way worse for Coach Morris than any other coach in the SEC west because he is getting reamed but he not only has talent deficiency but also a broken mentality among his team. Also have actual players and fans verbally going after each other.

Not at all defending Gus, but in comparison to those two, Arkansas cross division rivalry is Missouri... LSUs cross division rivalry is Florida. Auburns is Georgia. That in itself makes Gus' job more difficult than that of Morris or Coach O. 

29 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I was actually wondering yesterday were they trying something different bc of thinking Arkansas was an easy out. I am not savvy enough to discern.  It was a very strange game. I noticed yesterday that miss state only had 200 yards at Kentucky and their coach is suppose to be an offensive genius. (Not suggesting ky and arky are the same).    I agree that whatever it was did not work. 

Moorehead is an offensive "genius?" I've seen him be called a budding star, but offensive genius is not something I've ever heard said about him. 

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

LSU does. They have an expectation to win the NC every year. They definitely don’t feel like they should be losing to us and they absolutely feel like they should be on Bama’s level. Jim Harbaugh is expected to be tOSU every year. You better not lose to MSU either. That is despicable in their eyes. Lincoln Riley is expected to make the playoffs every year. That is the expectation over there. They are ready to rip his head off right now.

Expectations are high all over the country and many fans expectations are much higher than majority of our fans are asking of Gus. Most fans aren’t asking Gus to be in the playoffs every year or to win an SEC title every year . Most fans aren’t asking him to beat Bama every year or UGA every year. I think what majority of us want is consistency and when you have the talent to take it at the next level, to jump at the opportunity. So I just can’t agree that Gus has the toughest job in the country. If he goes 9-3 this year and the next he will be perfectly fine.

Yeah of course he will. His extension guarantees that he will. 

But I fully agree that the majority of Auburn fans don't expect too much from Gus. Most of us want him to simply show improvement. We want to see him adapt. We want to see him play to his teams strengths. We want to see him take advantage of his pro QB. We want to see him put games away vs sitting on leads. We want to see him not force the running game. We want to see him progress his WR routes. 

My own comment and not a reply:

I mean when you keep seeing the same issues over and over and over it gets frustrating. Hearing former players say they were not developed during their time at Auburn is disheartening. Seeing WRs typecasted into certain roles is disappointing. Imagine what this offense could do if we actually ran sophisticated non high school routes. Imagine what we could be if we really opened it up. But that isn't what we see. We see the speed sweep guy getting speed sweeps. We see the screen guy catching screen passes. We see the deep guy running streaks. Imagine if that got swapped up, and Seth started catching screens, Davis started running deep routes, or Schwartz going deep. Imagine if each WR had an option of what route to run, vs being subjected to specific routes that the defense knows what's coming simply by how they are lined up. 

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

It’s been rough 72. But it was real fun around Thanksgiving last year.?

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

But the funny things is UGA fans are also upset. My buddy who is a UGA fan absolutely thinks Justin fields should start after yesterday and if you look at Jake Fromm stats, he did pretty good in my eyes. They aren’t happy about that performance and yet they are the #2 team in the country. It’s not reality to think we are the only fan base with expectations. Each have their own.

Oh my remarks have nothing to do with our fans' expectations of our team.  It's dealing with the other teams' fans directly.  Growing up in GA, and I'm sure it's the same in Alabama, you just want Auburn to do well to shut THEM up.  It gets so personal and ugly....And perhaps leads to our overblown expectations/desires.

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

ot at all defending Gus, but in comparison to those two, Arkansas cross division rivalry is Missouri... LSUs cross division rivalry is Florida. 

This kills me too. Arkansas still has to play LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M etc. So they don’t have to play UGA. Okay? They still have an uphill battle. Arkansas historically doesn’t recruit on the level of majority of SEC West teams this includes Ole miss and at times Mississippi State. Go to their boards. They don’t expect to lose to ole miss, Mississippi State and the aggies. In fact they look down on the aggies! So yes Gus does have a difficult job, but also unlimited resources at his disposal to to combat those challenges compared to a team like Arkansas. 

Prior to last year, UGA was not infamous as they are now. They fired their coach and found one who tapped into what they need. Gus has been here for six years. He could’ve easily been ahead of the curve in terms of UGA. 

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

Easy answer. Fan expectations.

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Easy answer. Fan expectations.

Welcome to college football. Fans expectations our high all over the country. Doesnt make his job anymore tougher than coach O in Cajun land or Jimbo at college station.

Archived