Women's World Cup

AUBwins

This deserves a thread for what the US and my girl Alex Morgan did today.  13-0 with Alex getting 5 goals! They weren't all cheap goals. The footwork to get those goals was superb. I heard the score earlier today but still watched on FS1 tonight.  The US was very crisp and lethal.  

Disclaimer: Thailand is no where near the same planet as this US squad, but the US broke the WWC record for margin of victory,  goals scored in a single match,  goals scored in single half (10) and Alex tied the American record in a WWC match. 

tenor.gif

They deserve to be paid twice as much as the joke of a men's soccer team the US has.  Why no one has stepped up to pay them more is confusing.  Women's soccer is the definition of elite in a sport.

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

This deserves a thread for what the US and my girl Alex Morgan did today.  13-0 with Alex getting 5 goals! They weren't all cheap goals. The footwork to get those goals was superb. I heard the score earlier today but still watched on FS1 tonight.  The US was very crisp and lethal.  

Disclaimer: Thailand is no where near the same planet as this US squad, but the US broke the WWC record for margin of victory,  goals scored in a single match,  goals scored in single half (10) and Alex tied the American record in a WWC match. 

tenor.gif

Your girl.....................excuse me but she mine and my Orlando Pride buddy.....

Image result for alex morgan soccer orlando pride 2019

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Your girl.....................excuse me but she mine and my Orlando Pride buddy.....

Image result for alex morgan soccer orlando pride 2019

Well in my dreams you are no where to be found. 

She is great though.  Have you met her, being in the Orlando area? 

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well in my dreams you are no where to be found. 

She is great though.  Have you met her, being in the Orlando area? 

Thank god I'm not that would be weird......................:poke: and yes met her once at a special event the Pride was having. 

The celebration thing is going to have to come up eventually. The ladies acted like complete jerks. After goals 6-7, don’t be afraid to keep scoring, but subdue your celebration a bit.

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

The celebration thing is going to have to come up eventually. The ladies acted like complete jerks. After goals 6-7, don’t be afraid to keep scoring, but subdue your celebration a bit.

I found Rapinoe celebration excessive for sure, she has scored plenty of goals to know how to handle it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Man, the women are so, so good. France was probably the toughest test remaining. Chippy game with Rapinoe scoring a brace to send us to the semis, where we’ll meet England. 

Women win a wild one against England to advance to the final 2-1. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

What a save!

In truth, it was a pretty poorly taken PK, though. A lot had to go right for Naeher to make that save though, and she guessed right and smothered it well.

50 minutes ago, AUDub said:

In truth, it was a pretty poorly taken PK, though. A lot had to go right for Naeher to make that save though, and she guessed right and smothered it well.

Yea I thought so, but stepping up in that moment was almost like she was finally respected as the new GK after Solo left. Just a clutch play.  Not sure she saves it if UK goes top shelf instead of bottom.  Like you said, great guess. 

Yeah, that was a poorly taken penalty in a well played game by both sides. VAR saved the US though with the offsides. I did think on the initial replay that she was offside but it was so close that it wouldn't have mattered, but the video made it matter. 

21 hours ago, jared52 said:

Yeah, that was a poorly taken penalty in a well played game by both sides. VAR saved the US though with the offsides. I did think on the initial replay that she was offside but it was so close that it wouldn't have mattered, but the video made it matter. 

VAR has been ridiculous. Seems like 80% of what they review gets reversed. 

23 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

All the var overturns I’ve seen have been correct.  There has been lots of var  discussion but I’ve not sawn a definitive bad var decision yet

It was the correct call, but man, so close for England. The human eye couldn't have caught that, but that's why we have replay. I supposed I'd rather it be correct myself, but such a painful reversal for what was undoubtably mere millimeters of difference.

7 hours ago, jared52 said:

It was the correct call, but man, so close for England. The human eye couldn't have caught that, but that's why we have replay. I supposed I'd rather it be correct myself, but such a painful reversal for what was undoubtably mere millimeters of difference.

Almost made me glad that the PK got reversed - only because we saved it.  That kind of took the wind out of any VAR complaints by England.  

VAR review on a possible foul on Morgan in the box. 

VAR review overturns the call on the field. PK for the USA. 

Rapinoe gives us the lead. 1-0 in the 61st. 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

This is over now.

That tackle from Dunn that freed Lavalle for the run. World effing class. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

That tackle from Dunn that freed Lavalle for the run. World effing class. 

Uh huh.  Absolutely perfect timing on that challenge.

Archived