Southern Miss Postgame Thread

tbone1430

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Everyone on the Offensive coaching staff minus KBurns needs to go. 

This will not likely go over well with most but I am not impressed at all with KBs coaching our WRs.  He can recruit but beyond that I dont see much. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

The dawgs have an ass whipping coming guys . Mark my word . 

Definitely will have a fight on their hands. Think Bob is helping his brother out?

For those that might feel bad about not getting to see the rest of the game after the delay, take my word for it and I don’t even know if it was possible, but I watched and we were actually worse after the delay and after the half. I don’t know who gave the delay speech or halftime speech to our guys but they really need to take up another line of work.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

To that point, our tackling again looked very good - at least during the part of the game I watched which was until the delay.

I think this defense is as good or better than 2004 and I’m not sure if we have a first rounder in this group.  A solid offense would shave 50-100 yards a game off their average.  And most likely 3-7 points per game off their average 

1 minute ago, AUgrad97 said:

This will not likely go over well with most but I am not impressed at all with KBs coaching our WRs.  He can recruit but beyond that I dont see much. 

I just don’t agree. Not much bashing but I think they block well and avoid penalties. They have been open and are excellent after the catch. Just not getting targeted, being overthrown, or the OL doesn’t buy them any time to get into the routes 

27 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Stidham should have never got engaged. 

Can't fault the man there! 

Just now, AUtiger98 said:

I think this defense is as good or better than 2004 and I’m not sure if we have a first rounder in this group.  A solid offense would shave 50-100 yards a game off their average.  And most likely 3-7 points per game off their average 

Deshaun Davis and Derrick Brown are grown men. Maybe not 1st round, but top 3. 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

3 that I remember but everyone has a different meaning of intermediate routes.  Jarrett threw plenty intermediate throws out of bounds

With a collapsing pocket on most of those. I understand that he has regressed and isn't seeing the field well. But I can't point a finger at the QB when the entire O line is a turnstile and the RB talent is the worst we've had in 20 years. 

Well...

the QB is still skittish and rarely steps up in the pocket, he misses open receivers, and he smiles while watching his misses on the big screen. 

the OL is the worst in the sec at this point 

The play calling is terrible. People should be bashing Chip L , not just Gus. 

It is amazing that the worst part of our team is the running back in the o line And yet if you look at how we are recruiting this year it is the one area that we are struggling... just like last year. We have what we have for a while. 

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Some team will get a steal with Deshawn Davis. I think back when he signed and a lot of folks thought it was a wasted scholly . I’m just glad we got him.

44 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

For anyone thinking this mess is acceptable. Please tune in to OSU / PSU game and watch what 4&5 stars playing against other  4&5 stars look like. Keep it in the back of your mind once ours start playing against others. 

Good point but also see what a QB who knows how to break out of a pass rush instead of tossing the ball out of bounds.  I am guessing JS was told to get rid of the ball rather than take a sack....maybe next week he can work on finding an alternate receiver.

More problems than just OL. We have no identity on offense. In fact, it's complete chaos. Completely undisciplined. What did we have like another 10+ penalties tonight? It's a reflection of the coaching. 

5 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I agree.  Brown could be but I think the interior guys have to have Nick Fairly type production to be a fist Rounder.  Some of the young guys could develop into 1st rounders.  They play team defense and I think they have even gotten better in the secondary since game one.  

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I just don’t agree. Not much bashing but I think they block well and avoid penalties. They have been open and are excellent after the catch. Just not getting targeted, being overthrown, or the OL doesn’t buy them any time to get into the routes 

I didn't see a lot of open WR's tonight. I thought they played very poor especially when the QB got in trouble.

Archived