Asa redshirt screwup??

PigskinPat

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, boddagetta09 said:

This is 100% fact. Asa was under the impression that he would be a redshirt this year, and the coaches failed him. He did not play against Tennessee for this very reason. 

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

Ok, ask yourself this, "What does this Offensive staff do well?"

Plan for the season?  or the next game?

Organize a  scheme?    Maybe something that journeymen press reporters can't predict?

Direct players at practice or during the game?

Control who is in the game?

Geez if this wasn't so painful, I would laugh.   We paid $580,000 last month to Gus for this?  

To avoid confusion, here is the link to the post from Jay Tate on this issue. You’ll need a Rivals subscription to read it (don’t post paid content here) but this is at least one of the sources for this thing with Asa. 

https://auburn.forums.rivals.com/threads/asa-martin-wont-redshirt.967175/

7 hours ago, aucosby said:

Maybe Sal should learn to catch the ball more consistently and Kam learn how to hit holes.  

What holes? And Sal HAS been catching them this season when they're in the vicinity. Seriously Gus gets these kids and sits them or let's them play on specific plays that are telegraphed into being non effective. 

8 hours ago, AURealist said:

FIFY

He most likely is thinking about getting out of the dumpster fire that is the current AU football program. Let's see, Whitlow is a fragile back , it's been proven by now.  Kam Martin is unable to read any holes he is presented with. Shivers, while effective, is a change of pace back. He could not carry more than 12 to 15 times a game. Asa Martin, just like KJ, was Mr. Alabama football. He goes about 215 and Harold Joiner is even bigger and considered a great receiver. Why are they not playing more ? Blocking assignments? Please, our O line can't even get that down.  At this point play them both, or risk losing them. It's time for the entire staff, save Kevin Steele go. Gus is running the program into the ground ! Please prove me wrong! 

12 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Auburn is like the family that in 2018 still has a dialup modem for internet service and a Nokia flip phone.

meanwhile uat across the street has a high speed supercomputer, a dedicated sattellite and 100 experts on call 24/7.

You are referring to the football organizations of the two Universities.  Thankfully, the true reason for the purpose of the Universities, higher education, this is not true.

Bro reading this just ruined my day....I'd be upset with my younger cousins making a mistake like this and they're in high school. We really are a joke right now man.

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Bro reading this just ruined my day....I'd be upset with my younger cousins making a mistake like this and they're in high school. We really are a joke right now man.

Anyone that thinks the highly rated recruits and more importantly their families aren't seeing this situation and having doubts are crazy.  

11 hours ago, rexbo said:

You are referring to the football organizations of the two Universities.  Thankfully, the true reason for the purpose of the Universities, higher education, this is not true.

Correct

Auburn as a school is stellar and continuing to rise.

14 hours ago, Deemer 47 said:

He most likely is thinking about getting out of the dumpster fire that is the current AU football program. Let's see, Whitlow is a fragile back , it's been proven by now.  Kam Martin is unable to read any holes he is presented with. Shivers, while effective, is a change of pace back. He could not carry more than 12 to 15 times a game. Asa Martin, just like KJ, was Mr. Alabama football. He goes about 215 and Harold Joiner is even bigger and considered a great receiver. Why are they not playing more ? Blocking assignments? Please, our O line can't even get that down.  At this point play them both, or risk losing them. It's time for the entire staff, save Kevin Steele go. Gus is running the program into the ground ! Please prove me wrong! 

You are preaching to the choir, my friend.  The reason I struck out the last part of ChltteTiger's post and added:

Fixed

It 

For

You

was that if my redshirt status was screwed up by a staff that seems to be screwing everything else up as well, I might not wait around to see how next season goes before heading for greener pastures.  

On the other hand, changing schools is a major life change and sometimes it can be fun to stick around out of sheer morbid curiosity of what unexpected, crazy thing will happen next...  

11 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Not saying what is or isn't true because I don't have a premium subscription,  but here are his stats from the Auburn official website. 

Screenshot_2018-10-17-22-24-06.png

Screenshot_2018-10-17-22-24-16.png

Apparently he played on special teams against Arkansas but I’m not sure how that translates to stats if he didn’t touch the ball.  I’m not going back and watch every special team play against Arkansas but supposedly that’s where the discrepancy is.

14 hours ago, rexbo said:

Just a helpful FYI.  This site is about AU sports; mainly football.

You're looking for https://www.chronicle.com/.  Not sure if they have a comments section, but you can write a letter to them.

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Apparently he played on special teams against Arkansas but I’m not sure how that translates to stats if he didn’t touch the ball.  I’m not going back and watch every special team play against Arkansas but supposedly that’s where the discrepancy is.

Yeah, stats and participation are very different.

You play one snap in a game, you participated in that game, that game counts. Might not show up on the stat sheet but it's the participation chart that matters. 

You don’t get playing time in college football for just showing up...you have to earn it. 

20 minutes ago, creed said:

You don’t get playing time in college football for just showing up...you have to earn it. 

Unless you're Roc Thomas and promised the first touch in the Iron Bowl before even committing to AU.

Nothing will top the horrific Ryan Davis redshirt screw up his freshmen year. Put him in for that squatting tiger play against TAMU and completely burned his redshirt FOR ONE FREAKING PLAY in 2015. Still not over that knick nack paddywhack BS by gus.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Nothing will top the horrific Ryan Davis redshirt screw up his freshmen year. Put him in for that squatting tiger play against TAMU and completely burned his redshirt FOR ONE FREAKING PLAY in 2015. Still not over that knick nack paddywhack BS by gus.

This really happened? Is there nobody holding coaches accountable for stupid decisions such as this?

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yep, let's not act like this is the first time Gus has screwed up some young man's career.

Archived