Feeling better about next year

thaitopher

23 hours ago, James Howell said:

Auburn wont amount to much as long as malzahn is there.  You guys sentiment is pretty much the same as after the 2007 peach bowl when Tony Franklin took over but what happened in 2008.  Gus was calling plays in 2015 and part of 2016.  Now you can believe that gus has become a sean Payton in play calling after 1 game but I am not believing any of it.

Careful the Sunshine Corps might take away your license to dispense reality takes lol

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Slammer1 said:

After watching Bo Nix's performance in the UA All American bowl I am optimistic about this coming season. Watched an interview he had and some more of his highlights  and was impressed with his play and  his attitude and confidence. He seems like a true leader and that is what a QB has to be. Also the offensive line seems to have improved a lot. I can't remember seeing an AU team click like they did in the Music City bowl. I guess the real Stidham finally showed up.  I hope Gus and the team continue their excellent play into the coming season.

WDE!!!

The Tennessee game Stidham was a fake? I don't follow this reasoning.

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh Moore is great and I know their recruiting is getting better under Brohm.  But the kids that were on the field against AU were not highly regarded coming out of high school.  That's the point I'm making here.

Especially their OL and DL 

7 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I almost never bet on Auburn games, but this one I did for all of these reasons. At the end of the day, we still have more talent than most teams in the country, and much, much more talent than Purdue. It was going to take a lot for us to lose that game. 

Oh yeah took the points and walked like an Egyptian

52 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Why are we playing TA&M so early in the schedule this coming year??? It seems we've played them later in the season....

Good question. Looking at the schedule we play at LSU Oct 26. If TAM was in there on Nov 2 that would be a pretty tough 4 out of 5 games to end the regular season. Having Ole Miss at home on Nov 2 instead of TAM lightens the back end. Overall though it is a daunting schedule front to back.

3 hours ago, James Howell said:

First of all cam and nick fit his zone read.  However, during nick tenure he never really progressed as a downfield passer he was as likely to underthrow/overthrow receivers or hit them.

Noodle arm todd was just plain sorry I wont hold that one against malzahn.  I am not sure anyone could have done anything with noodle arm.

You mention white as a party animal.  Instead of making excuses for gus coaching you indite his ability as a coach.  I dont know if white as you say is a party animal but if you are correct he played for almost 2 years and at some point gus should recognize that white is not progressing and bench him but instead he continued to reward white bad behavior with starting.  That is sorry coaching.

In the case of stidham are you saying gus risked the well being of the team as well risking the physical health of one of his players to win games.  That not only makes gus a sorry coach but a sorry individual.  I always thought gus was a sorry coach but I thought he was a good guy

Chris Todd has Auburn passing records so he wasn’t as inept as you say.

White was in fact progressing.  He laid himself out for this team and was oft injured because of it.  It has been well discussed in depth on this forum in depth of his extra curriculars.  You are more than welcome to read the thread on it, just type his name in the search bar.  

Regarding Stidham, who else would you have played.  Stidham was hurt, but was okay enough to play and needed to play for his NFL prospects.

You can hate Malzahn all you want and some of it is warranted, but not the reasons you are describing.  Especially coming on this person’s thread where the OP was just describing how excited he/she is for the next season.  No need to rain on his/her parade, when some of what you say is misinformed due to being new to this forum.  Welcome to AUFamily by the way.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

White was in fact progressing.  He laid himself out for this team and was oft injured because of it.  It has been well discussed in depth on this forum in depth of his extra curriculars.  You are more than welcome to read the thread on it, just type his name in the search bar.  

Regarding Stidham, who else would you have played.  Stidham was hurt, but was okay enough to play and needed to play for his NFL prospects.

You can hate Malzahn all you want and some of it is warranted, but not the reasons you are describing.  Especially coming on this person’s thread where the OP was just describing how excited he/she is for the next season.  No need to rain on his/her parade, when some of what you say is misinformed due to being new to this forum.  Welcome to AUFamily anways.  

It’s also a well documented fact that Malzahn has never had a high school QB recruit actually do well in college. And I think that was his point. White is to date his most successful. I also don’t agree with people dissing these guys like Johnson and White like it was their fault they failed at AU. It may be or it may not be their fault. We on the message board certainly don’t know and stating it like fact as you do I think is irresponsible. It was also stated on here that we were hiring Stoops and Malzahn was being stripped of power and forced to sign a new contract. All that was varying degrees of BS. When Malzahn has one QB that he actually develops make it then i’ll be more inclined to point to the kids when they don’t work out. Currently the only thing they all have in common is Malzahn. /rant

15 minutes ago, gravejd said:

It’s also a well documented fact that Malzahn has never had a high school QB recruit actually do well in college. And I think that was his point. White is to date his most successful. I also don’t agree with people dissing these guys like Johnson and White like it was their fault they failed at AU. It may be or it may not be their fault. We on the message board certainly don’t know and stating it like fact as you do I think is irresponsible. It was also stated on here that we were hiring Stoops and Malzahn was being stripped of power and forced to sign a new contract. All that was varying degrees of BS. When Malzahn has one QB that he actually develops make it then i’ll be more inclined to point to the kids when they don’t work out. Currently the only thing they all have in common is Malzahn. /rant

I think that is fair.  But there is a time and place for each kind of post.  Those weren’t warranted here as you well know there are many other threads dedicated to that on here as of late.  And what I was stating as fact does not come from me, they come from those on here who do have credibility from within the program.  And regarding the Josh Moon debacle, I said all along to not act impulsively to these posts.  To let some time pass before judgement itself is passed.  Even on the second Moon article I even questioned on here why we continued to listen to him.  Key is to not get too high, or too low.  

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

It was also stated on here that we were hiring Stoops and Malzahn was being stripped of power and forced to sign a new contract. 

No it wasn't.

Next season is a toss-up. Should be fun.

Joey Gatewood=Felipe Franks....what this means....a good athlete playing QB...runs well, but passing isn't his strength...can throw the ball a mile, but passing is weak...but will get better with more experience....kinda like Felipe is becoming... 

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

You can hate Malzahn all you want and some of it is warranted, but not the reasons you are describing.  Especially coming on this person’s thread where the OP was just describing how excited he/she is for the next season.  No need to rain on his/her parade, when some of what you say is misinformed due to being new to this forum.  Welcome to AUFamily by the way.

Please tell me what passing records todd set.  He set a single season record for touchdowns wow whe n you throw a screen and running back scores.  So dont talk to me about noodle arm and records.

If white was progressing how could a guy that had not played football in over a year come in and beat him out.

As for stidham who would play.  That is correct your great coach does not prepare backups to take over.  You guys make all the excuses for gus like no other coach has to go out and compete with injured players.  Poor gus.  Why dont you guys stop the gus doesnt win because crap.

34 minutes ago, James Howell said:

Please tell me what passing records todd set.  He set a single season record for touchdowns wow whe n you throw a screen and running back scores.  So dont talk to me about noodle arm and records.

If white was progressing how could a guy that had not played football in over a year come in and beat him out.

As for stidham who would play.  That is correct your great coach does not prepare backups to take over.  You guys make all the excuses for gus like no other coach has to go out and compete with injured players.  Poor gus.  Why dont you guys stop the gus doesnt win because crap.

Sure thing:  Todd set all-time Auburn school records for most touchdown passes in a season and for the longest pass in school history. He also tied the Auburn single-game record with five touchdown passes against Ball State in 2009.  Screens won’t do that.

Sean White was suspended two games before being dismissed 09/18/17.  Never had a chance to play, and Stidham was more of a talent.  Bigger size and bigger arm.  Are you really saying JS shouldn’t have started?

And you are correct Gus hasn’t developed a cableable backup quarterback although the only backup I have ever been pleased with is Sean White.  The rest I personally didn’t think could backup our starter.  

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I think that is fair.  But there is a time and place for each kind of post.  Those weren’t warranted here as you well know there are many other threads dedicated to that on here as of late.  And what I was stating as fact does not come from me, they come from those on here who do have credibility from within the program.  And regarding the Josh Moon debacle, I said all along to not act impulsively to these posts.  To let some time pass before judgement itself is passed.  Even on the second Moon article I even questioned on here why we continued to listen to him.  Key is to not get too high, or too low.  

What credible people said Johnson was lazy? He just wasn't good. Either way that's on Gus too though. Just about everything on this board actually lies somewhere in the middle

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What credible people said Johnson was lazy? He just wasn't good. Either way that's on Gus too though. Just about everything on this board actually lies somewhere in the middle

PM’d you on whom.  Not going to call their name out publicly on the forum.  Especially when they have nothing to do with this thread.

Edit: You can’t receive messages for some reason?  Try sending me a message and I can respond to it.  

Bama doesn’t look soo tuff 😁.  Too bad Nix can’t be the first Freshman to win the Natty but 2nd ain’t bad.  Tiger Bowl 2020

On 1/6/2019 at 7:56 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Look you don’t have to be a sunshine pumper to know Auburn definitely has the talent to win big next year. I’m sure we will be in the top 15 in Preseason maybe even the top 10 if one of our QBs take the lead coming out of spring and we do have talent at QB , maybe not proven yet but their talent is there. Bottom line is Gus. Will he show he has a set or fade down the stretch like he has lately. If he loses one early I expect he will implode and we will have a 6-6 or 5-7 season. If he can stay on track and get through the first six without losing or nearly losing then we might have a chance to finish strong. Bottom line is it’s all on Gus.

Really? 

12 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Stidham's feelings were hurt. 

25 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Really? 

We finished unranked and we lose our QB, top 2 WRs, starting LBs... I mean, that screams preseason top 5 to me TBQH. 

10 hours ago, abw0004 said:

PM’d you on whom.  Not going to call their name out publicly on the forum.  Especially when they have nothing to do with this thread.

Edit: You can’t receive messages for some reason?  Try sending me a message and I can respond to it.  

I receive a bunch of fan mail!

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I receive a bunch of fan mail!

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I receive a bunch of fan mail!

tenor.gif

Cole, just as a hint you were talking to him this morning I believe.  I reached out to this person today and he confirmed what I said about JJ.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:59 AM, abw0004 said:

Not necessarily.  If you look back at his quarterbacks, he has adapted to their skills.  Chris Todd, Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, and Jarrett Stidham all were different and thrived in his system.  Now Jeremy Johnson had motivation issues and was lazy in practice.  Sean White liked to party.  You can lead a horse to water, but can't force them to drink.  That can't be on the coaches, and both of those quarterbacks were highly coveted.  Jarrett Stidham this year was revealed after our bowl win that he had an injury all year.  My guess was it was the hit in the Washington game, as before that hit he was lighting Washington up like in the Purdue game.   This upcoming year, Bo Nix is more of a Jarrrett Stidham type in that fact that he can isn't inept at running but his forte is in the passing game.  Reports in camp has said that Joey Gatewood has made strides in his development.  Not all doom and gloom when it comes to Gus and quarterbacks.

Prove it or remove it. 

Archived