Oregon post game

Auburn2Eugene

I’d love to see Bo really settle in over the next two games. I think he will. Hopefully he is watching tape and seeing his miscues. He attempted a ton of back shoulder throws which is not his strong suit so I’d like to see something diffferent. For the most part his decisions on where to throw and when weren’t bad, they were just over/underthrown. It’s when he has to float the ball that he is off. I honestly don’t mind the INTs. You’ve at least got a chance when you’re slinging it instead of taking sacks. 

Im a big Bo fan regardless but I’ll table my expectations until A&M

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Not sure what your problem is.Do you just like to argue or what? I’m not even sure what your point is.

Sorry you felt personably attacked... 

My point was that the muffed fumble dictated the play sequence. 

To me you seemed confused... you said:

The problem is when your inside the two never ever run backwards . Take the snap from center and drive thru.  That’s why Oregon missed on the final 4 th and one. Lined up with the QBs back slow hand off allow AU to penetrate the line. I’m glad but we shouldn’t make the same mistakes. Nick Coe gave us a first and 10 at the one and we threw it away. 

maybe I’m miss understanding, but my thought was you recalled the play sequence as a slow developing running play was called... which was not correct.  They called a pass play on 1st, muffed snap under center on 2nd, and pass on 3rd.

As I said, I don’t particularly like the play calls, but that 2nd down muffed snapped from under center kinda made that 3rd down call a bit harder .

I would agree, line up and run it 3 times... which was my point on not liking the sugar huddle... stop trying to be cute and just line up, man up and pound it in  

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

agree.....AU got off to a rough start but both sides got it together over the halftime and played like a different team on both sides of the ball....running game became a factor and defense shut the ducks down...

Someone might give Gus credit for not panicking (like some fans) and pulling Bo after the second INT to go with Joey.     Coaches believed in the players and things gradually came around.   And of course, many AU fans seem to under rate Oregon......falling victim to that misplaced belief that the SEC is the superior conference...despite all of the embarrassing losses by our SEC brethren this weekend. 

For the first time in a long while, effective adjustments were made both on Offense and Defense. That is encouraging. What is not encouraging, is the slow start made by the team as a whole.

18 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Here's a great pic. Shout out to Shea, one of the great Auburn related follows on the Twitter-sphere.

I love her. She’s right up there with Drunk Aubie for me.

Just now, fredst said:

I love Drunk Aubie. This from last night, lol:

They have a podcast, but to be honest, I enjoy the Twitter account much more. 

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

One thing I found humorous was the td pass to stove, we threw it because we saw they weren't ready but they played the soft coverage the entire game.....that play was ALWAYS open to be attacked just like that but we just happened to do it because we were trying to rush lol. 

Do you think that play was off book by Bo and Stove? Looked like a hot read more than anything. 

14 hours ago, Brannigan's Law said:

At this point, can we stop pretending like Shivers deserves playing time? He is just the next in the long line of player that Gus has annoited as a starter without having to earn it. Why Gus has a 5'6 165lb guy out there in pass protection is mind boggling. 

Agree. I remember back in 1989, the Lions trotted out this 5'8" guy against the Steelers, and he ended up with 5 carries for 1 yard. What the hell were they thinking? Name was Barry something-or-other. Man, that dude sucked. Or something.

7 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Agree. I remember back in 1989, the Lions trotted out this 5'8" guy against the Steelers, and he ended up with 5 carries for 1 yard. What the hell were they thinking? Name was Barry something-or-other. Man, that dude sucked. Or something.

You people make me laugh with crap like this. 

15 minutes ago, Brannigan's Law said:

The only 💩 I see is your post about Shivers.

11 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I’m glad for the second half surge, but why do 5 senior linemen have ‘nerves’? You count on your seniors to not have them. 

11 hours ago, au701948 said:

For the first time in a long while, effective adjustments were made both on Offense and Defense. That is encouraging. What is not encouraging, is the slow start made by the team as a whole.

Amen! The game of football is like chess. You move and your opponent counters. You have to adjust continuously. That’s the nature of the game. Gus’s biggest problem to now has been once he decides on his original course he will not change. Even if they stack the line of scrimmage he thinks he can still run on them . Drives me crazy. That is why earlier I said I “thought” I detected a willingness in Gus to change his MO and listen to his coaches and players a little more. And most of all adapt to the circumstance.

58 minutes ago, Brannigan's Law said:

What is hilarious is you have more dislikes and facepalms than you do likes.  You need to be on this forum for more than 30 seconds before you continue to act like a troll and get banned from this forum.  

31 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m glad for the second half surge, but why do 5 senior linemen have ‘nerves’? You count on your seniors to not have them. 

Heck Tiger Woods still get nervous. It’s not unusual for opening day. I would be more worried if they didn’t care enough to worry. Just my thought .

21 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I'm not the one who called it a road game for us. But hey... In today's climate, why should things like facts stand in the way right?

This was a road game for both teams. No way around it. Dallas is not close to either AU or Oregon. I don't get this discussion at all. 

22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The way Bo lead the team in the 4th qtr was more important than the stat line.  His 2 INTs were in the first half and he was able to settle down after that.  The defense gave him time to *find himself* and gain confidence.  Going forward is what I will be watching to see if Bo builds on this game.

Yes, I agree and think he'll make a great QB.  He's a tFR and made some tFR mistakes, which is expected.  But the mistakes he made were very fixable and not fundamentally bad, just mistakes.  I'm excited to see him progress through-out the season and over the next few years.  

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

What is hilarious is you have more dislikes and facepalms than you do likes.  You need to be on this forum for more than 30 seconds before you continue to act like a troll and get banned from this forum.  

I think that’s exactly what he wants us to do—dislikes etc...

I would love to see a total block of this nut by everyone on the forum!!!

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

What is hilarious is you have more dislikes and facepalms than you do likes.  .  

From people who think that a guy who just averaged half a yard per carry is Barry Sanders. 

Same type of people that can't recognize that the offense improved when Hasting didn't play in the 2nd half. 

I had no idea how big Oregon's O-line & D-line were. I went out and looked at the size of D&O lines of SEC teams we will play, and Oregon would likely be at the top of the SEC size wise if they were an SEC team. I look for Oregon to go 10-2 or 11-1 for their season.  We will have to be ready to play Saturday against Tulane. I do think this team will be ready and that Bo will have a great game.

I did not realize how big Herbert was.  The only other QB size wise to Herbert that we will face will be Felipe Franks from UF.  I think we will see how good LSU is this coming weekend when they play Texas. I think we are looking at a 9-3 season and maybe better. I am going out to Youtube and re-watch the game.

Archived