Oregon - GAME THREAD

WarTiger

3 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Have we fired Gus yet?  It’d be ashamed if he’s allowed to coach another Auburn football game.  Great guy, but a damn clown of a football coach.  He should quit chewing gum as it obviously involves too much mental capacity to make a good play call or go for 2 there at the end of the game.

It was 26-21. If we go for two and make it, it's 28-21 and Oregon has to get a TD and xp to tie. If we go for two and fail, it remains 26-22 and all Oregon has to do is score a TD to win. Either way Oregon has to score a TD. By kicking the xp, we make Oregon have to try for the xp. That is another play that we could make something happen. Otherwise it's over after a TD.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kevon67 said:

Seems like someone is every season

Yeah I am growing tired of our vocal peewee coaches. #clueless

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

My Man crush Sal saved us

My man crush Anders didn't have to. :timeout:

It is amazing that a good defense makes an offensive game plan look bad and a cupcake makes you look like a world beater. Plus you have a QB playing his first college game ever.  I would not doubt Oregon winning their conference and playing in the playoffs this year. 

Plain and simple: that was an awesome comeback. We played TERRIBLE for the first quarter and a half. Then we turned it around. Malzahn did not do a bad job calling plays, though he put us in some obvious passing situations now and again. It was also that run first mentality that wore down Oregon.

Lot to learn from but look around the college football landscape and there’s noone else who’s beaten a team as good as the one we just beat. 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It was 26-21. If we go for two and make it, it's 28-21 and Oregon has to get a TD and xp to tie. If we go for two and fail, it remains 26-22 and all Oregon has to do is score a TD to win. Either way Oregon has to score a TD. By kicking the xp, we make Oregon have to try for the xp. That is another play that we could make something happen. Otherwise it's over after a TD.

Would anyone here be supporting the decision to not go for 2 (when we had the chance) had they scored and made the xp to win?  You play to win, not play for a fricking prayer on a botched xp kick.

Just now, Coastal Tiger said:

Would anyone here be supporting the decision to not go for 2 (when we had the chance) had they scored and made the xp to win?  You play to win, not play for a fricking prayer on a botched xp kick.

That's really not smart. Either way they need a TD to win. One needs an TD and XP for the win and one just needs the TD. I'd want the first option.

Archived