CNN: SDNY investigation "wrapping up", prosecutors unlikely to charge Trump Org executives

Auburnfan91

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

HELL NO. He is totally incompetent and certainly dirty with banking, business, taxes, and money laundering. But this crazy as hell notion that "he only got elected because "Russians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" is just too stupid for words. We have had two formal investigations by two highly reputable groups that have so far returned just about nothing. DJT got elected because a bunch of middle class people are tired of DC Elites. It is just that simple. DJT ran a populist campaign against a candidate that ran a horrifically bad camapign, that did some really nauseatingly suspicious things with her emails. The DNC had to get involved and slant almost every rule for her and shaft who should have been the real nominee. HRC couldnt even win the nomination if it hadnt been for the superdelegates and DWS.

Back to the Russian involvement: It was estimated that the Russians aided Trump to the tune of MAYBE $1.5M... HRC outspent Trump by $500M. If $1.5M can overcome $500M than we are toast as a country because the Russians must be the most highly efficient political machine ever in America. DJT won because HRC ran a miserable campaign. The Russiasn may have helped, but it was a probably a third tier level effort at best.

I agree.  I doubt Trump was elected because of the Russians.  He was elected because of his opponent, Hillary.  She ran an incompetent campaign.

But you completely missed the point. 

The reason there has been such a media frenzy is not because the media believe the Russians won him the election, it's because of Trumps own behavior: 

The refusal to even admit the Russians interfered in our process, the rejection of his own intelligence conclusions in favor of Putin's lies,  his campaign's eagerness to seek Russian help and Trump's own complicity in trying to cover that up, his sucking up to Putin in public, his lying about his ongoing project in Moscow, the defections of many of his closest staff, his secret meeting with Putin, his efforts to obstruct the investigation by firings and pressure (which haven't yet been resolved), the distorted representation of the Mueller report's conclusions by Trump and his lackeys......., etc., etc.

The media coverage is not driven by their assumption that the Russians actually won him the election, which can never be determined anyway.  It's driven by Trump's acting like they did.  

How would you expect them to respond?

And it's not like the Mueller report unequivocally put things to rest.  Just the opposite. 

Had Trump simply admitted to everything that happened - including accepting his own intelligence reports - and not acted so suspiciously close to Putin - this would have died out on it's own. In other words, had he acted like the innocent man he claims to be.  Like I said, there is not way to prove Russian involvement won him the election.  Trump is the one who has kept the story going.

Thank God the media has been and continues to be tenacious regarding Trump.  They are the only thing standing between us and a corrupt, racist, would-be tyrant.   The Republicans sure as hell aren't going to do it.

Wonder where I can go to get 2 minutes of my life back...I think you missed my point and the point of so many people. If the media want to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk about Trump, then let them be accurate. They do not get to waste my time anymore. They can either be right, correct, accurate or STFU. 544K articles and videos slamming the man. I do not mind them slamming him in the least...IF THEY GET IT RIGHT. Mueller and the SDNY show that they really do not know what they are "speculating" about. 

13 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Wonder where I can go to get 2 minutes of my life back...I think you missed my point and the point of so many people. If the media want to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk about Trump, then let them be accurate. They do not get to waste my time anymore. They can either be right, correct, accurate or STFU. 544K articles and videos slamming the man. I do not mind them slamming him in the least...IF THEY GET IT RIGHT. Mueller and the SDNY show that they really do not know what they are "speculating" about. 

Reputable media sources admit when they have made a mistake.  At least the ones I pay attention to do.

If you want to call out the "media" for not being accurate you need to be specific.

This damning of the "media" as a whole is stupid.  And again, the "544K" articles "slamming the man" are a result of the internet/media explosion and the "man's" own behavior.

DJT is a disgrace, but he was a disgrace 30 years ago, WHEN THE MEDIA LOVED HIM. Go back and watch Stelter. He is just plain lying. The media in this country is a ****** joke. They have embarrassed themselves pushing narratives that do not come true. If they want our time anymore, then they need to get the story correct. That's all I and so many more are asking. Is that too complicated or too hard? To get the story right?

Archived