Tell me how we can beat Uga

gr82b4au

12 hours ago, Win4AU said:

1. Load the box to stop the run and blitz Fromm into oblivion.  He cracks under duress.

2.  Maintain long drives while playing with pace.  Time of position must be equal or be in Auburn’s favor.  Play count needs to be in the 70-80 range.  If not you’ll see Swift or Holyfield finish Auburn off in the 4th.

3.  Take all the points available.  The 2016 Clemson game could have gone Auburn’s way if Gus had elected to take the points available.  If anyone has forgotten that’s the multi Qb game.

How could we forget whirlybird? (Cue someone posting a video)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take some shots early and connect. We score 14 in Q1 because thuga is playing run. they back off in Q2 and we run with almost no production. 3 in Q2. We come out after the half with some fire and score 21 in Q3 and hold on for dear life in Q4. Auburn wins 41 to 33. The only way I see this game going our way is if we are in more of a shoot out and thuga has to try to throw the ball to keep up.

Implement the 2014 Iron Bowl game plan. 2 minute offense all game long. But most importantly, come into the game with no fear.

We have the talent to match up with them but if you go into the game with a timid attitude then you you won't win period.

Give 'em hell, you War damn Eagle!

One can only hope there is some sort of cosmic karma going on.  Georgia beat us so many times recently when they had no business doing so. Maybe the roles will reverse and we will return the favor a few times.

Don’t allow a Dawg to have the game of their life. The one that drives me crazy in this rivalry, is we always seem to allow a coming out party for someone when we play UGA. The QBs first 100 yard rushing game, or the first 4 sacks of someone’s career, or the punter averaging 70 yards a punt. Seems like it happens every year. Here’s to hoping we prevent it in 2018. 

16 hours ago, corchjay said:

Score more points then they do.  

That about does it. Of course , does it really matter? If he wins, the moniker will be, why couldn’t we beat Tennessee and Mississippi State? Lol

Just now, DAG said:

That about does it. Of course , does it really matter? If he wins, the moniker will be, why couldn’t we beat Tennessee and Mississippi State? Lol

As petty and angry as I've been, as much as *retread comments about the future redacted*, and as pessimistic as I am about the rest of the season, I will be nothing but happy, happy, happy if we beat these sonsabyatches tomorrow. 

50 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Don’t allow a Dawg to have the game of their life. The one that drives me crazy in this rivalry, is we always seem to allow a coming out party for someone when we play UGA. The QBs first 100 yard rushing game, or the first 4 sacks of someone’s career, or the punter averaging 70 yards a punt. Seems like it happens every year. Here’s to hoping we prevent it in 2018. 

I'll give them the Punter if they'll give Stids his best QB game ever 😉

42 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

As petty and angry as I've been, as much as *retread comments about the future redacted*, and as pessimistic as I am about the rest of the season, I will be nothing but happy, happy, happy if we beat these sonsabyatches tomorrow. 

Georgia Bulldogs....

tenor.gif

If we make the big plays on O & special teams it seems we are oh so close to making every game and keep them from making 3d & longs, it should be a tight game IMHO. (Understanding turnovers & injuries will be even larger than normal in this game).

Step 1:  Have a team of fans sneak into their hotel and add super-exlax into their pre-game meal.

Step 2:  Have another team of fans sneak into the locker room and add jock itch powder to the uniforms.

Step 3:  Announce during pre-game festivities that a secret Black Friday sale has started early at Wal-Mart.  This should empty out most of the stadium, thus negating the home crowd advantage.

Step 4:  Abduct UGA and hold him for ransom.  Suggested price would be that Kirby can't coach this game.

Step 5:  Run the dive after every first down.  They'll never see it coming.

Do this and I think we gotta shot!

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Step 2:  Have another team of fans sneak into the locker room and add jock itch powder to the uniforms.

"It's like salad" came to mind...

I watch a lot of UGA's games, and I personally think Auburn's only shot and hope of winning this game is hoping to god UGA is off their element.

Physically...they just simply have the edge over us in most aspects on the field: QB, running backs, special teams, O Line/QB protection. Our receivers are neck and neck with theirs. Our D Line and linebackers are stronger than theirs. I also disagree with an "air raid" on them; Deandre Baker and their Top 10 pass defense says hello.

Mentally...it'll be tough to rattle the team, especially Jake Fromm. He's cool as a cucumber 9 times out of 10. The only times he's gotten his world rocked were on the road against SEC West teams. But if you look back to his high-stakes games in the SECCG and the National Championship? The kid owned that challenge as much as it pains me to say it. Even though they didn't win the National Championship, it really truly had nothing to do with him. 

The givens are that we can't seem to run block very well and our pass blocking will hold for just so long. We will have to beat UGa with a heavy dose of Stidham, Seth Williams, Anthony Schwartz, Ryan Davis and Darius Slayton. The game plan has to be geared around Stidham's passing strengths, creative short to medium quick release routes, safety valves and check-offs. I mentioned this in another thread but the model would be the game plan Washington State used on us in 2013. Then call enough running plays to keep them honest, throw in a good showing by our defense and we have a chance. 

Here’s how we can beat UGA. Defense and special teams need to do their job for 4 quarters. Offense needs to commit to throwing first and needs to keep the tempo going. Everybody needs to keep their head in the game and avoid mistakes. The refs need to call a fair game. All but the last one are controllable.

My 2 cents for this game???...Seth Williams = Ronnie Daniels. Anyone that remembers THAT AU/ uga game will understand. 🦅🦅🦅

4 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

The givens are that we can't seem to run block very well and our pass blocking will hold for just so long. We will have to beat UGa with a heavy dose of Stidham, Seth Williams, Anthony Schwartz, Ryan Davis and Darius Slayton. The game plan has to be geared around Stidham's passing strengths, creative short to medium quick release routes, safety valves and check-offs. I mentioned this in another thread but the model would be the game plan Washington State used on us in 2013. Then call enough running plays to keep them honest, throw in a good showing by our defense and we have a chance. 

This makes sense . Was listening to Bucky Belue on ATL station today and he was talking about the ways GA wins. Jokingly, I think, he said show up. He then went on to say they have to run well against us as Miss St and Tex AM did. He also said explosive plays and did not believe we could have any against them, as our O Line is pretty weak and that's even him admitting GA doesn't sack the QB much but that their safety's play a well positioned area of the field to negate big plays. Ok. That being said, I don't think we will be able to run that much, but I am thinking our O Line may be able to create just a couple of more seconds for Stidham. He seemed to have better touch on the ball last week. That being said, I see it AU- 19 GA- 30. I just think our running game and the O Line play are too weak this year. Living in GA, I would so love to be wrong though. Also, we need Sipsoss to keep booming punts away from Mecole Hardeman. 

18 minutes ago, WarTim said:

My 2 cents for this game???...Seth Williams = Ronnie Daniels. Anyone that remembers THAT AU/ uga game will understand. 🦅🦅🦅

Wouldn't mind you being right.

That beatdown was shocking (ly good)!

Archived