Kansas game time

eulessau

Anybody have any idea what channel and time for the Kansas game?  Will be out of town and want to set up to record.  If not, does anyone know when they will set times?

I can't figure if this is a good time or not.  It is going to be late at night.  So either that is good to give us a little extra rest or it is going to be bad because we are going to be tired.  Hopefully it is good and we have some rest.

31 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I can't figure if this is a good time or not.  It is going to be late at night.  So either that is good to give us a little extra rest or it is going to be bad because we are going to be tired.  Hopefully it is good and we have some rest.

Sucks for me, I'll tell ya that much. 

No damn reason to pander to the West Coast with these game times on a Saturday. 8 games on Saturday and only 3 of them start before 7:00 PM Eastern. Total BS. 

This is the best news our team could've gotten IMO

I thought it was kinda weird we had such an early local tip time vs NMSU. 11:30AM when they could've slotted one of the many games in the EST time zone there. 7:40pm local tip means it will likely be close to a full house in the Vivant Center - - mainly Kansas fans so this is going to be a hostile environment against us

9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

This is the best news our team could've gotten IMO

I thought it was kinda weird we had such an early local tip time vs NMSU. 11:30AM when they could've slotted one of the many games in the EST time zone there. 7:40pm local tip means it will likely be close to a full house in the Vivant Center - - mainly Kansas fans so this is going to be a hostile environment against us

We’ll probably have some fans that are not Auburn fans- this is a blue blood, most fans want to see upsets, and even though we’re favored, this is an upset in the eyes of a lot of fans 

I'm more worried about our guys getting tense waiting all day on the game to get started. Kansas players have a lot more experience dealing with the situation. Plus with the way MNST ended i think our guys will be ready to get out there and play well to prove that ending was a fluke. Hope they don't get to antsy

We need rest more than anything else.     Getting the late game after the early game yesterday gives us the most time off possible which is the only good thing about this draw that has happened so far.

I love it. Milk as much rest and prep as we can. It's not a crazy late start for our guys (7:40 where they are). Plus, for us, playing in prime time is still a big deal. Looking forward to it!

There has to be a relatively short and accessible list of strategies to deal with late starts, right? Especially accessible to an established pro and motivational guru like Pearl. 

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

I'm more worried about our guys getting tense waiting all day on the game to get started. Kansas players have a lot more experience dealing with the situation. Plus with the way MNST ended i think our guys will be ready to get out there and play well to prove that ending was a fluke. Hope they don't get to antsy

Kansas starts 4 freshmen if I’m not mistaken, so those players aren’t used to the environment! But I get what you’re saying that as a program they have more experience with this atmosphere.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

No damn reason to pander to the West Coast with these game times on a Saturday. 8 games on Saturday and only 3 of them start before 7:00 PM Eastern. Total BS. 

4 of them start before 7 eastern.   11:10, 1:40, 4:15, 5:10 and the next one starts just after 7 eastern at 6:10 central.   But there is a simple solution to this.   1.  DVR it and watch it later.  2.  Get out of the Eastern time zone.      I love how they have them scheduled because they overlap a little but can flip to the game that's already in the 2nd half to see the ending if its a close game UNLESS of course the Auburn game is on, then the channel doesn't get changed.

Just now, WarTiger said:

But there is a simple solution to this.   1.  DVR it and watch it later.  2.  Get out of the Eastern time zone.

Cute. 

As for the actual times, thank you for the correction. Don't even remember what I saw but I either it was wrong or I misread it. I haven't been majorly wrong about anything so far today so I was overdue to look stupid. 

Still. It sucks for any game to be starting after 9:00 on this side of the Atlantic. 

Seriously, thanks again. 

Better than in the middle of a work day.  Imagine a man in a suit (minus a tie) sprinting out of a building because a partner of his knew the score and was trying to talk about the game with him.  That was me yesterday.  Now I can sit on my couch next to my aquarium and have a heart attack.  #Lifegoals

38 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Better than in the middle of a work day.  Imagine a man in a suit (minus a tie) sprinting out of a building because a partner of his knew the score and was trying to talk about the game with him.  That was me yesterday.  Now I can sit on my couch next to my aquarium and have a heart attack.  #Lifegoals

I totally had the phone resting on my keyboard setup going. It wasn't perfect but it was good enough. 

I don't have time (as I haven't much of this season) to do a full preview, but I have identified some areas that should encourage us going into this game. Many of the stat comparisons with Kansas are very even across the board, as is our record, and many of the metric rankings. However, in the stats you will find that our weaknesses don't particularly align with Kansas's strengths. (Example: Kansas Off Rebounds/Gm9.3 (#107) AU Offensive Rebounds allowed per game 8.9 (#241)Opp Off Rebounds/Gm).

We allow too many offensive rebounds per game, but Kansas isn't an elite offensive rebounding team. However, there are a couple areas of stats that line up in our favor quite dramatically. I have discussed previously how one of the ways we win even when we don't shoot a high percentage is we find a way to out attempt other teams. Well Kansas is particularly bad about that: (AU FGA/Game60.3 (#58) Kansas Opp 61.1 (#308)Opp FGA/Game). They are one of the worst in college basketball and we are towards the top in attempts per game. Also: ( AU 3PA/Game30.0 (#4) Kansas Opp 25.5 (#316)Opp 3PA/Game). They are even worse at 3pts attempts given up and we nearly lead the nation in attempts. Further: (AU 3PM/Game11.4 (#3) Kansas Opp 8.5 (#271)Opp 3PM/Game). They allow one of the nations highest amounts of 3pts made per game, and we again are elite here. 

One of the ways we get all these attempts is by turning teams over. Guess who is not very good in this area? First, we aren't great at limiting turnovers, but Kansas isn't good at forcing them: (AU Turnovers/Game12.1 (#92) Kansas Opp 12.8 (#175)Opp Turnovers/Game,  AU Turnovers/Play14.9% (#74) Kansas Opp 15.7% (#215)Opp Turnovers/Play). But when you look at Kansas vs our defense: ( Kansas Turnovers/Game13.0 (#181) AU Opp 17.5 (#4)Opp Turnovers/Game, Kansas Turnovers/Play16.0% (#161) AU Opp 21.9% (#1)Opp Turnovers/Play). Again they are weak in this area and we are elite. 

So two areas of concern for them are areas of strength for us, where our primary area of concern is not a strength of theirs. If we show up and play an average game on both ends,  I think it is enough for the win. 

Thank you @JwgreDeux!!!

That is encouraging!  If we create turnovers and make 3’s, we beat whoever we play!  It sounds like there is a good chance we can do this against UK.   

So now, if we lose, I am blaming you for getting my hopes up.   JK😁

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Here here! Screw the west coast. They're all too busy protesting something to watch bball anyway.

20 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Here here! Screw the west coast. They're all too busy protesting something to watch bball anyway.

West Coast Rocks!! Prime time baby!!

Archived