Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, ausburn said:

So basically you made your bed lie in it? Don't ask us for any help beyond what were doing?

that might make some sense. if you want to stay and make changes you have to agree to reduce your buyout and then any changes you want to make for your staff much come out of that buyout or your personal salary.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this 'deal' is that we keep Gus and Chip for less money?  How is that a deal?  These two guys don't get it done on the field  

Has anyone checked Auburn's water for lead and mercury?

27 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Sorry I’m just not buying all of this. The latest news sounds like a major smoke screen to cover up the leaked info that came out yesterday until it’s finalized. There is no way any university or AD would allow that type of turmoil to where the HC basically has no authority over the assistants.  

Normally I would agree with you but in this case ...seems like it’s true. Recipe for disaster indeed!

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What a crock of ****. He's a loser! I don't give a damn what Gus believes of himself. Why would they have any faith in him? He never backs it up.

If winning really meant more to him than anything else he’d let his coordinators do their jobs

9 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Not saying I agree or think it’s true, but this is what BM said. 

7B12B9FC-59BC-4D10-831C-889B5EE1FAA3.png

This makes no sense. Gus has always believed he can win a title, but only because he thinks HE can do it. He has never been able to give up control for that very reason. Accepting this deal takes that control away, so why would he believe he can win a title?

This is ridiculous.  We are now the laughing stock of college football.  If this pans out and Gus is still on the sidelines next season, I may not watch. When I start getting the calls and emails about season tickets and a donation, I’ll kindly let them know they will get my money when they get rid of Gus.

LOL @ people talking about Lindsey being given full control of the offense this time.  Like Charlie Brown lining up to kick that football, we never learn that Gus is Lucy and that will never happen.  When the pressure is on, Gus reverts to taking control.  That will never change.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Exactly.  Which to me is the worst of all cases we could have been presented with.  I'd feel better if they came back and said the buyout is reduced to $10 million and he's cleaning house on the offensive side of the ball, hiring either Breeze, Kendall Briles or someone else similarly exciting, maybe stealing Dell McGee from UGA as RB and Asst Head Coach.  That's a plan.  This just feels like a purely financial move and sacrificing next season.

I agree, just seems as though it’s the worst case scenario.

2 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

If winning really meant more to him than anything else he’d let his coordinators do their jobs

Yes!!! He's been getting **** for meddling too much for like 5 years! He doesn't deserve another shot. He had his shot like 3 times.

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I get it man. I don't mean that they literally said it was a done deal. If Bob Stoops was receptive to the idea of coming to Auburn and we dontake it happen, we really do suck. I don't believe it ever even happened, at this point.

It really depends on what his "coming out of retirement, fixing your b.s." price is. He could have asked for a 7 year 70 mil guarantee.

This is bordering on willful incompetence. Part of the AD's and President's job is to give our football team the best chance it can to success within whatever parameters the university deems fit. I don't see a way in which this could have been less damaging than the way it has played out. If this is all true, we're going to lose some of our best recruits, and are going to be even more short handed compared to our major rivals while being led by a lame duck coach. I feel like Chevy Chase should be starring in this movie.

I would guess he thinks he is going to turn it around next year so he is agreeing to the reduced buyout to give himself a chance to do it.  In the real world what is the difference in $10 M, $20 M and $30 M.  It’s more than any normal person would ever need.  Give me $30 M and I’m going to give 25 of it away so I don’t have to deal with it.  

🤢🤮

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

LOL @ people talking about Lindsey being given full control of the offense this time.  Like Charlie Brown lining up to kick that football, we never learn that Gus is Lucy and that will never happen.  When the pressure is on, Gus reverts to taking control.  That will never change.

Yep. Full me once. 

6 minutes ago, AURealist said:

So this 'deal' is that we keep Gus and Chip for less money?  How is that a deal?  These two guys don't get it done on the field  

Has anyone checked Auburn's water for lead and mercury?

Chip has gotten it done.  When left to call and develop game plans, our offense has been fantastic.  From all reports, the run we went on after LSU last year was all Chip on O.  Gus took the reigns back over the week of the SECC and hasn't given them back since.

2 minutes ago, api1957 said:

It really depends on what his "coming out of retirement, fixing your b.s." price is. He could have asked for a 7 year 70 mil guarantee.

Was probably about twice that in all honesty. 

Archived