AU related G League combine news and notes.

GwillMac6

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a promise. Like I've always said if I'm a championship competing team I'm all over him

DeAndre Hunter is projected to go top five. Chuma is a better shooter with better offensive post game, and he’s nearly an equal as a defender. Plus he’s younger. If Hunter is a top ten guy (no objection from me), Chuma is a steal on the backend of the first round. 

41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Sounds like a promise. Like I've always said if I'm a championship competing team I'm all over him

tenor.gif

😫 that i'll never get to see Chuma in an AU uniform  .

But ecstatic to hear he is likely to have an opportunity to pursue his dreams in the NBA. He is a very unique talent with everything that he can do. When i was reading through the top 100 NBA players i was thinking to myself Chuma outplayed several that are ranked ahead of him. 

Beyond stoked to hear Harper is performing well. I want him to make the NBA so bad......partly because he has worked so hard and achieved so much for my university. But also because i've been saying all year that has to be a place in the NBA for a player with his skill set. Height be damned!!

Spurs have 19, 29, and 49.  That 29th pick would be perfect fit for the Spurs and Chuma.  I can dream...

Okeke has a chance to go to a really good organization if he lasts til  the lower end of 1st round. Could be a great long-term help to his career. He would be a perfect fit for the Warriors and their style of play.

22 minutes ago, CR said:

He would be a perfect fit for the Warriors and their style of play.

tenor.gif

Actually, he looks more like a Rocket to me. Volume 3-point shooter who defends multiple positions, rebounds well, and doesn’t need the ball to score. I could see a PJ Tucker role. 

Pretty much every team has at least one player like chumma, the way the NBA is played now you have to. You can go all the way back to his high school thread here I've been screaming to the top of my lungs his versatility on defense will make him a pro. When he started playing I was explaining how he was the best person on our team. His draft thread explaining NBA people aren't thinking he needs to average 20 to be a first round draft pick.

There are many players you could compare him to from kwai Leonard to jaylon Brown to jimmy Butler as far as upside. Every single team could use a guy like this, and they are a hot commodity. Watch the things that end up being said about Harper and Brown as well. It will be the same things I would talk about. Harper a good athlete but people will be more interested on him running a team than his scoring, Brown can he defend bigger players and can he handle the ball....

As far as chumma can guard 4 positions which means you minimize mismatches created by setting the high pick, with chumma it may even end up better that he guards the shooters, this leads to less space given and less confusion on defense.

I'm personally very happy he's not coming back.  It'll be a short term blow when SEC play rolls around next year but Bruce coming off a Final 4 and putting someone in the NBA is gonna be hell on wheels with the 2020 class.  The more players that make the league the better for AU.

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

There are many players you could compare him to from kwai Leonard to jaylon Brown to jimmy Butler as far as upside. 

Robert Horry is another that would be comparable.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Robert Horry is another that would be comparable.

Exactly who I thought of when McGuf said Houston. 

8 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

If Bruce gets 2 players in the NBA this season we're gonna see some Memphis type recruiting in our future. 

Who are these people they are playing against? I hope they get opportunities to play summer league ball

Archived