Why are we so divided?

tbone4jc

6 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Your perspective living where you do really catches my attention. You're right, and it's the same for church planting and growing a business...no one writes the best-sellers until after the fact. You don't see the tears, doubt, sweat, and grind from the acorn to the oak. You don't even hear about the ones that labored so faithfully but don't make it. Honest question and absolutely no shade ... was it ever generally thought, assumed, perceived that Dabo seemed to have difficulty tweaking his plan, learning from errors, trusting his staff, etc.? Because if the inexplicable rollercoaster results we see as Auburn fans were to cease even in the most miniscule of steady yearly improvements, so much criticism would dry up. Honest question, and valuing your perspective as an on-the-ground Tiger. Thanks, tbone4jc! 🙂

I think Dabo had to learn how to be a head coach. He hired great coordinator's and learned from his mistakes. He was able to finally put it all together in 2015 but came up just short against bama but you could see he finally had his recipe for success.

The difference between Dabo and Gus is Dabo's ability to adapt and adjust. But you are so right, it doesn't matter how hard you work, how much you believe sometimes things just don't work out. More often tha not it's just about being in the right place at the right time.

The thing I love most about Gus and Dabo is their belief Jesus Christ and the both run a clean program.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

I think Dabo had to learn how to be a head coach. He hired great coordinator's and learned from his mistakes. He was able to finally put it all together in 2015 but came up just short against bama but you could see he finally had his recipe for success.

The difference between Dabo and Gus is Dabo's ability to adapt and adjust. But you are so right, it doesn't matter how hard you work, how much you believe sometimes things just don't work out. More often tha not it's just about being in the right place at the right time.

The thing I love most about Gus and Dabo is their belief Jesus Christ and the both run a clean program.

Amen, friend. I guess we all learn to adapt over time while opportunities comes and go. I'll leave it to the PTB to determine how much adaptation is sufficient, even as I express my hopes and concerns with "my AU Family." Thank you for your perspective. 

11 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

As stated before, couldn't win the games against South Carolina and Fla St in those years you mentioned. Lost 5 straight to S Car and seem to always drop a game to an inferior fow, Ga Tech, NC State. That is the hump.  Ga, LSU and Alabama are all considered "hump" games for Auburn. All three are top tier teams, just as SC and Fl. St were in those years. And yes, there were a lot of fans rumbling about those exact things. If you cannot understand that then I don't know what else to tell you

So... just don't lose. I get it now. 

Well it will be fun to see if Gus finally gets over the hump this season. 

Archived