2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He’s been liking some Auburn stuff but I don’t see it happening

Exactly my thoughts. Thor was liking Oklahoma State stuff the night before he committed. There is no suspense or give a damn About his announcement now. Texas fans don't care about basketball and it's leaked out that the obvious choice all along is where he's heading.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

im telling you this guy messed up putting it anywhere near Jalen's lol. Although Jalen is doing the same thing as him at this point, just GLeague instead

Unless he picks somewhere that isn’t Texas he’ll have zero hype.

1 hour ago, lutzcammed said:

realistically, how many high school graduates could the G league take? top 10" top 20" top 30" ?     

they can't and won't  turn down 500 k. 

The post I saw said they would try to take 3 to 5 but not sure how many they can.

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Unless he picks somewhere that isn’t Texas he’ll have zero hype.

Hype don’t mean jack! If he can play he will be drafted hi when it’s his time.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hype don’t mean jack! If he can play he will be drafted hi when it’s his time.

Lol pretty sure he just meant hype, intrigue and drama heading in to his commitment.

I think if Jalen comes, then Greg Brown comes. I said earlier, Logic be darned, we get all three. 

54 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Now that Halen is going pro, does that mean you think Greg will turn pro too?

Texas

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

NCAA coaches need to speak up

It needs to be pro or AU. No need to waste anytime with Texas which is like punting for a whole season lol.

“Everything is open for discussion with me,” Brown’s father, Greg Brown Jr., told The Chop Shop on Thursday. “Everything has to be a good fit. Everything has to align. We’re not going to make a decision to do anything haphazardly or just because somebody else did it — that’s got nothing to do with us.”
https://www.burntorangenation.com/platform/amp/2020/4/16/21223926/jalen-green-greg-brown-isaiah-todd-nba-g-league-pathway?utm_campaign=sbn_wescott&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Just now, Dunndone414 said:

“Everything is open for discussion with me,” Brown’s father, Greg Brown Jr., told The Chop Shop on Thursday. “Everything has to be a good fit. Everything has to align. We’re not going to make a decision to do anything haphazardly or just because somebody else did it — that’s got nothing to do with us.”
https://www.burntorangenation.com/platform/amp/2020/4/16/21223926/jalen-green-greg-brown-isaiah-todd-nba-g-league-pathway?utm_campaign=sbn_wescott&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Then... don’t go to Texas because it’s close to home. They offer nothing else of value. 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

NCAA coaches need to speak up

It won't do any good. College coaches and the NCAA have no leg to stand on. What can they do other than complain?

Too many options with the money out there, especially in the NBA and their affiliates.

I think there are plenty of very good players to go after, and it might be best to go after those that are in the between 20- 150 best HS basketball players, and fill in with GTs and TP players.

Its just a lot of recruiting for these top 5 or top 10 guys, and you have little time to find really good players when we are talking mid April for our signing date...

Just now, steeleagle said:

It won't do any good. College coaches and the NCAA have no leg to stand on. What can they do other than complain?

Too many options with the money out there, especially in the NBA and their affiliates.

I think there are plenty of very good players to go after, and it might be best to go after those that are in the between 20- 150 best HS basketball players, and fill in with GTs and TP players.

Its just a lot of recruiting for these top 5 or top 10 guys, and you have little time to find really good players when we are talking mid April for our signing date...

As a matter of fact..I would change the final College basketball signing period almost right after HS basketball is over, so these players have to make quicker decisions. Waiting till mid April makes it easier for them to go G League, NBL than for colleges to find any left over college transfers to recruit...

18 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Regardless, it’s not going to be us apparently 

4 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Agreed. Gotta keep college ball interesting to high profile recruits

College basketball doesn't need high profile recruits to be interesting. A good argument can be made that the game would be better without the high profiles & then having the rest stay longer thus making the game play better,

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Then... don’t go to Texas because it’s close to home. They offer nothing else of value. 

The feeling of "being safer" being closer to home amid the Rona is carrying a lot of weight right now

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The feeling of "being safer" being closer to home amid the Rona is carrying a lot of weight right now

Damn Roma, it took our jobs! (Insert South Park voices)

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well JHead said we are sitting in a much better position than national analysts are giving us credit for.

But let's be real he's going to the G league with that offer.

Archived