Top Auburn Quarterbacks

Zeek

3 hours ago, countoff said:

And if he played drunk or hungover....that would explain a lot.

I dispute that as nothing but rumors started by bammers in Birmingham. It's pretty hard to be drunk when you have to get on a team bus at noon of the preceding day and are under constant supervision in a motel with coaches and team mates until game time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean White in Stidham's body (pause) or just with a situation that allowed him to not feel like he had to put his body on the line so often....he would've been an ATG. He mentally was probably the best we've had in a pocket passer this decade, just limited arm strength and a "moxie" that besieged his body 

21 hours ago, Mikey said:

I dispute that as nothing but rumors started by bammers in Birmingham. It's pretty hard to be drunk when you have to get on a team bus at noon of the preceding day and are under constant supervision in a motel with coaches and team mates until game time.

I have no idea if he played drunk or hungover.  I'm just saying that his level of play was poor (especially his senior year).  Although to be fair, he may have been the victim of an abysmal offensive line.  Wasn't that the year that Auburn PTB sent the plane out looking to hire Petrino?

35 minutes ago, countoff said:

I have no idea if he played drunk or hungover.  I'm just saying that his level of play was poor (especially his senior year).  Although to be fair, he may have been the victim of an abysmal offensive line.  Wasn't that the year that Auburn PTB sent the plane out looking to hire Petrino?

No, the plane trip to Petrino land happened four years earlier (2003). Cox's senior year (2007) Auburn's record was 9-4 including wins over Alabama and Clemson in the Peach Bowl.

From Wiki: Brandon Cox ......As Auburn's starting quarterback from 2005 to 2007 he guided the Tigers to a 29-9 record and was a member of the winningest senior class in Auburn history, winning 50 games during their time on the Plains.

Guess you have to be old or see old film..... but I still recall and like the images of Jimmy Sidle and "student body right" from the good old days.    One of only a couple AU quarterbacks to rush for more than a 1000 yards in a season and that was in a ten game season when the team was 9-1 

On 10/13/2019 at 10:48 AM, Mikey said:

I had forgotten about Brandon having been diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis. Some of the symptoms such as slurred speech and distorted facial features around the eyes like droopy eyelids. Also tiredness is a side effect. I'm inclined to agree with you on this. 

On 10/14/2019 at 8:11 AM, countoff said:

I remembered today for some reason that Brandon suffered from Myasthenia Gravis which affects the muscles. Possibly an explanation of sorts. I just remembered the story when he came to Auburn and he was actually quite a tough QB in my opinion. He had overcome a lot to get to play football. 

Archived