uat nonconference schedule under scrutiny

Bottomfeeder

And their SEC East opponents this year are UTk and USCe, projected as 5&6 in the East.  We play UF and UGA, projected as 1&2 in the East.  Thanks SEC Office.  

These schedules are made yrs in advance and UAT's own fans have been complaining about Duke as the opener for years.  

18 hours ago, around4ever said:

And their SEC East opponents this year are UTk and USCe, projected as 5&6 in the East.  We play UF and UGA, projected as 1&2 in the East.  Thanks SEC Office.  

Does it really make a difference?  They haven't have a problem beating either of those teams since NS has been there, uat's record vs those two teams are 5-1 vs UF & 5-1 vs UGA.  

42 minutes ago, keesler said:

Does it really make a difference?  They haven't have a problem beating either of those teams since NS has been there, uat's record vs those two teams are 5-1 vs UF & 5-1 vs UGA.  

While I think I agree with your general stance on this, just to split hairs, UT hasn't had to play good versions of both of those teams in the regular season yet. 

Again, I think I agree with your sentiment on this.

We need to win the ones we should and show up for the ones that matter. When we start doing that, we can start whining about other things. Until then, we're not a team that would be in the playoffs if our schedule were easier. We're just an underperforming team. 

Serious teams may respect us but they don't fear us.

Dye remembered playing Auburn in his days as an All-America guard at Georgia. “Those blue jerseys put the fear of God in people,” 

When Auburn can do this again the schedule situation will take care of itself. 

21 hours ago, keesler said:

These schedules are made yrs in advance and UAT's own fans have been complaining about Duke as the opener for years.  

They don't complain when the cupcake schedule allows bammer to have a clear path to the playoffs though...so that's pretty hypocritical.  And as for the schedules being made years in advance....they are not so far out that the nickster can't get a feel for the competition. 

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

They don't complain when the cupcake schedule allows bammer to have a clear path to the playoffs though...so that's pretty hypocritical.  And as for the schedules being made years in advance....they are not so far out that the nickster can't get a feel for the competition. 

Very true Belle, I'm sure NS could've done a lot better than Duke from the ACC.

But on the other hand, they haven't had a problem pretty much blowing through whatever schedule they've had the last several years.  They've had no problems with LSU/UGA/UF/MSU/UT or any other team outside a couple of losses to OleMiss & AU mixed in there.

• WarTiger changed the title to uat nonconference schedule under scrutiny

Archived