Trump has a “go back to Africa” moment

AUDub

3 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

If they had an English accent  complaining how he did things, and he told them to go back to England, what would you say? 

I’m 99.999% sure that he wouldn’t say that, unless they had an English accent and were black or brown. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Dude, come on.  Just call a spade a spade.  No one's going to kick you off the team for just telling the truth.

Show me the spade and tell me why it’s a spade. You’ll need to provide more than the whole “it is because it is argument.” 

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What difference would it make.  The point is the assumption that because they aren't Western European looking they must not be *really* from here.  Why are you deflecting so much?

And so therefore he thinks his race is superior to theirs’? Is that the necessary conclusion - he is or was being racist?

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Show me the spade and tell me why it’s a spade. You’ll need to provide more than the whole “it is because it is argument.” 

I'm not going to repeat everything that's been said already in the two threads on the subject.  If you're going to equivocate and make excuses as to how if you squint just so and suspend disbelief in the normal meaning of words and their history and usage, you can have that waste of a conversation with yourself.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m 99.999% sure that he wouldn’t say that, unless they had an English accent and were black or brown. 

Trumps pretty arogant, i could seriously see Trump telling a political foe with a brittish accent to go back to England and do whatever lol

18 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

I honestly dont hang much on words, but didnt he say say go back and fix wherever they came from and come back and show us how its done? Something more on those lines?... I kinda took it all as him pointing out.. If you dont like America leave, go wherever, make a better place and come back and let us know how you did it if you want. I just dont see anything wrong with that. 

trump.jpg?itok=5bA29Hyj

For the love of God, man. Read what the man says. You can choose not to put stock into words all you want, but words convey meaning. It’s obviously what he’s saying here. You cannot be serious, right now.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm not going to repeat everything that's been said already in the two threads on the subject.  If you're going to equivocate and make excuses as to how if you squint just so and suspend disbelief in the normal meaning of words and their history and usage, you can have that waste of a conversation with yourself.

Hahahahaha. Dude, you’re such a cop-out. You hate being challenged.

I think some folks here could listen to Trump use the words "n***er" and "wetback" and would still shrug and hem and haw about what he *really* meant.  

"I mean, is that really racist?  Who can say what's really in a man's heart?"

1 minute ago, SaturdayGT said:

Trumps pretty arogant, i could seriously see Trump telling a political foe with a brittish accent to go back to England and do whatever lol

Until he does that I’m not going to believe he would. It’s pretty clear how Trump views white, black, and brown people. 

But, let’s just say he did. Who the **** is Donald Trump to tell any U.S citizen to go back to their country?

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

No, I get weary of you guys setting up stupid tar babies where something is explained plenty of times, but you won't bother to read and have me and others repeat it for you in different words over and over while you parse semantics and waste everyone's time.  It's been explained.  Read.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

No, I get weary of you guys setting up stupid tar babies where something is explained plenty of times, but you won't bother to read and have me and others repeat it for you in different words over and over while you parse semantics and waste everyone's time.  It's been explained.  Read.

I have read it and don’t think my initial post was unreasonable whatsoever nor unnecessarily repetitious in reference to the preceding posts. We could have a civil and thoughtful debate if you take dispute with what I said. After all, this isn’t the smack-talk forum. Unfortunately, you’re not interested in that, as evidenced by your remark.😔

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

trump.jpg?itok=5bA29Hyj

For the love of God, man. Read what the man says. You can choose not to put stock into words all you want, but words convey meaning. It’s obviously what he’s saying here. You cannot be serious, right now.

I tell you you what, ill concede its definitely something that you could make a case for a racist comment. I just didnt take it that way. I could be wrong... God knows im always friggin wrong it seems like lol, but I just dont fear for people of different races under this president. Im sorry, I just have not made the connection.... I know how trump is with his foes, and im just not convinced the color of their skin makes a difference when he goes on the atrack. 

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Until he does that I’m not going to believe he would. It’s pretty clear how Trump views white, black, and brown people. 

But, let’s just say he did. Who the **** is Donald Trump to tell any U.S citizen to go back to their country?

Thats a point i cant argue with. 

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Nola, come on. You’re smarter than this, man. It is what it is. What he said is pretty messed up and textbook racist rhetoric. He’s an old man. Old people say racist stuff. Nobody is going to think you’ve turned raging liberal if you just call something what it obviously is. He told those women to where they came from, right after insinuating that they all come from other countries. The only reason he’d think that, is because they aren’t white. 

You guys don’t want to be called bigots and racists, but you defend **** like this.

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I have read it and don’t think my initial post was unreasonable whatsoever nor unnecessarily repetitious in reference to the preceding posts. We could have a civil and thoughtful debate if you take dispute with what I said. After all, this isn’t the smack-talk forum. Unfortunately, you’re not interested in that, as evidenced by your remark.😔

*sigh*

I know you're young, but you can't be serious that you don't understand the history of things like "go back to Africa" or "go back to where you came from" as it pertains to racist remarks in this country.  Nor can you be so naive as to not understand what it means to just assume someone isn't from America because they aren't white, or they don't have a last name like Smith, Jones, or Baker.

This isn't hard and there's no need to bend oneself into a pretzel trying to come up with a possible way he wasn't saying racist things here.

But if this doesn't do it for you, I'm done explaining the bleeding obvious.

5 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

I tell you you what, ill concede its definitely something that you could make a case for a racist comment. I just didnt take it that way. I could be wrong... God knows im always friggin wrong it seems like lol, but I just dont fear for people of different races under this president. Im sorry, I just have not made the connection.... I know how trump is with his foes, and im just not convinced the color of their skin makes a difference when he goes on the atrack. 

I don’t know if I fear for other races under Trump, because I know that the constitution will protect those people from just straight up being sent away. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t feel a certain way about who the “true Americans” are. It’s pretty clear that he does. 

6 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

facepalm.jpg

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Nola, come on. You’re smarter than this, man. It is what it is. What he said is pretty messed up and textbook racist rhetoric. He’s an old man. Old people say racist stuff. Nobody is going to think you’ve turned raging liberal if you just call something what it obviously is. He told those women to where they came from, right after insinuating that they all come from other countries. The only reason he’d think that, is because they aren’t white. 

You guys don’t want to be called bigots and racists, but you defend **** like this.

How did I defend it? I conceded that it was ill-advised and inconsiderate, offensive, and hurtful to the recipient. Please address this response.

The second point I raised was the issue of whether his statements fairly and necessarily lead to the conclusion that they were made on the basis of the perception that his race is superior to theirs. Were they? I then pointed out that the existence of “racism” can turn on the scope one attributes it. This latter point is particularly notable when the issue of race-superiority isn’t facially apparent (expressly provided).

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

How did I defend it? I conceded that it was ill-advised and inconsiderate, offensive, and hurtful to the recipient. Please address this response.

The second point I raised was the issue of whether his statements fairly and necessarily lead to the conclusion that they were made on the basis of the perception that his race is superior to theirs. Were they? I then pointed out that the existence of “racism” can turn on the scope one attributes it. This latter point is particularly notable when the issue of race-superiority isn’t facially apparent (expressly provided).

I understand what you’re saying, but when you try to call it anything other than what it is, it gives the appearance that you’re defending him.

I think that by him telling them to go back to the countries they came from, he trying to convey a message that they don’t naturally belong in “his America”. So I would say that he’s perceiving his race as being superior, because the only reason he thinks they are from different countries is because they aren’t white, with traditionally white names.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

*sigh*

I know you're young, but you can't be serious that you don't understand the history of things like "go back to Africa" or "go back to where you came from" as it pertains to racist remarks in this country.  Nor can you be so naive as to not understand what it means to just assume someone isn't from America because they aren't white, or they don't have a last name like Smith, Jones, or Baker.

This isn't hard and there's no need to bend oneself into a pretzel trying to come up with a possible way he wasn't saying racist things here.

But if this doesn't do it for you, I'm done explaining the bleeding obvious.

No, this doesn’t do it for me. Specifically, it doesn’t come close to showing that his statements fairly and necessarily lead to the conclusion that they were issued on the basis of a perception of race-superiority. 

If you’re just going to make remarks about me, you can save it for the other forum. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

No, this doesn’t do it for me. Specifically, it doesn’t come close to showing that his statements fairly and necessarily lead to the conclusion that they were issued on the basis of a perception of race-superiority. 

If you’re just going to make remarks about me, you can save it for the other forum. Thanks.

I agree, but if people think he’s racist all the time they see race in everything he says ; and you, or I, will ever get them to give him the benefit of doubt.

9 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

If you’re just going to make remarks about me, you can save it for the other forum. Thanks.I

Quit being so damn sensitive.

And your definition of racism isn't the only one to go by and is not limited to such a narrow scope.  It is indeed racist to assume, for instance, that one is not a "real" American or a natural born American simply because they aren't white or don't have "regular" sounding names...an assumption he would never make (and has never made by the way) about white politicians and critics.  Other (white) Democrats have been every bit as critical in the past such as Pelosi, Warren, Biden, and others but never any remarks about how they should go back to their own countries and fix them first before telling "us" how to fix the US.

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

I agree, but if people think he’s racist all the time they see race in everything he says ; and you, or I, will ever get them to give him the benefit of doubt.

I don't think he's racist all the time.  I think he's racist sometimes though.  This is one of them.

I think this considerably more nationalist than racist, and I'm not a Trump supporter. Blown way out of proportion like most everything he says or tweets. 

Archived