2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Going 500 on the road against your rivals isn’t having a road monkey on their back. And it’s laughable to even think it does.

We’re discussing opinions right now, a lot of things I’ve been quoted with in the past few hours contain laughable content depending on who’s the one laughing. What does saying that add to the conversation other than nothing? 

• ellitor changed the title to ***2020 5* F Greg Brown (Commit Watch: 4/24) ***

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is my way of thinking on Chris Moore and JT Thor + Jaylin Williams wrong? I feel like if Brown wants to play SF he now knows AU has the talent and bodies at PF to allow him to do that.  Much lower risk of AU being the team that tells him he can play where he wants and then forces him to play 4 when practice starts. 

3 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Is my way of thinking on Chris Moore and JT Thor + Jaylin Williams wrong? I feel like if Brown wants to play SF he now knows AU has the talent and bodies at PF to allow him to do that.  Much lower risk of AU being the team that tells him he can play where he wants and then forces him to play 4 when practice starts. 

He would play a 4 for AU. I'm not saying he's anywhere near as talent but GB is a Chris Webber type player.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

He would play a 4 for AU. I'm not saying he's anywhere near as talent but GB is a Chris Webber type player.

Does that mean Thor would play the 5? I mean, if we get Brown, how do you find playing time for 3-4 guys who all play the 4?

8 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Does that mean Thor would play the 5? I mean, if we get Brown, how do you find playing time for 3-4 guys who all play the 4?

There may not necessarily be a 5 when Stretch is not on the floor.

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There may not necessarily be a 5 when Stretch is not on the floor.

Yeah, as long as one of the “4’s” we bring on is capable of covering the opponent’s 5, I think we’ll see a lot of time with two of our “4’s” out there together. Bruce doesn’t seem shy about just throwing a bunch of athletes out there together, assuming he’s got them. 

10 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Yeah, as long as one of the “4’s” we bring on is capable of covering the opponent’s 5, I think we’ll see a lot of time with two of our “4’s” out there together. Bruce doesn’t seem shy about just throwing a bunch of athletes out there together, assuming he’s got them. 

Yup! For example, Mclemore played the “five” quite a bit.

@bigbird You may get your wish on the slashers, not once but twice. From what I just read from a good source Bruce is pitching to GB he can play the 3 often as well as some other positions. Based on his highlights posted a page or 2 back he can definitely slash & be a mis match for 3s, most of which will be smaller than GB.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@bigbird You may get your wish on the slashers, not once but twice. From what I just read from a good source Bruce is pitching to GB he can play the 3 often as well as some other positions. Based on his highlights posted a page or 2 back he can definitely slash & be a mis match for 3s, most of which will be smaller than GB.

Tell that to Marshmellow and KN. HOW FAR BEHIND IS THEIR INTEL?!?!?! MERRRRRRRCY!!!!!! They did a IG live this afternoon and said there is no chatter about GB to AU good or bad. I am so frustrated with 247 bball recruiting intel. AND YES I did become a member again of rivals solely on the fact their bball recruiting content is so much better.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Tell that to Marshmellow and KN. HOW FAR BEHIND IS THEIR INTEL?!?!?! MERRRRRRRCY!!!!!! They did a IG live this afternoon and said there is no chatter about GB to AU good or bad. I am so frustrated with 247 bball recruiting intel. AND YES I did become a member again of rivals solely on the fact their bball recruiting content is so much better.

I agree. AU needs a basketball reporter that sometimes comments on other sports. Right now, it's Keith, Marcello, and Jason that all comment on bball sometimes, but really are usually focused on fball. 

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I agree. AU needs a basketball reporter that sometimes comments on other sports. Right now, it's Keith, Marcello, and Jason that all comment on bball sometimes, but really are usually focused on fball. 

What they really need is some national guys to step & report on our targets like Corey Evans & Eric Bossi. As much crap as we deservedly give Corey he was the 1st one to report AU has likely taken the lead for GB. Also help the Bunker has about 3-4 level headed good insiders who aren't emotional unlike the 1 basketball insider AUC has.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What they really need is some national guys to step & report on our targets like Corey Evans & Eric Bossi. As much crap as we deservedly give Corey he was the 1st one to report AU has likely taken the lead for GB. Also help the Bunker has about 3-4 level headed good insiders who aren't emotional unlike the 1 basketball insider AUC has.

E, we don’t need to be nice to Evans IMO. He has nothing for AU. He said all the recruits were going elsewhere. We got Thor and he said Okie State. Forget him. I do agree we need writers that are more loyal to us.

2 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

E, we don’t need to be nice to Evans IMO. He has nothing for AU. He said all the recruits were going elsewhere

Not being nice to him, just giving credit where credit is due. And no he didn’t say all the current recruits were going elsewhere, as posted to just above, he’s the first one to say we lead for Brown.

Just now, JFDTiger80 said:

E, we don’t need to be nice to Evans IMO. He has nothing for AU. He said all the recruits were going elsewhere. We got Thor and he said Okie State. Forget him. I do agree we need writers that are more loyal to us.

Our 247 reporters are some of the best in the business when it comes to football. Always have very good info and put out lists and expectations a LOT. 

What they have failed to do is adapt that model to basketball coverage as our success has grown. I hope they realize that over the next few years as the demand for basketball recruiting info is going up quickly in Auburn, AL. I don't think they've done a good job realizing that. 

This reporter said just now on his IG live that the buzz for Auburn and GB3 is legit! WOOOO!!!! COME THROUGH FOR US GB2!! COME THROUGH POPS!!!! 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

This reporter said just now on his IG live the buzz said the buzz for GB3 is legit! WOOOO!!!! COME THROW GB2!

Love you man but can you translate for us simple readin folk?

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Love you man but can you translate for a simple read in folk?

I was about to ask the same thing E.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Love you man but can you translate for a simple read in folk?

He thinks Auburn is getting GB3 and has for awhile now.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

He thinks Auburn is getting GB3 and has for awhile now.

What was the GB2 part? A typo?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

What was the GB2 part? A typo?

GB2 is his dad. Greg Brown Junior. COME THROUGH AS KEEP STEERING HIM TO AU POPS!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

Archived