Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

3) Will this affect bo Nix? If so then we do not want KB for a 1 year fix. 

Seen as a No. Wouldn't hurt Bo to redshirt a year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Not true. He’s a grad transfer. Davis Webb signed with Cal in May 2016 and started in 2016.

Correct. I should have worded it different. But I’ll highly suspect he will want to make his choice and enroll in time for spring with his team of choice. Which (I think means December or early January). It wouldn’t be too good of an idea to skip spring if you didn’t have to. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

My guess..... the only way KB goes AU is if Jarrett declares. I know he must sign before Jarrett declares but intermediate sources should be able to work the intentions out. 

As a transfer he doesn't have to sign anything. But he does plan to decide before JS publically decides on leaving.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

JS is likely gone regardless of where his draft stock is or ends up FWIW.

I hate to hear that but expect you are right......and if he is already "mentally" gone, that's not good for the team from here forward....JMO 

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

4) KB goes to Ark or NC or Mizzou

AU offered KB & are a very serious threat for him now FWIW.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I hate to hear that but expect you are right......and if he is already "mentally" gone, that's not good for the team from here forward....JMO 

Hah, he’s been “gone” since Spring. 

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I thought we weren’t interested ?!

Just posted what AU reporters said a day or 2 ago. They missed. It happens. No need to take vieled shots. Especially since we are friends & respect each other.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

AU offered KB & are a very serious threat for him now FWIW.

Wonder how they sold it? “How would you like to run for your life?” 😂

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

What color is the sky in the world where Stidham returns to play for Gus to IMPROVE his draft status?

No clue. Don't have access to alternate universes.

4 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Hah, he’s been “gone” since Spring. 

I didn't want to say that ….but I'm in general agreement.....too bad for him and for AU....

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

That would make 5 qbs on scholarship.   No thanks

No it wouldn't. At least 1 of the others will leave or change positions. Wouldn't be surprised if 2 left or a 1-1 combo.

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

not clear at this point if Stidham returns or not. 

In terms of placing odds would be a major upset if he returns.

15 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Wonder how they sold it? “How would you like to run for your life?” 😂

Look at the other contenders. Their OLs are not or likely will not be any better.

Anytime a high profile transfer comes into the picture it makes me happy and I’m totally for it. I don’t know how good he is, but I do know we need a lot of help

As much as im disappointed this year. If gus will be back he has every right to get who he can get.   I think getting KB is a good move for him and could possibly save his job and possibly make us potent on offense

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Look at the other contenders. Their OLs are not or likely will not be any better.

We’ll have Tega, Troxell, and Brams returning - all 3 seem to have some potential provided they get the right coaching. Not sure what happened to Horton or Harrell. At any rate, the O-line COULD be better next year with the right coaching and focus. But I realize that’s asking a lot of this staff.

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Seen as a No. Wouldn't hurt Bo to redshirt a year.

I agree. And of course that would allow Bo and contender(s) an additional year to mature

5 minutes ago, lca408 said:

We’ll have Tega, Troxell, and Brams returning - all 3 seem to have some potential provided they get the right coaching. Not sure what happened to Horton or Harrell. At any rate, the O-line COULD be better next year with the right coaching and focus. But I realize that’s asking a lot of this staff.

Driscoll will be back also. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Taking a shot at WDE or potentially myself was completely uncalled for Corch. You're better than that. Not sure where WDE got his info but mine came from Ben Wolk the same day as we posted. One of the better recruiting reporters in the industry. It was a miss. It happens.

I don't think you and WDE are misleading anyone on purpose. Tell that dumb s*** Gus to go after Justin Fields too , he's begging for a transfer.

Kelly Bryant would be a huge pick up and would help us limp across these dreadful Gus Malzahn twighlight years. Thank you Leath and Harbert

Archived