Oregon post game

Auburn2Eugene

33 minutes ago, Bathel said:

To be fair... they left 10 points on the field too...  

i’ll have to go back and rewatch our RZ snaps. I don’t particularly have a strong memory of hating the play calls, but more the execution... but could be wrong. Although, I’m not a fan of the sugar huddle. 

Looking back, we only had about 8 snaps in the RZ.  One was an INT one was a muffed snap and one 8 yard sack. 

The problem is when your inside the two never ever run backwards . Take the snap from center and drive thru. That’s why Oregon missed on the final 4 th and one. Lined up with the QBs back slow hand off allow AU to penetrate the line. I’m glad but we shouldn’t make the same mistakes. Nick Coe gave us a first and 10 at the one and we threw it away. In big games you can’t do that

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The problem is when your inside the two never ever run backwards . Take the snap from center and drive thru. That’s why Oregon missed on the final 4 th and one. Lined up with the QBs back slow hand off allow AU to penetrate the line. I’m glad but we shouldn’t make the same mistakes. Nick Coe gave us a first and 10 at the one and we threw it away. In big games you can’t do that

That was big cat

4 minutes ago, JoeinPF said:

How much did  Newkirk play?

He I saw him out there, don't know a definite metric as far as how much exactly though

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Didn’t Harrell have two (I know at least one) costly penalties? He was also part of the unit that had Bo running for his life almost every drive and need Whitlow to duck 3 defenders just to get back to the line of scrimmage OFTEN. I don’t want to attack any unit/players but the OL should be the last ones to brag over this performance 

Late in the ballgame, with everything at stake I look on the field, and see Coynis, Newkirk, and Derick Hall on the D line.  Kudos to Newkirk making it back so quickly and to the coaches for trusting the young guys in that situation.  

So I watched both Pat and Bo’s game winning throws and my God were they so similar!

22BD92F1-59BA-49B8-8AA6-F631CF202995.jpeg6F2B46FA-530B-45F4-8966-F7C9796EE12B.jpeg

5 hours ago, Brannigan's Law said:

Some of you fanboys need a dose of reality. This is the kind of place that thinks Will Hasting is a good player too. 

Quit trolling and get off of the forum!

28 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Late in the ballgame, with everything at stake I look on the field, and see Coynis, Newkirk, and Derick Hall on the D line.  Kudos to Newkirk making it back so quickly and to the coaches for trusting the young guys in that situation.  

I think one of the reasons our D got better as the game went on is because Garner subs so many players and we always have fresher plays in the 4th quarter. I think that usually helps him recruit because young players see they will get PT even as 1st year players.   I hope that will help him close with the players he is recruiting right now. 

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think one of the reasons our D got better as the game went on is because Garner subs so many players and we always have fresher plays in the 4th quarter. I think that usually helps him recruit because young players see they will get PT even as 1st year players.   I hope that will help him close with the players he is recruiting right now. 

Agreed, I think a few longer slower offensive drives helped them regroup as well

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Nick Coe gave us a first and 10 at the one and we threw it away. In big games you can’t do that

Are you referring to Bryant that returned the fumble to the 3?

if so, go back and watch that sequence. You had a pass for -1, a “sugar Huddle” muffed snap under center, then an incomplete pass. 

I don’t particularly like that sequence of calls, but the muffed snap really screws that up... have I mentioned I hate that stupid “sugar huddle”. 

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

One thing I found humorous was the td pass to stove, we threw it because we saw they weren't ready but they played the soft coverage the entire game.....that play was ALWAYS open to be attacked just like that but we just happened to do it because we were trying to rush lol. 

Was yelling that the whole game. Especially off of our slot.

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Was yelling that the whole game. Especially off of our slot.

We definitely weren't taking advantage of the cushion they were giving. The Oregon O certainly was early so it should have been in the front of our minds.

On the Stove TD, they didn't even have a guy lined up over him. He was split out waaay wide. Deception, on purpose, with pace???

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

So I watched both Pat and Bo’s game winning throws and my God were they so similar!

22BD92F1-59BA-49B8-8AA6-F631CF202995.jpeg6F2B46FA-530B-45F4-8966-F7C9796EE12B.jpeg

Personally, I don't think this can be played up enough!

Having replayed that play from the '93 IB - 100x, my jaw dropped during the catch (live) as it occurred to me that moment, how eerily similar & momentous the plays were.

2 hours ago, Bathel said:

Are you referring to Bryant that returned the fumble to the 3?

if so, go back and watch that sequence. You had a pass for -1, a “sugar Huddle” muffed snap under center, then an incomplete pass. 

I don’t particularly like that sequence of calls, but the muffed snap really screws that up... have I mentioned I hate that stupid “sugar huddle”. 

Not sure what your problem is.Do you just like to argue or what? I’m not even sure what your point is. Yes I meant Big Kat . How could I miss call an AU Buck/DE by the name of the other Buck/ DE. Pretty sure we just had one run back. But heck your good at pointing out something while completely missing the point . You have only stated about a dozen times so far on this thread that you don’t know why folks complain about the plays ( even though you then state you hate the play) you made thecase for me I’m pretty sure we were inside the 3 in fact it was a bad spot he actually made the one but since you seem to favor Oregon anyway will go with your definition. So my point is why the heck do you try two passes from there . Run the ball straight up the middle or off tackle . Heck if you do it four times and don’t score the worse case scenario is they get the ball on the 1/2 yard line. But anyway we get your point ( if there was a point) Auburn won so live with it. In fact get used to it cause I think these guys are going to do well this year. WDE

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

My thoughts on Bo is I liked his fight. He is what I thought he was going to be. He's not as good as many on here hype up right now, but he's going to be good I think. He was almost overwhelmed but this team fought for him. 

He locks on his first read but that's expected from a freshman. He's a gamer. He was pretty heady as far as everything that was going on.  I didn't like on here how people were making it sort of divisional when he wasn't being successful. If he doesn't make the right play it was everybody else fault....like wr's weren't fighting for the ball and stuff like that.  I was very impressed with a throw he made that wasn't even completed. Just the confidence to make the throw. I'm looking forward to the next couple of games to get him settled in

The interception in the red zone was an odd one on first look.  I didn’t realize it was suppose to be a shuffle pass to worm until the replay, Bo just got too far outside the tackle and missed the window. When that happened Bo was out there with no where to go and made the Freshman mistake.

Agree about the next couple of games.

Someone asked for it afterwards last night, and we definitely asked for it after the A&M 4th quarter, but there needs to be more 4 out formations to take adv of the guy's positives. Obv cant do it always with our blocking but when we're on a roll, and with his legs, I feel like that'd be the most successful way we could use the guy

58 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Personally, I don't think this can be played up enough!

Having replayed that play from the '93 IB - 100x, my jaw dropped during the catch (live) as it occurred to me that moment, how eerily similar & momentous the plays were.

It’s so similar it’s like a movie or something. Absolutely insane it’s on the same spot of the field. They throw similarly. Receiver hops with a defender all over him. Has the same ability to turn and get into the end zone. The only difference is there wasn’t a second defender.

Archived