Oregon post game

Auburn2Eugene

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I got offered tequila shots after the game by some Oregon folks.  Would love to hang out with them again in the future.  Just wish they had brought their band!

When we went to Scottsdale in 2011, they were all awesome. First night we went to the official Auburn bar, and it was kind of okay. The bar across the street looked to be a lot more fun, and it turned out it was the official Oregon bar, so we went over there instead. Ended up having a great time. People would heckle us in good fun and most were very friendly and curious. We thought they were way more fun than the Auburn crew.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, fredst said:

He runs hard and made something out of nothing a few times but.... he missed holes more than once by trying to do exactly this. I am hoping that with some film study and good coaching (from a guy that made it to the NFL so he should know) he will get past this tendency. Hard habit to break when, I’m sure for his whole life, before AU he got away with it because he was the best athlete on the field. 

Well you know he also didn't play hb. He's learning on the fly!

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Kam Martin gets a bad rap on here for some reason but I thought he had a good game. I’d like to see Joiner get some touches as well 

Kam had a couple good touches last night. Think the more we play the better all of our backs are going to look. Offensive line started to give me some hope toward the end last night.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I got offered tequila shots after the game by some Oregon folks.  Would love to hang out with them again in the future.  Just wish they had brought their band!

Speaking of cool fanbases, I remember in the Oklahoma sugar bowl I met some OU fans on bourbon street in the pouring rain and they were some of the nicest dudes I’ve ever met 

Oh and last whitlow comment, the winning pass play to Seth he chipped the dude blitzing. If he didn't make that play Bo doesn't get that pass off and we probably take a sack get out of fg range and we lose as the clock runs out

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Well you know he also didn't play hb. He's learning on the fly!

Yes, of course. That’s why I was excited about him last year; given his lack of experience I thought that the potential he showed was incredibly encouraging. And, that’s why I’m optimistic that Caddy can coach him up to trust his blockers and run to the hole instead of trying to ad lib/backyard ball. He has great athleticism and, I think, toughness. Now that OL on the other hand....

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh and last whitlow comment, the winning pass play to Seth he chipped the dude blitzing. If he didn't make that play Bo doesn't get that pass off and we probably take a sack get out of fg range and we lose as the clock runs out

Yep. BW was the bell cow last night. He and the defense deserve the game ball. 

Can anyone offer insight on what exactly the problem is with the O-line and why it’s so bad? I know we are on the lower end talent wise so that doesn’t help but what else is the issue? Kim seemed to get beat all night, Horton too for that matter. 

Although not a lineman, 99 ain’t gone cut it on blocking. He is no Chandler Cox. 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Kam had a couple good touches last night. Think the more we play the better all of our backs are going to look. Offensive line started to give me some hope toward the end last night.

Boobie is great but we simply have to develop some depth at RB in case he gets injured. Martin, Miller, and Shivors have to get more touches to give Boobie some rest or, God forbid, if he goes down. 

Just now, Dan-0 said:

Boobie is great but we simply have to develop some depth at RB in case he gets injured. Martin, Miller, and Shivors have to get more touches to give Boobie some rest or, God forbid, if he goes down. 

DJ Williams is that next guy imo. He got hurt during camp I believe but dude is a stud. I hope we get to use him this season. 

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Can anyone offer insight on what exactly the problem is with the O-line and why it’s so bad? I know we are on the lower end talent wise so that doesn’t help but what else is the issue? Kim seemed to get beat all night, Horton too for that matter. 

Although not a lineman, 99 ain’t gone cut it on blocking. He is no Chandler Cox. 

I have a few thoughts but 99 made plays when it mattered. And I will also remind that Cox and my dude before him that was an awesome blocker played horribly their first few games

I'll tell all what I thought, I'll look at people's questions and just watch other conversations to jog my memory with stuff

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Question, and this might be obvious, is Bo Nix names after Bo Jackson?

Yes he is

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I have a few thoughts but 99 made plays when it mattered. And I will also remind that Cox and my dude before him that was an awesome blocker played horribly their first few games

Very true. He did make some plays at the end but he whiffed badly on multiple blocks. Hopefully it was just a first game thing. I think you’re talking about Prosch (spelling?).  If 99 can be half of what he was I’d be stoked. 

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

For the record, the short throw over the middle would have been wide open all night had we attempted it.  Oregon didn't have defenders in sight between the hash marks when we dropped back to pass.  Piss poor coaching to not take advantage of that.

This is what I will never understand. How can you coach for years and look at countless amounts of film and not notice and adjust to this stuff? Makes no amount of sense.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Also Seth is the one that persuaded Gus to give him that last shot. I don’t blame Gus for taking the risk remember we already had one missed field goal. Worked out well but Seth and Bo pushed Gus for the play. And Gus confirmed that in his post game.

I like that...I Iike that alot.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

For the record, the short throw over the middle would have been wide open all night had we attempted it.  Oregon didn't have defenders in sight between the hash marks when we dropped back to pass.  Piss poor coaching to not take advantage of that.

One thing I found humorous was the td pass to stove, we threw it because we saw they weren't ready but they played the soft coverage the entire game.....that play was ALWAYS open to be attacked just like that but we just happened to do it because we were trying to rush lol. 

Boobie is a very tough runner and always has that extra effort. Love to have him back there. Just don't want to run him into the ground because he is so dependable.  Malzahn tends to do that.

He wanted a breather. Gus could have let him hand off that sweep to Martin when he was exhausted. 

8 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Very true. He did make some plays at the end but he whiffed badly on multiple blocks. Hopefully it was just a first game thing. I think you’re talking about Prosch (spelling?).  If 99 can be half of what he was I’d be stoked. 

Yes sir you're correct that's who I was trying to think of. Thanx for the help with that. 

3 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Poor thing. Sorry you are so disappointed.

Where did you see I was disappointed.... I said I was Thankful... just more to Seth than Bo...  He is the one that made the play, not Bo.  The pass Bo threw was not good.  It was short and late.  Seth was wide open and the pass should have been easy toss/catch thrown deeper and more to the sideline.  Instead he threw it short and more to the center of the field and allowed the defender to recover from the safety position.  More times than not, a safety intercepts that ball.  Seth went up and made a play... and again, I am thankful for that.

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'll tell all what I thought, I'll look at people's questions and just watch other conversations to jog my memory with stuff

Earlier in the week you asked the board a question; What would be think if Bo threw for 3 TDs but had 3 INTs and we still won?  Well, he threw for 2 TDs and had 2 INTs, your thoughts?

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Earlier in the week you asked the board a question; What would be think if Bo threw for 3 TDs but had 3 INTs and we still won?  Well, he threw for 2 TDs and had 2 INTs, your thoughts?

I'll take any win I can get... especially against a ranked good team.  

As for Bo... he made a lot of FR mistakes.  His stat line isn't good at all.  The defense and "Heart/Fight" of this team won the game... but we kinda knew that was going to be the case this year...  It's no surprise.  

38 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Speaking of cool fanbases, I remember in the Oklahoma sugar bowl I met some OU fans on bourbon street in the pouring rain and they were some of the nicest dudes I’ve ever met 

My whole family are OU fans. (I’m originally from Oklahoma). Some of them are cool and some act like bama fans. I had a cousin and her fiancé that were in New Orleans for that game and they are a couple of the cool ones. 

Archived