Boey Nixwood

AUght2win

Just watched A-Day. I'm sold.

Joey is going to be harrrrd to stop as a runner. Which will alleviate the pressure for him to be precise through the air, much the same way it alleviated Nick Marshall. 

Bo Nix looks unreal. He is a gamer. He is poised. He is creative. He is accurate. He is fearless. We have something extremely special with him.

I don't know who will start, but I imagine they both will play. No doubt that Bo is ready. 

I believe Bo is a special talent for sure, and the future looks very bright. Having said that, he has a ways to go before he can make the correct reads pre-snap. I have no doubt though that he’s gonna pick it up pretty fast, and that’s where CGM is going to have to make some decisions. So, unless Joey is lights out and can make up the difference, between himself and Bo’s passing ability/game IQ, with his legs it’ll be tough to redshirt Bo Nix!

9 minutes ago, toddc said:

I believe Bo is a special talent for sure, and the future looks very bright. Having said that, he has a ways to go before he can make the correct reads pre-snap. I have no doubt though that he’s gonna pick it up pretty fast, and that’s where CGM is going to have to make some decisions. So, unless Joey is lights out and can make up the difference, between himself and Bo’s passing ability/game IQ, with his legs it’ll be tough to redshirt Bo Nix!

It will be fun watching fall camp unfold to see who is going to toss and carry the rock for 2019.  My gut goes with Joey at least the first few games and who knows.  This could turn into a really good problem if handled correctly could see both QBs making some noise. I cannot lie in that I am a team Gatewood fan, but will welcome Bo if he is the one called on to the starter.

Hopefully Gatewood is doing 300 pushups and 1000 sit-ups tonight. Gonna have to carry the team in the fall. 

12 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Love the title of this thread.  And in this vein, can we get them both to wear the same number and just switch them in and out.  No one would know...😂

Hear, hear. Knew I was going to like it before I opened it.

Let's get our best people on this. There's gotta be some weirdo in the vet school who has had success making horse/cow hybrids or something. It's 2019, nothing is impossible. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hear, hear. Knew I was going to like it before I opened it.

Let's get our best people on this. There's gotta be some weirdo in the vet school who has had success making horse/cow hybrids or something. It's 2019, nothing is impossible. 

Island of Dr. Moreau sequel sounds great. 

FINALLY!!!

Somebody that can give Wade Christopher a challenge 😎

Better yet Joey’s body, Malik’s speed, and Bo’s accuracy and you’d have a helluva Qb.  I hope Auburn gets enough big leads this season to let Nix play his 4 games and redshirt and Willis get mop up in the rest.  Everyone gets to play and be a contributor and Nix gets an extra year.

18 hours ago, toddc said:

Nothing I saw in the spring game suggested he had pre-snap read problems. What stuck out to me was the freeze play. Bo rolled to his right with literally no blockers. Eyes downfield entire time. Throws across his body to find Stove in a window. That is a play a lot of seniors can't make. 

18 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Hopefully Gatewood is doing 300 pushups and 1000 sit-ups tonight. Gonna have to carry the team in the fall. 

Don't get this take. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

That is a play a lot of seniors can't make.

Have really been hoping that one or more of this group will bring certain instincts that we haven't always had. Hopefully that is in inoffensive and optimistic way of saying it. 

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Nothing I saw in the spring game suggested he had pre-snap read problems. What stuck out to me was the freeze play. Bo rolled to his right with literally no blockers. Eyes downfield entire time. Throws across his body to find Stove in a window. That is a play a lot of seniors can't make. 

Even CGM said that he had trouble with pre-snap  reads in the game. I also believe he made some great plays because of football IQ which I also stated.

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Better yet Joey’s body, Malik’s speed, and Bo’s accuracy and you’d have a helluva Qb.  I hope Auburn gets enough big leads this season to let Nix play his 4 games and redshirt and Willis get mop up in the rest.  Everyone gets to play and be a contributor and Nix gets an extra year.

SPEED!? WHAT SPEED?! lol He runs like a new born baby deer. Joey is faster than him easily. 

5 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Gatewood is probably faster than Willis, but Willis might have a bit more quickness/shiftiness about him. Either way, my money is on Gatewood starting against Oregon.

8 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

FINALLY!!!

Somebody that can give Wade Christopher a challenge 😎

BLASPHEMY!!!!!

5 hours ago, Win4AU said:

All I can guarantee you is Bo Nix will not redshirt.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Have really been hoping that one or more of this group will bring certain instincts that we haven't always had. Hopefully that is in inoffensive and optimistic way of saying it. 

Football sense.

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

All I can guarantee you is Bo Nix will not redshirt.

If Joey wins the job and with the new redshirt rules why waste a year of eligibility?  Bo could get good reps in 4 games and still be a Freshman in 2020.  That’s Kent State and Tulane to start the year before Auburn hits SEC play.  If Joey struggles then you can bring in Nix.  If Joey is playing well then the only other easier games would be Arkansas and Samford. That’s 4 games of 2nd half action.  Maybe Auburn beats up on the Mississippi schools too and you give Willis some love.  The rest of the games will be slugfests based on early season predictions.

sorry to be a downer but i hate the boey nixwood name. plus these guys deserve their own full names. i know it is a small thing but it still bothers me. it just reminds me of grade school. bang away at me if you must. i am being honest.

30 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

sorry to be a downer but i hate the boey nixwood name. plus these guys deserve their own full names. i know it is a small thing but it still bothers me. it just reminds me of grade school. bang away at me if you must. i am being honest.

Image result for aaron rodgers relax gif

Archived